You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Bazi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Commodore wrote:Well, I never hated BVB. In fact I always kind of liked them. But in the recent past they have managed to REALLY piss me off with their embarrassing understatements all the time and victimizing themselves while villainizing us. Watzke is just a clown with his "no lunch" speech and all that.

That whole club started looking like a caricature with all this over the top "True Love" marketing. I mean, I think Bayern are overdoing the "Mia san Mia" a little bit, too. But #fairytale? Really? How small can you make yourself?

It's not that I disagree but consider what's currently happening at Dortmund.

It all began more or less harmless:

2011: The Dortmund youth product Nuri Sahin leaves for Real Madrid
2012: Shinji Kagawa leaves for Manchester United
2013: Mario Götze leaves for Bayern München
2014: Robert Lewandowski leaves for (probably) Bayern München; Ilkay Gündogan possibly leaves for Real Madrid
2014/15: Both Mats Hummels and Neven Subotic made nos secret out of their desire to play abroad in the future, both their contracts expire in 2016
2014/15: The contractual exit clause of Marco Reus activates wich allows him to leave for € 30-34m (date and transfer sum depending on which source you believe)

They are already in a fierce defensive battle for the existence of Borussia Dortmund at international top level as we know it. All the money in the world won't do them any good if this continues. Who knows how many times Jürgen Klopp can muster the energy to rebuild the squad from scratch once again?

Under those severe circumstances, especially when you take the pressure after the Götze transfer and the CL final into consideration, I'm willing to cut them some slack. Sometimes you say stupid things and open your mouth in-front of a camera when you shouldn't have.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't know why some people here are sad, angry or even surprised on what is happening to BvB? This BvB team is not the first or the last team to be dismantles as there top players look for greener pastures. The funny thing is that this isnt the first time its happened to BvB because after the 97 UCL win nearly all of the players that beat Juve ended up leaving shortly after. Personally i just see this as laws of european football running its course and no matter what BvB executives preach to the media they will/can not go against it.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know why some people here are sad, angry or even surprised on what is happening to BvB? This BvB team is not the first or the last team to be dismantles as there top players look for greener pastures. The funny thing is that this isnt the first time its happened to BvB because after the 97 UCL win nearly all of the players that beat Juve ended up leaving shortly after. Personally i just see this as laws of european football running its course and no matter what BvB executives preach to the media they will/can not go against it.....

It was totally expected I agree but only the progress and speed in which it happens was a little surprising. Especially with Mario Götze, I think we can thank the Guardiola effect here.

All I was trying to say is that we should have some sympathy with the BVB. The fans as well as the management. They are in a very tough spot because they obviously want to stay where they are but it's so difficult.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Sympathy Bazi? Come on, you are Bayern fans! F*ck Dortmund, Mia san alpha male, f*ck sympathy for anybody. :wink: Strong Bundesliga? Who cares as long as Bayern will be getting the titles. 8)

Dont bother replying me, Im just a little sad.

Oh, and that article you translated is shit. The translation is good though and deserves recognition.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 pm

After the charity match yesterday Hummels was asked about Dortmund transfers and just said: There will be a suprise.

This could mean two things:
First - we will make a suprise great transfer.
Second - Hummels is leaving, suprise! :lol:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Borusse wrote:After the charity match yesterday Hummels was asked about Dortmund transfers and just said: There will be a suprise.

This could mean two things:
First - we will make a suprise great transfer.
Second - Hummels is leaving, suprise! :lol:

Now im expecting BvB to spend €100m on transfers :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

BREAKING NEWS! Bild informs on Bild-app about Zorc's words!:

- We will present at least 3 new stars that are really good.

COME ON, COME ON, COME ON! =P~ =P~
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Boy! If those guys are really good, I'd like to know if the German intelligence agency(don't know the name) is working from Dortmund?
I'm impressed.

Why am I under impression Mkhitaryan is going to Dortmund? He didn't go for pre-season training. LFC isn't paying enough.
You heard it first from me.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Borusse » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Actually Bild wrote it first about Mkhitaryan. :P They wrote it right under Zorc's statement. He would be a very good transfer for us, definitely.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Borusse wrote:Actually Bild wrote it first about Mkhitaryan. :P They wrote it right under Zorc's statement. He would be a very good transfer for us, definitely.

I didn't post but I had it in mind like almost 1 week and 2 hours ago. :P (How do you like that now, MoFattal? :P)
Bild is keeping track of my thoughts. :evil:
Tomorrow's papers will have an exotic touch to them if they keep at it. :lol:

EDIT : Edited to inform MoFattal that rumor and confirmations are different things, even if both are only imaginations. :P
Last edited by AdepT on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:59 pm

HEY! I said Mkhitaryan 1 week ago :evil: Now give me that job vacancy in BILD.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Element » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Read today that Porto have rejected a 24 million euro offer from BVB to sign Jackson Martinez,and that the only way to get him would be paying the release clause of 40 million euros!!!
======
The last team who paid a 40 million release clause for a J.Martinez won the CL :wink:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Borusse » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Bild of course changed Zorc's words. Zorc said "we will present at least three new PLAYERS that are really good". Bild changed it to "stars". Typical. :D I hope it doesnt change much and those players will still be awesome. :P But if Zorc is saying specific numbers, that means we have agreed with them so its good.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Borusse wrote:Bild of course changed Zorc's words. Zorc said "we will present at least three new PLAYERS that are really good". Bild changed it to "stars". Typical. :D I hope it doesnt change much and those players will still be awesome. :P But if Zorc is saying specific numbers, that means we have agreed with them so its good.

In all fairness to Bild, that's the same phrasing he used prior to the Reus transfer and he was a star wasn't he? :wink:
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Commodore » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Bazi wrote:
Commodore wrote:Well, I never hated BVB. In fact I always kind of liked them. But in the recent past they have managed to REALLY piss me off with their embarrassing understatements all the time and victimizing themselves while villainizing us. Watzke is just a clown with his "no lunch" speech and all that.

That whole club started looking like a caricature with all this over the top "True Love" marketing. I mean, I think Bayern are overdoing the "Mia san Mia" a little bit, too. But #fairytale? Really? How small can you make yourself?

It's not that I disagree but consider what's currently happening at Dortmund.

It all began more or less harmless:

2011: The Dortmund youth product Nuri Sahin leaves for Real Madrid
2012: Shinji Kagawa leaves for Manchester United
2013: Mario Götze leaves for Bayern München
2014: Robert Lewandowski leaves for (probably) Bayern München; Ilkay Gündogan possibly leaves for Real Madrid
2014/15: Both Mats Hummels and Neven Subotic made nos secret out of their desire to play abroad in the future, both their contracts expire in 2016
2014/15: The contractual exit clause of Marco Reus activates wich allows him to leave for € 30-34m (date and transfer sum depending on which source you believe)

They are already in a fierce defensive battle for the existence of Borussia Dortmund at international top level as we know it. All the money in the world won't do them any good if this continues. Who knows how many times Jürgen Klopp can muster the energy to rebuild the squad from scratch once again?

Under those severe circumstances, especially when you take the pressure after the Götze transfer and the CL final into consideration, I'm willing to cut them some slack. Sometimes you say stupid things and open your mouth in-front of a camera when you shouldn't have.

Let me begin my reply with:

It's not that I disagree but consider what's just happened at at Dortmund. :D

They were factually at the very least a top-five side in the world (I'm talking football exclusively here, no administrative/financial stuff). One of the greatest football minds and tacticians of our time at the helm, sick, young players and a chemistry in the team and a willingness to give it their all in the big games, like, to be honest, was only shown by Bayern this year.

I just had to cringe every time Klopp went way over the top making themselves smaller than they were. It was embarrassing, and I do think that stuff like that does have an influence on the players, the team as a whole. Some players just want to be Goliath once in a while, instead of David all the time. But they couldn't even be Goliath against mid-table Bundesliga teams, because those, too, according to Klopp's interviews, were all but favourites over Dortmund week in week out. In many of these games you could already see the motivation of the players drop significantly. Defeated by Hamburg twice, by their arch rivals twice, drew Düsseldorf at home, etc.

Top it all off with an embarrassing, belittling #fairytale before the final, and after the final a sticker that looks like this:

Spoiler: show

(for the non-Germans. "Siegerlage" is a meshed word out of the German words "Sieg" (victory) and "Niederlage" (defeat). "Victefeat", if you will)

And you are in full blown "Meister der Herzen" territory.

I, as a fan of Borussia Dortmund, would puke.

And I, as a proponent of at least one strong rival in the Bundesliga (to make us stronger) am disgusted by such an attitude.

That they will not be on par with us financially within the year was obvious. No need to spell that out. But the last two years in the Bundesliga were no fluke (football wise at the very least, but business wise neither), yet all this club ever does is devaluing what they have achieved by making it look like it, indeed, was just a fluke, divine intervention, or alas: A fairytale.

I can't respect an attitude like that.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany