You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Element » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

1-werder asked the DFL to use the name Sokratis because his surname is too long to write and too hard to say

2-Shakhtar have Signed BVB target Bernard for a reported fee of 25 million euros !!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:05 pm

I thought Dortmund's interest in Bernard died upon the transfer of Mkhitaryan?

(PS: yes, I had to google the spelling)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:29 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/08/08/4173931/dortmund-without-piszczek-until-2014?ICID=HP_BN_5

Piszcek out until after the winter break at least... Good news for us I guess!
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby jaybayern » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm

well it is bad news and good new.bad that a player of his quality is not going to be playing while good news that he wont be playing against my team
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Robb3449 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:47 am

Can't seem to find any news on Mkhitaryan. Will he be fit for the opener?
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Der Bomber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:31 am

I only found this on his status, it's from 2 days ago
http://sport.news.am/eng/news/27688/henrikh-mkhitaryan-anxiously-waiting-for-trainings.html

Armenia and Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan is anxiously waiting for trainings.

“Anxiously waiting to train with the team again, can’t wait! I no longer have injury issues with my foot,” he wrote on Facebook.

Mkhitaryan was included in the roster of the Armenian team that will train for the forthcoming match against Albania.

The match Albania vs Armenia is on the 14th so it sounds like he won't be fit for the opener.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Bazi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Der Bomber wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/08/08/4173931/dortmund-without-piszczek-until-2014?ICID=HP_BN_5

I'm really not surprised and it shows how Borussia Dortmund gambled on the player's career last season. They disregarded their role to protect their player for the greater success of the team.

What few people know is that Piszczek had a similar hip injury at Hertha BSC Berlin which was actually endangering his future as a professional football player. This leads me to believe that his injury could have potentially lead to a similar situation or worse if this had gone on any longer. Remember, when the injury was first diagnosed the rupture was small and he would have been out for merely 2-3 months but they didn't want to endanger their CL campaign.

We'll see how strong Piszczek will come back from this injury and whether the damage will affect him permanently.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:03 am

Bazi wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/08/08/4173931/dortmund-without-piszczek-until-2014?ICID=HP_BN_5

I'm really not surprised and it shows how Borussia Dortmund gambled on the player's career last season. They disregarded their role to protect their player for the greater success of the team.

What few people know is that Piszczek had a similar hip injury at Hertha BSC Berlin which was actually endangering his future as a professional football player. This leads me to believe that his injury could have potentially lead to a similar situation or worse if this had gone on any longer. Remember, when the injury was first diagnosed the rupture was small and he would have been out for merely 2-3 months but they didn't want to endanger their CL campaign.

We'll see how strong Piszczek will come back from this injury and whether the damage will affect him permanently.

That's a worrying news. He's a good player and I quite enjoyed how he stopped Ronaldo in CL last season. :D I think Sokratis would replace him? Is there another RB for BVB?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Please do not discuss Dortmund's match here, use the generic Bundesliga thread instead.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Rybko90 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Bazi wrote:

I think you are making some wanton assumptions and accusations here. The surgery was needed, and was always going to be followed by a very lengthy layoff. Piszczek chose to delay the surgery until after the CL. The medical staff obviously analyzed the situation and allowed it based on risk and severity. Do you really think we would risk the career of one of our most important players? Come on.
Rybko90
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bazi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:51 am

Rybko90 wrote:
Bazi wrote:

What few people know is that Piszczek had a similar hip injury at Hertha BSC Berlin which was actually endangering his future as a professional football player. It was the same hip we're talking about right now. This leads me to believe that his injury could have potentially lead to a similar situation or worse if this had gone on any longer. Remember, when the injury was first diagnosed the rupture was small and he would have been out for merely 2-3 months but they didn't want to endanger their CL campaign.

I think you are making some wanton assumptions and accusations here. The surgery was needed, and was always going to be followed by a very lengthy layoff. Piszczek chose to delay the surgery until after the CL. The medical staff obviously analyzed the situation and allowed it based on risk and severity. Do you really think we would risk the career of one of our most important players? Come on.

With his history? Yes. You can monitore as closely as you like, you can't predict 100% how bad the injury can get.

It's known that he his future as a football player was in danger while he was at Hertha BSC Berlin. We know that his injury time at least doubled if not tripled because of the delayed surgery.

Sure we don't know how big the risk actually was but connecting the dots is not too far fetched.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Mhikitaryan is in BvB's squad for their next BuLi match...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4191255
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Guess he'll be making his Bundesliga debut then.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 pm

He's copying Goetze.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 pm

MUTU wrote:This is a new thread to discuss the matches of our rivals Borussia Dortmund

MUTU wrote:Please do not discuss Dortmund's match here

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany