You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby quaazi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Tactically, yeah! Tevez would be a superb fit to lead that Dortmund offensive line. Everything else about him, though... ugh... :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes, if we consider the fact he runs like a rabbit and works very hard on the pitch then he would be perfect for Dortmund. But he definitely considers himself a big star, there is no place for that in Dortmund.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I knew something like this was coming...

Watzke gave Derwesten an interview where he was complaining about the overheated transfer market all over Europe and a much more difficult situation than last year.

Nevertheless he said that it would be nice to have the entire squad ready for the training camp on June 10th.It wouldn't be a big problem in case it's not possible. He guarantees though that they'll have a great team until the end of the transfer period.

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussball/ ... #690266655
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Bazi wrote:I knew something like this was coming...

Watzke gave Derwesten an interview where he was complaining about the overheated transfer market all over Europe and a much more difficult situation than last year.

Nevertheless he said that it would be nice to have the entire squad ready for the training camp on June 10th.It wouldn't be a big problem in case it's not possible. He guarantees though that they'll have a great team until the end of the transfer period.

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussball/ ... #690266655

I know what he is talking about St.Etienne are asking €20m-€25m for Patrick Emrike Aubameyang, and i thought he would be a good option for BvB.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 am

So we're playing a waiting game with other clubs who will have to lower their prices in mid-August if they want to sell. Still, its important Watzke promised significant investments. If we will have great team on 1st of September then thats great.

But! Bundesliga starts on 9th of August, we cannot afford to lose any of the first 3-4 games. Without new players with quality it will be hard to win them all and that should be our objective. Therefore I hope Dortmund will make at least 1 or 2 transfers before 3rd of July when our pre season starts. We need a "10" ASAP.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby silberkreuz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:13 am

Well I have to say, for all the good that the management and players do at BvB, the rest of the club is hopelessly incompetent.
The staff that allowed Lewa to go onto one year left on his contract and put a £32m release clause on Gotze when every club in the world was eyeing him up should have been fired. Now those same idiots are failing in their attempts to do anything in the transfer market, which every astute fan knows begins before its actual opening. Tevez is gone, they've let Heung Min Son slip to Leverkusen for less that £8m and now they're sitting around blurting out excuses of: 'the market is inflated'.
What a load, plenty of good business has already been done throughout Europe for low prices.
Apparently, Dortmund's once great scouting team are coming up short.
I'll make it easy for you BvB: buy two of Diego, Eriksen and Jovetic and you'll still have money left over with two great players in the team.
The Lewa issue is more difficult: good strikers really are in short demand at the moment, but Dzeko, Ibisevic and either of the leaving Juventus strikers who would come cheap would make good business to start with. Aubameyang, who plays for AS Saint-Etienne would be good too, and he'd be fairly cheap as well.
On top of that, getting Honda on a free transfer wouldn't be a bad idea.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:20 am

I think you're being too harsh on Dortmund in Götze's case.

The only thing they can be blamed for is that they didn't keep an close enough eye on the player prior to the contractual clause deadline.

When Götze extended his contract in 2012 his old contract would have expired in 2014 and he didn't want to extend his contract without a release clause. However Dortmund wanted to show that they can keep their best players and extend the contract at all costs. Götze and his agents had the far superior negotiating position all along. You have to keep in mind the € 40m offer from Arsene Wenger dating back to 2011! His signature was sought after by many top clubs even back then.

Consequently they got at least a very decent transfer fee for Götze instead of dimes and pennies in 2013 or nothing in 2014 with the terms of his old contract. In retrospective they might have preferred to keep him on his old € 1m salary until 2014 and let him go for free but who knows.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby silberkreuz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 am

Bazi wrote:You have to keep in mind the € 40m offer from Arsene Wenger dating back to 2011! His signature was sought after by many top clubs even back then.

Exactly. Wenger offers €40m and they don't want that so they give him a new contract with a €37m release clause. Genius.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 am

silberkreuz wrote:
Bazi wrote:You have to keep in mind the € 40m offer from Arsene Wenger dating back to 2011! His signature was sought after by many top clubs even back then.

Exactly. Wenger offers €40m and they don't want that so they give him a new contract with a €37m release clause. Genius.

Is that so hard to get? Selling was not their intention. They wanted to keep Götze and convince him that Dortmund is his best option but they couldn't keep him without a contractual clause. However they gambled on Götze not using the clause and lost.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby silberkreuz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:31 am

Bazi wrote:Is that so hard to get? Selling was not their intention. They wanted to keep Götze and convince him that Dortmund is his best option but they couldn't keep him without a contractual clause. However they gambled on Götze not using the clause and lost.

No I get it, but I'm saying that it was a poor business decision. They should have at least put it at the level that the previous bid was, not lower.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 am

silberkreuz wrote:

Source please.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:40 am

tflags wrote:Source please.

Bleacherreport even talks about £ 40m but I recalled € 40m from the Kicker issue back then...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8288 ... a-dortmund

edit: Here's the Kicker report: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... oetze.html

The offer was in 2011 with three years left on his old contract so the situation was obviously completely different than in his new contract. Dortmund would have never gotten € 37m for him with one year left on his contract in 2013...I still think you can't really blame Dortmund much. They wanted to keep the player at all costs and risked losing him with the contractual clause but for all we know Götze would be still a Dortmund player without Pep Guardiola's signing as our new coach.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 am

Commodore wrote:
How about this one: How about having to wear a f*cking swastika on your shirt when your entire club is very much opposed to the Nazi regime and your coach and President, who are both jewish, have to flee the country in fear of their lives and live in exile in Switzerland?

Lets not forget our entire team being sent to the nazi frontline as a punishment for making contact with our Jewish president when playing a match in Switzerland... Most players never returned...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Borusse » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm

So apparently Ozil is a done deal:

http://dembowskiermittelt.blogspot.com/ ... -ozil.html

http://dembowskiermittelt.blogspot.com/ ... witterfeed

:mrgreen:

This journalist has a description of his blog: What I write is pure fiction, nothing to do with reality. :D :D But he writes interesting things and I like what he's writing. :mrgreen:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby silberkreuz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Just saw that Dortmund are bidding £23m for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
They really need to sort out the business side of their operation.
In the same time that Schalke have signed Leon Goretzka, Santana, Adam Szalai and Christian Clemens; and Leverkusen have signed Heung-min Son, Giulio Donati and Robbie Kruse, Dortmund have lost Goetze, Bittencourt and Leitner and signed a 3rd choice defender in Sokratis.
Pathetic. They have upwards of €90m in the bank and they're complaining about an overheated market when direct competitors are showing them how it's done with far fewer resources.
Not to mention them stumbling about the place with absolutely no idea of how to deal with Lewandowski.
It's almost embarrassing to watch.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany