You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:35 pm

I could be wrong but Marca is Real Madrid's propaganda newspaper and AS is close to Barca, right?

I think it's just the usual media ramble down there in Spain.

Either way. Özil costs at least € 40m with his contract expiring in 2015. Dortmund can't afford him.

I believe Özil is just fishing for a bigger contract at Real Madrid. He doesn't strike me as unhappy there.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Bazi wrote:I could be wrong but Marca is Real Madrid's propaganda newspaper and AS is close to Barca, right?

I think it's just the usual media ramble down there in Spain.

Either way. Özil costs at least € 40m with his contract expiring in 2015. Dortmund can't afford him.

I believe Özil is just fishing for a bigger contract at Real Madrid. He doesn't strike me as unhappy there.

Before I write anything else, lets all agree Ozil to Dortmund is more of a dream than real possibility.

BUT! How you figured that we cant afford him? We have about 70-80 million euros to spend, we already discussed this. Even after taxes we have that kind of money because we saved up plenty in previous years and sold Perisic for 8 mio too. Money is NOT the problem here. We could even offer him about 6 million euros a year because Watzke said we are increasing our wages budget from 50 to 68. :wink:

Only problem and the biggest one here is to convince the player himself to join Dortmund. And that is only possible if the player is really unhappy and wants to comeback to his family and girlfriend in Germany. And we dont know how things really are, only the player knows it.

PS AS is a newspaper from Madrid, I dont think they are anti-Madrid.

Little more about the wages - we will be renegotiating contracts with Reus and Gundogan. I think they both deserve to earn 5 millions a year and that is possible now. I hope we offer them this kind of money.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Bazi wrote:I could be wrong but Marca is Real Madrid's propaganda newspaper and AS is close to Barca, right?

Nope. Marca and AS are both headquartered in Madrid and are Madrid's 'propaganda newspaper'. :)

Mundo Deportivo and Sport are headquartered in Barcelona and their news revolves around them.

Searched for their circulation details too. Here they are ranked according to circulation-
1. Marca(>0.3m)
2. AS(>0.2m)
3. Sport(>0.12m)
4. Mundo Deportivo (>0.1m)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:53 pm

I think El Confidential is also pro-Barca.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Borusse wrote:I think El Confidential is also pro-Barca.

Not famous enough to even be mentioned on Wiki. Check 'Special-interest newspapers' [source]
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm

You're calculation is way off Borusse.

What you overlook is that Özil wants to earn € 13m a year on his new contract...finance that...even if he goes down to € 10m you can't afford his wages.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 pm

quaazi wrote:I can't see Özil fitting into Dortmund's pressing game that well.

I was about to write that; mind "at all" instead of "that well."

but Klopp's pressing is entirely different from Mourinho's.

Is there really such a thing as Mourinho's pressing? Links please.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Bazi wrote:You're calculation is way off Borusse.

What you overlook is that Özil wants to earn € 13m a year on his new contract...finance that...even if he goes down to € 10m you can't afford his wages.

Lol, where did you read that one? :D He earns 5 million eurs a year in Madrid and spanish newspapers only said he wants to earn 7 million a year. Your 13 million is definitely way off. Im following polish Real Madrid fansite and they are a very very big site. If there would be an information from a reliable source that Ozil wants to earn 13 million euros a year they would definitely put that news on their site by now.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 pm

13m or even 10m?
That is surely inflated. CR earns only 10-11m euros/year after taxes. There was something called 'Beckham tax exemption rule' in Spain for foreign players. It has been abandoned since then and now foreign players coming on new contracts are taxed 50%. That is why RM have been reluctant to sign a new contract with CR a year earlier. He wants 15m(as I've read at several places) which would mean that RM spend 30m a year only on CR. The very reason behind the reluctance or delay whichever suits you. They are going to extend his contract now and probably have saved around 15m.

There's no way Ozil is on more than 7m. He'd be around 5m at most.

PS: FYI, Mata's exit rumours too have to do with the salary increment agenda not that there's any trouble of high taxes. He earns far less then Hazard and Oscar. :| And his raise has been stalled on Mou's request as the rumours say.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Borusse wrote:

Lol, where did you read that one? :D He earns 5 million eurs a year in Madrid and spanish newspapers only said he wants to earn 7 million a year. Your 13 million is definitely way off. Im following polish Real Madrid fansite and they are a very very big site. If there would be an information from a reliable source that Ozil wants to earn 13 million euros a year they would definitely put that news on their site by now.

No. I fear you're wrong.

Bild reports about € 7m NET which means roughly € 13m gross

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mesut ... .bild.html
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:18 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#sq/de/reus

click "Listen"
exactly like that

I was talking about Mkhitaryan not Reus. :wink: The newsreaders in Malta butcher Reus's name. They pronounce the name as one pronounces Zeus but with an R. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby AdepT » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:28 pm

^ Makh(duck'h' = duck +h) - hi(he) - tar(car) - yan(bun)
Rhyming words in brackets.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Bazi wrote:
Borusse wrote:

No. I fear you're wrong.

Bild reports about € 7m NET which means roughly € 13m gross

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mesut ... .bild.html

We are clearly missunderstanding each other then. Dont you think all the values that are given to the public are NET? :wink: Mats Hummels earns 3,8 million euros a year NET. Its impossible that he earns it gross. Same is with Ozil, he would be earning in Dortmund 6 million euros NET.

Its just the only way it makes sense. If thats not the case then there's only one explanation - Bild is talking bullshit. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Borusse wrote:We are clearly missunderstanding each other then. Dont you think all the values that are given to the public are NET? :wink: Mats Hummels earns 3,8 million euros a year NET. Its impossible that he earns it gross. Same is with Ozil, he would be earning in Dortmund 6 million euros NET.

Its just the only way it makes sense. If thats not the case then there's only one explanation - Bild is talking bullshit. :wink:

No it depends on where you live. The English media usually uses net numbers but it gets tricky with foreign sources.

In Germany it's the standard that the amount of money somebody earns is stated gross. If it's net this information is added.

So Mats Hummels earns € 3.8m gross. I'm very sure about this because think about it. Watzke stated that he plans with € 68m total in wages without bonuses for 2013/14. If Hummels were to earn € 7.5m alone this would be impossible. Nobody would want to leave Dortmund with those wages.

So Mats Hummels earns €2m net. Dortmund could never afford to pay a player like Mesut Özil 13m € if their entire wage bill is no bigger than € 80m including bonuses...

Here's a graphic about Dortmund's wage structure from Swissramble showing that Dortmund can by no means pay that much money to a player.

Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:10 pm

But those wages are gross man! Watzke clearly said our wages budget was around 45 million euros and its gonna increase to 68 million! The graphic clearly shows our wages last season were 79.9 mio, so that MUST mean its gross!

So Im right because our wages budget was 45 million euros NET and its gonna increase (not decrease, Im sure!) next season to 68 million NET. Therefore Hummels earns 3,8 million euros NET. Thank you very much. :wink:

Simple calculation, lets say there are 18 players in the squad and the average salary is 2,5 mio per player. That gives us 45 million euros NET. If you make it gross you get yourself the number shown in the chart. :wink:

I was ready to believe you but that graphic from swissramble (great blog! :wink: ) says it all. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany