You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby FCB general » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:10 am

What will be the next step? Sokratis, Aubame something, Mkhtaryan... Any strikers on the view? I'm aware of Dortmund striker situation and they will have to buy a no. 2 after Lewy. Schieber is more like choice no. 3. It's very important to have 2 quality strikers.

Dođu, tako, vremena, kada pamet zašuti, budala progovori, a fukara se obogati!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby Borusse » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 am

Aubameyang is an attacking player in general. He will probably play up front from time to time.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCB general » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:27 am

Still, he is that not long-term solution. I see him more as a winger or CAM, but as a striker... :?

You need that striker after Lewy leaves the club. This 13/14 season would be preparation for a new guy. I don't know, maybe it will function without new player, but width is also important if you want to keep this level of playing in BuLi and CL.

Dođu, tako, vremena, kada pamet zašuti, budala progovori, a fukara se obogati!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 am

FCB general wrote:Still, he is that not long-term solution. I see him more as a winger or CAM, but as a striker... :?

You need that striker after Lewy leaves the club. This 13/14 season would be preparation for a new guy. I don't know, maybe it will function without new player, but width is also important if you want to keep this level of playing in BuLi and CL.

Have you seen Aubameyang play? The guy is about as versatile as Muller he can play as a CF if needed and he has the build to play as one.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:01 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
FCB general wrote:Still, he is that not long-term solution. I see him more as a winger or CAM, but as a striker... :?

Have you seen Aubameyang play? The guy is about as versatile as Muller he can play as a CF if needed and he has the build to play as one.....

His physique and stats don't match though and he doesn't play SS like Müller. He's 1.85m tall but he's rather skinny because he makes use of quickness as a winger, it's his biggest asset. Plus he doesn't possess Lewandowski's hold-up play and can't compete with strong CB's like the Pole can. He just doesn't possess the necessary physique or doesn't want to because his speed would suffer from it. He's an option for the CF position but I believe he's mainly a winger.

His stats prove this pretty nicely:

CF: 16 games, 6 goals 4 assists
RW: 7 games, 4 goals, 3 assists
LW: 13 games, 8 goals, 6 assists

One game with one goal and assist unaccounted for (position wise).
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 am

According to Sky Germany Mkhitaryan and his agent are in Dortmund and will sign the contract today.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Would be very nice. :) Our squad up front will probably look like this:

Reus, Mhikitaryan, Kuba
--------- Lewan ----------

And Aubameyang, Hofmann + "young, talented player". Oh, and Schieber... And Grosskreutz, but he will probably serve as a back-up defender.

Its not bad but still not as good as I hoped it would be. That means Hofmann will get plenty of chances next season, thats a big positive but only if he manages to use those chances he gets. Well, and of course if Klopp doesnt decide to put Grosskreutz in the starting line-up everytime...
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

http://aktie.bvb.de/IR-News/Ad-Hoc-News ... Mkhitaryan

Official: Mkhitaryan signs a contract till 2017. Could be a dissapointement for some people but a 4-year contract is definitely not bad. He will play here for at least 3 years.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Borusse wrote:http://aktie.bvb.de/IR-News/Ad-Hoc-News/Borussia-Dortmund-GmbH-Co.-KGaA-beabsichtigt-Verpflichtung-von-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan

Official: Mkhitaryan signs a contract till 2017. Could be a dissapointement for some people but a 4-year contract is definitely not bad. He will play here for at least 3 years.

It was probably a question of 5 years and a release clause or 4 years without one.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeah, the dude's gotta know when he can join Real Madrid and leave his "stepping stone". :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Bazi wrote:It was probably a question of 5 years and a release clause or 4 years without one.

Thought the exact same thing.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:10 pm

By the transfers we made (Sokratis, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan) it is so obvious what Klopp values the most in players.

First of all workrate. All of those footballers are such hard workers, running the extra mile for the team. Sokratis always gives his all, he is a Greek afterall. Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan are very inteligent players, their movement on the pitch is very very good.

Next atribute, speed. Sokratis is a fast CB who can also play right back. Mkhitaryan is very fast and Aubameyang is the fastest of them all. They should work great in our counter-attacking game.

Aubameyang knows his way around pressing game too. Those three players seem to fit perfectly into Dortmund's system. I like that very much.

When you think about it, Eriksen or even my dream transfer - Ozil - were not something we should be looking for. They dont fit our style of play.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Borusse wrote:By the transfers we made (Sokratis, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan) it is so obvious what Klopp values the most in players.

First of all workrate. All of those footballers are such hard workers, running the extra mile for the team. Sokratis always gives his all, he is a Greek afterall. Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan are very inteligent players, their movement on the pitch is very very good.

Next atribute, speed. Sokratis is a fast CB who can also play right back. Mkhitaryan is very fast and Aubameyang is the fastest of them all. They should work great in our counter-attacking game.

Aubameyang knows his way around pressing game too. Those three players seem to fit perfectly into Dortmund's system. I like that very much.

When you think about it, Eriksen or even my dream transfer - Ozil - were not something we should be looking for. They dont fit our style of play.

I'm not disagreeing with your evaluation of the players. I think it's spot on for the most part.

However the last part makes me curious because I heard Klopp say after the defeat of Wembley how he is planning to get away from possession football and instead concentrate on their forte of transitional football.

How the hell is he going to convince 90% of the opposition in the Bundesliga to participate in the game? Borussia Dortmund will have the possession because the other club will give the ball away on purpose all the time. The coaches will advise their teams to be careful in certain areas where Dortmund likes to give the ball away on purpose to create dangerous counter attacks. They will force Dortmund to build up in possession against ten men in-front of the penalty box and this isn't their forte at all.

The big problem is: How is Dortmund going to score the 1-0? The game of quick transitions works great as soon as you're up or the opponent like Bayern makes the game but even Schalke and Leverkusen play counterattacking football against Dortmund. Mario Götze was so crucial for Dortmund in a lot of those games because different to Reus he's a creative playmaker who works under any circumstance. He wove Dortmund's attacks together when the opposing team sat back deep. Can the Armenian do that? From what I hear he's more like Marco Reus than Mario Götze so how will that pan out?

I'm very curious about Klopp's solution for that problem because Dortmund's possession statistics constantly increased over the last 2 years in the Bundesliga.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Bazi wrote:The big problem is: How is Dortmund going to score the 1-0

It took us years to solve that problem. It was only last season that it was no longer evident. We'll see whether Dortmund can pull it off.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:04 pm

They should work great in our counter-attacking game.

I would not say Dortmund is a counter-attacking team. They play a fast transition game (which is different) that is more defined by quick passes forward rather than players running fast with the ball. Still, the new players would seem to fit well.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany