You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Bazi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 am

Badger wrote:I’ve been wondering about a few bits of Borussia Dortmund news which have emerged in the past few weeks.
- Dortmund’s profits have been quite small this year
- Dortmund let it be known that Reus has a buy-out clause in his contract
- (And although not new) The on-going Lewandowski saga.

I don’t believe that Dortmund are in worrying financial circumstances – not yet anyway. A loss to Napoli might tip the scales, however. Irrelevant of the footballing loss, it would be a loss of revenue that Dortmund is nearly dependent upon, and it might trigger a few scenarios that involve selling players.

Firstly, if Lewandowski would go anywhere other than to Bayern, they’d sell him in January to get some money, rather than let him go freely in the summer. If Lewandowski refuses to go anywhere else, and Dortmund are too far behind Bayern in the league, they may even consider letting him go to Bayern in January.

Secondly, if anyone (other than Bayern) tries to trigger the release clause in Reus’ contract, there will be a lot of drama – can’t let the fans think they’d sell a favourite star easily – but in the end they’d let him go. Their ideal customer would be Man Utd, who might be persuaded to commute it from a buy-out to a transfer and to part with Kagawa as a makeweight, at a low enough value to make a comfortable profit for Dortmund.

This could be the most interesting January for years.

Lewandowski is going nowhere in January. He's said so himself, nobody should call him because everything is already tied up nice and clean. He's not going to give up on a huge signing bonus for 6 months and Dortmund won't commit suicide by trying to integrate a new CF mid-season for pennies and dimes 6 months prior to the end of Lewandowski's contract. Common football sense 101 says he is going to sign his Bayern contract for next season in January!

The Reus - Kagawa swap is an interesting scenario down the road but nothing more than that. Furthermore Reus will not be leaving in January. No freaking chance. Nothing is going to happen in January at all! Letting go of Reus would cause an uproar in the entire club which could lead to a dangerous downward spiral, getting him to renew his contract or at least give up on his exit clause is the #1 priority of the BVB front office. Common football sense 101 says BVB will continue trying to get him to renew his contract. Should they fail he's going to leave in 2015 and not a single transfer window earlier.

More than one player might leave Dortmund at the end of the season but I expect January to be very boring, at least regarding Borussia Dortmund. All the rumors are tabloid fabrication and Bullshite.

Ahh by the way, Klopp was apparently watching the Romania - Greece game live.

Probably to have a good look at Mitroglou and Maxim.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 am

I wonder what his face looked like when he heard about Hummels's injury. :D

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:37 am

OH GOD! That made me laugh hard!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:02 am

Good video on the history of Borussia Dortmund =D>

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 am

Cool, we now have a new BVB fan on the forum :|
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 am

Bazi wrote:
Badger wrote:I’ve been wondering about a few bits of Borussia Dortmund news which have emerged in the past few weeks.
- Dortmund’s profits have been quite small this year
- Dortmund let it be known that Reus has a buy-out clause in his contract
- (And although not new) The on-going Lewandowski saga.

I don’t believe that Dortmund are in worrying financial circumstances – not yet anyway. A loss to Napoli might tip the scales, however. Irrelevant of the footballing loss, it would be a loss of revenue that Dortmund is nearly dependent upon, and it might trigger a few scenarios that involve selling players.

Firstly, if Lewandowski would go anywhere other than to Bayern, they’d sell him in January to get some money, rather than let him go freely in the summer. If Lewandowski refuses to go anywhere else, and Dortmund are too far behind Bayern in the league, they may even consider letting him go to Bayern in January.

Secondly, if anyone (other than Bayern) tries to trigger the release clause in Reus’ contract, there will be a lot of drama – can’t let the fans think they’d sell a favourite star easily – but in the end they’d let him go. Their ideal customer would be Man Utd, who might be persuaded to commute it from a buy-out to a transfer and to part with Kagawa as a makeweight, at a low enough value to make a comfortable profit for Dortmund.

This could be the most interesting January for years.

Lewandowski is going nowhere in January. He's said so himself, nobody should call him because everything is already tied up nice and clean. He's not going to give up on a huge signing bonus for 6 months and Dortmund won't commit suicide by trying to integrate a new CF mid-season for pennies and dimes 6 months prior to the end of Lewandowski's contract. Common football sense 101 says he is going to sign his Bayern contract for next season in January!

The Reus - Kagawa swap is an interesting scenario down the road but nothing more than that. Furthermore Reus will not be leaving in January. No freaking chance. Nothing is going to happen in January at all! Letting go of Reus would cause an uproar in the entire club which could lead to a dangerous downward spiral, getting him to renew his contract or at least give up on his exit clause is the #1 priority of the BVB front office. Common football sense 101 says BVB will continue trying to get him to renew his contract. Should they fail he's going to leave in 2015 and not a single transfer window earlier.

More than one player might leave Dortmund at the end of the season but I expect January to be very boring, at least regarding Borussia Dortmund. All the rumors are tabloid fabrication and Bullshite.

Snip...

I stand corrected – guilty of some embarrassingly sloppy analysis. I had heard of the Reus clause not becoming effective until 2015, and had forgotten it, and while the Lewandowski factors and not yet known, I had overlooked the signing-on fee that he would get when he moves to another club at the end of his Dortmund contract. The likelihood that he is now looking forward to a large signing-on fee when he moves in the summer is very high, and that will leave him with no wish to move anywhere in January. So, yes, on reflection, I’d agree that Dortmund may not be able to do very much in the January transfer window.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Borusse » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Hummels out for 2 months, Schmelzer out for 3 weeks... We are in some serious trouble and the only way to save the season is to put all our effort into the two reamining Champions League games in the group.

If we dont win those two, then we need to win the Europa League and finish second in the league. And maybe make a good run in the DfB Pokal. Anyway, we are f*cked.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:35 pm

I heard that Piszczek had a friendly yesterday (against Panderborn), don't tell me Kloppo is planning to rush him for this weekend's match after such a lengthy injury? :|

Edit: Sorry Borusse, but was that from an official statement regarding the length? Terrible news :(
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Well, the good news is nobody is going to want to buy Hummels after that many injuries. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:10 pm

SouthernStar wrote:Edit: Sorry Borusse, but was that from an official statement regarding the length? Terrible news :(

I think it is. It's all over Twitter.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Borusse wrote:Hummels out for 2 months, Schmelzer out for 3 weeks... We are in some serious trouble and the only way to save the season is to put all our effort into the two reamining Champions League games in the group.

If we dont win those two, then we need to win the Europa League and finish second in the league. And maybe make a good run in the DfB Pokal. Anyway, we are f*cked.

Winning the Europa League can be just as beneficial to BvB as winning the UCL, maybe not money wise but coefficient wise. Look at how teams like Benfica and Porto have stayed as top seeds for so many seasons.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Hummels with a broken foot. wtf
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Aaaaaaand Dortmund signed Manuel Friedrich on a free.

Not going to help against us, though, unless they want an out-of-form defender to play against the European champions during his first week at the club.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Just read about this. Can he play against us?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:10 pm

I was wrong a few days ago. I thought they were talking about Arne Friedrich who by the way retired back in June :oops:

It's a decent signing from the free agency and he knows BL and CL. Not bad at all
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany