You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 am

Dortmund's new singing seems to be an interesting one. Despite being considered an striker he seems to be more productive on the right wing, where most of his 21 goals and 16 assists in France came from; the other 12 points from playing as a centre forward. Saint-Étienne did not see any European action last season (neither will do so this season for that matter.) He has been called 'the fastest player in France' and he seems to be one of their fastest rising stars as well; his valuation jumped more than 100% in a single season. He seems to love Spider-man too, keeping a mask close to goal for celebrations when the opportunity arises.

Problem is Spidey here seems to have some either terrific performances against big teams, or none at all. Out of the 8 ligue games vs the tough guys (PSG, Marseille, Lyon and Nice ranked in that order last season) he managed one terrific performance vs PSG, coming in on the second half while visiting with a goal down only to score one and assist another; surely the highlight of the year for any player in the league. He was also instrumental in the demolishing of Nice, with a goal and two assists on a 4-0 total scoreline. An assist in the return leg vs PSG brought closure to his tally as he failed to score a single goal or assist in the other 5 games in this discussion.

I am not sure I would count him as a proper, lone striker either, as he seems to be heavily dependent on his right leg and he provides almost no aerial threat. Then again, Dortmund doesn't seem to be much of an air superiority type of team on the front. I am not sure this is replacement to either the two big issues they have at present, a missing Götze or a later-rather-than sooner-departing Lewandowski.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am

tflags wrote:I am not sure I would count him as a proper, lone striker either, as he seems to be heavily dependent on his right leg and he provides almost no aerial threat. Then again, Dortmund doesn't seem to be much of an air superiority type of team on the front.

That's actually an interesting point and I have a slightly different opinion on the matter.

Dortmund depends heavily on long balls from Hummels and Subotic towards Lewandowski. They may not score their goals with headers a lot but the sole striker needs an excellent hold- & link-up play as well as the ability to properly handle those long balls without losing possession. I don't think the Frenchman has the needed physicality and skillset to do that anywhere near Lewandowski's level. Consequently he isn't a Lewandowski replacement.

Despite all the skepticism about Dortmund's transfer period it's not that bad.

They got Sokratis for € 9.5m replacing Santana and being the backup for Piszczek. He's a quality Bundesliga player for a decent price.
They got Aubameyang for € 13-15m from AS St. Etienne who is a fast, versatile offensive player who can play on three positions. The price is very good.

What they really need for the Starting XI now is another quality CAM like that Armenian dude and perhaps an offensive role player like Ji for some change.

I think Dortmund are doing sound business and as long as the CAM void is filled properly they should be content. I bet there remains some money in the warchest in case Kevin de Bruyne should come on the market.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

:D

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:59 pm

christ that's an obnoxious goal celebration. And I thought Bale's heart crap was bad.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:07 pm

The guys has some serious attitude problems, it seems.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Bazi wrote:Dortmund depends heavily on long balls from Hummels and Subotic towards Lewandowski. They may not score their goals with headers a lot but the sole striker needs an excellent hold- & link-up play as well as the ability to properly handle those long balls without losing possession.

Indeed, let's not forget the crosses from Reus or Gotze no Madrid fan will forget any time soon for example. My point regarding Dortmund's forward lineup not going for air superiority (headers, aerial challenges) is notable in their choice of players as compared to Bayern for example; the old fashioned Champions that taught Barza how to handle yourself in the air. Hell, Mandzukic headers in the Euros might as well have sealed his contract in Bayern for all practical purposes if I may say so.

Dortmund knows its strength (speed, pressing, transitional play) and their weaknesses (one on ones, opportunity build up, possession, aerial challenges.) They are not building their team their team to win on the air, they are doing so through speed (Reus, Lewandowski, new guy from France.)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Bazi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

tflags wrote:
Bazi wrote:Dortmund depends heavily on long balls from Hummels and Subotic towards Lewandowski. They may not score their goals with headers a lot but the sole striker needs an excellent hold- & link-up play as well as the ability to properly handle those long balls without losing possession.

Indeed, let's not forget the crosses from Reus or Gotze no Madrid fan will forget any time soon for example. My point regarding Dortmund's forward lineup not going for air superiority (headers, aerial challenges) is notable in their choice of players as compared to Bayern for example; the old fashioned Champions that taught Barza how to handle yourself in the air. Hell, Mandzukic headers in the Euros might as well have sealed his contract in Bayern for all practical purposes if I may say so.

Dortmund knows its strength (speed, pressing, transitional play) and their weaknesses (one on ones, opportunity build up, possession, aerial challenges.) They are not building their team their team to win on the air, they are doing so through speed (Reus, Lewandowski, new guy from France.)

It's not that I disagree with what your saying but even Dortmund can't discard physicality at certain points of their formation. They need this physical offensive anchor player like Lewandowski because playing precise long balls out of central defensive towards the CF is how they make their game quick a lot of times. Especially when the opposition is more defensive.

That's why Aubameyang is in my view a winger in Dortmund's system. A good fit no question about it but not as a CF. At least that's my impression of the player from what little I've seen.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JJJ » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Official.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Dammit I hate it when we agree... :P

Bazi wrote:That's why Aubameyang is in my view a winger in Dortmund's system. A good fit no question about it but not as a CF. At least that's my impression of the player from what little I've seen.

tflags wrote:Despite being considered an striker he seems to be more productive on the right wing, where most of his 21 goals and 16 assists in France came from... I am not sure I would count him as a proper, lone striker either.. I am not sure this is replacement to either the two big issues they have at present, a missing Götze or a later-rather-than sooner-departing Lewandowski.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Well, that's signing number 2 for BVB. Let's see what else they got.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 pm

tflags wrote:... they are doing so through speed (Reus, Lewandowski, new guy from France.)

A bit more reasearch on the subject:

"He's the quickest player on our team," coach Christophe Galtier told France Football. "His sprints over 40 meters kill opponents, and due to that he has even caused a few injuries among those who have tried to follow him."

He also seems to give both Messi and Ronaldo a run for their money in accuracy, achieving EDIT 69% SOG accuracy vs 60 and 50 percent for the other two respectively.
Last edited by tflags on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby walter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 am

from the goals I've seen in the compilations it seems most of them came from counters. Dortmund might not be a counter-attacking team but they play fast transition so it would seem that Aubameyang would fit well with them. They still got the "10" vacancy problem though.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Element » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Ukrainian Magazin ATN Reports that Henrikh Mkhitaryan to BVB is a done deal

Both Clubs agreed on a 25 million euros Fee

General Director Sergej Galkin said that Henrikh Mkhitaryan had a player release clause of 30 million Dollars (23 million euros)

so BVB could have paid Mkhitaryan the money and he could have released himself from the contract , but Dortmund decided to do it the clean way
http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundes ... e=recalcul
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:15 pm

A great player. BVB are doing some really good business these days.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

The deal with Liverpool is not agreed as some media early reported. Dortmund have a chance to buy this guy who's really good footballer.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany