You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.
 

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

No doubt. Would be nice to make some damn transfers. :P We need AT LEAST 2 attacking midfielders, preferably De Bruyne, Eriksen and Bernard. A new striker is a must, no matter if Lewadowski goes or stays, we need a talented young fella. Aubameyang, Benteke, those names come to mind.

My dream transfer windows would be buying these five players - Eriksen, De Bruyne, Bernard, Benteke, Aubameyang. We would have lots of depth this way.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 1043 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Borusse wrote:No doubt. Would be nice to make some damn transfers. :P We need AT LEAST 2 attacking midfielders, preferably De Bruyne, Eriksen and Bernard. A new striker is a must, no matter if Lewadowski goes or stays, we need a talented young fella. Aubameyang, Benteke, those names come to mind.

My dream transfer windows would be buying these five players - Eriksen, De Bruyne, Bernard, Benteke, Aubameyang. We would have lots of depth this way.


I hope you dream transfer window includes selling Lewandowski to FC Bayern :wink:
Image
User avatar
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:04 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:09 pm

My dream transfer window includes selling Lewandowski to Chelsea and getting De Bruyne as part of the deal. :D
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 1043 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 pm

BVB need back up right and left backs, a top striker, a back up striker and two attacking midfielders. De Bruyne and Eriksen would be wonderful options. As for a striker, I think Dzeko would suit them. I also think they should promote a few youngsters.
Image
User avatar
AssemFCB
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Egypt
National Flag:
Egypt
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 612 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Sokratis can play at left back and right back, so can Grosskreutz. So we are kind of covered there. There is also young LB, Halstenberg from our reserves squad. We will also get Sobiech back from loan, he will be our fourth CB. You're right with the rest. But we dont have to buy a back-up striker because Lewandowski will be perfect for that role. :mrgreen: Benteke would be enough.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 1043 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Borusse wrote:Sokratis can play at left back and right back, so can Grosskreutz. So we are kind of covered there. There is also young LB, Halstenberg from our reserves squad. We will also get Sobiech back from loan, he will be our fourth CB. You're right with the rest. But we dont have to buy a back-up striker because Lewandowski will be perfect for that role. :mrgreen: Benteke would be enough.


There are no reliable Benteke rumors linking him to Dortmund, are there?

Most importantly his signature is sought after by a lot of EPL clubs and I don't think Dortmund can match their offers financially. The player would have to resist a lot of big money offers to make that move happen...I don't think a transfer is likely at all.

Sokratis never played as a LB according to transfermarket in his entire 2 year stay at Werder Bremen so it's doubtful that you're planning with him on both ends, especially with Piszczek being injured for at least 5 months. I'm pretty sure your team will try to sign another fullback because not doing so would mean that your squad depth doesn't increase and that was the goal of your FO. Edgar Prib would have been very interesting but he preferred actual playing time over the Dortmund bench.
Image
User avatar
Bazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 323 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Bazi wrote:
Borusse wrote:Sokratis can play at left back and right back, so can Grosskreutz. So we are kind of covered there. There is also young LB, Halstenberg from our reserves squad. We will also get Sobiech back from loan, he will be our fourth CB. You're right with the rest. But we dont have to buy a back-up striker because Lewandowski will be perfect for that role. :mrgreen: Benteke would be enough.


There are no reliable Benteke rumors linking him to Dortmund, are there?

Most importantly his signature is sought after by a lot of EPL clubs and I don't think Dortmund can match their offers financially. The player would have to resist a lot of big money offers to make that move happen...I don't think a transfer is likely at all.

Sokratis never played as a LB according to transfermarket in his entire 2 year stay at Werder Bremen so it's doubtful that you're planning with him on both ends, especially with Piszczek being injured for at least 5 months. I'm pretty sure your team will try to sign another fullback because not doing so would mean that your squad depth doesn't increase and that was the goal of your FO. Edgar Prib would have been very interesting but he preferred actual playing time over the Dortmund bench.


Our depth in attack must increase, defence wasnt the biggest problems. The biggest problem was playing Reus, Gotze, Kuba, Lewy and Gundo every 3 days.

Im not saying we will not sign a fullback, a fact we were close to getting Preib from Furth shows that we are searching for a back-up fullback. Just saying Sokratis can play on the right, and if he can play there, he should also handle the left side. Grosskreutz played on both flanks and did good job too.

Our management often buys players out of nowhere, there are no rumours and then BAM! we sign someone. There was only one info about Benteke, that Zorc was at Aston Villa 1:2 Chelsea game in May and was watching the Belgian. I know its unlikely, but as you might have noticed, I clearly said its my "dream" transfer window.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 1043 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Borusse wrote:Our depth in attack must increase, defence wasnt the biggest problems. The biggest problem was playing Reus, Gotze, Kuba, Lewy and Gundo every 3 days.


Sure depth must increase everywhere but I disagree about your understatement of the fullback issue.

Playing an injured Piszczek for almost 4 months was a major problem. He was clearly not performing up to his potential towards the end of the season. He made unusual defensive errors especially when tracking back, he lacked his famous vigor and offensive impact, he was clearly in pain at the end of each match and now he's out for much longer than necessary. Let's also keep in mind that Piszczek suffered a hip injury at Hertha BSC which was even career threatening.

On the other flank Marcel Schmelzer was suffering from poor form for quite a while, too. He was the biggest weak link in the Uefa CL final and a strong competitor for him is very much needed in my opinion. I think Rafael Schäfer would be a perfect fit for Borussia Dortmund but Wolfsburg players have crazy wages so that might be difficult.

The situation on the fullback positions was for my taste even worse because not only did the players lack opportunities to regenerate like the offensive trio but Piszczek even risked his health. That's unacceptable.


Borusse wrote:Im not saying we will not sign a fullback, a fact we were close to getting Preib from Furth shows that we are searching for a back-up fullback. Just saying Sokratis can play on the right, and if he can play there, he should also handle the left side. Grosskreutz played on both flanks and did good job too.


Obviously your club is searching for another fullback but I think you're underestimating the need of your club on the position. I'd say it's very high priority on the transfer agenda.

Again, Sokratis never played on the left side so you can't plan with him there, that's like saying Höwedes should be able to play LB because he can play RB. Sokratis is a decent passer with his weak foot but he can't cross with it, he can't control the ball in pace with it, most importantly he's vulnerable against wingers who penetrate down the line because he has to tackle with his weak foot...it's a completely different position. You need a very, very good weak foot to pull that off and Sokratis doesn't offer that quality.

Basically Sokratis is your Santana replacement with more versatility as a RB. That doesn't mean however that it solves your fullback problem. Großkreutz wasn't good enough to replace Piszczek for a longer period of time last season so what makes you think he's good enough next season? He can help there once in a while against teams like Fürth, Augsburg or Düsseldorf but he's no permanent solution which is why he only played there towards the end of the season when the CL qualification was already secured.


Borusse wrote:Our management often buys players out of nowhere, there are no rumours and then BAM! we sign someone. There was only one info about Benteke, that Zorc was at Aston Villa 1:2 Chelsea game in May and was watching the Belgian. I know its unlikely, but as you might have noticed, I clearly said its my "dream" transfer window.


Well I hope your management pulls something like that off again but I doubt it. With your new fame and reputation it's much more likely that transfer information will leak. When the CL runners-up is interested in a player, a club which became famous for developing top class players, then the price-tag increases automatically and as soon as the interest is out in the open other clubs start to interfere like Tottenham Hotspur does with Bernard. True to the motto: if Dortmund is interested then this player might be worth our attention, too. The same is certainly true for Kevin de Bruyne when Chelsea realized, well perhaps we should keep the player if Dortmund wants him so badly?

That's an entirely new situation for your club and the officials.
Image
User avatar
Bazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 323 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 pm

I thought BVB were going to sign Edin Dzeko, is this deal off :?:
Image
User avatar
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:04 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:33 pm

ballackfcb wrote:I thought BVB were going to sign Edin Dzeko, is this deal off :?:


Dzeko's wage is too huge for BVB but in case the Bosnian international would accept a pay-cut the deal might still go through. At least that's how I interpreted the interviews. I don't think that's going to happen though since Dzeko's side killed the transfer to Bayern in 2012 because they wanted another € 3m for the player agents.
Image
User avatar
Bazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 323 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Bazi wrote:
Borusse wrote:Our depth in attack must increase, defence wasnt the biggest problems. The biggest problem was playing Reus, Gotze, Kuba, Lewy and Gundo every 3 days.


Sure depth must increase everywhere but I disagree about your understatement of the fullback issue.

Playing an injured Piszczek for almost 4 months was a major problem. He was clearly not performing up to his potential towards the end of the season. He made unusual defensive errors especially when tracking back, he lacked his famous vigor and offensive impact, he was clearly in pain at the end of each match and now he's out for much longer than necessary. Let's also keep in mind that Piszczek suffered a hip injury at Hertha BSC which was even career threatening.

On the other flank Marcel Schmelzer was suffering from poor form for quite a while, too. He was the biggest weak link in the Uefa CL final and a strong competitor for him is very much needed in my opinion. I think Rafael Schäfer would be a perfect fit for Borussia Dortmund but Wolfsburg players have crazy wages so that might be difficult.

The situation on the fullback positions was for my taste even worse because not only did the players lack opportunities to regenerate like the offensive trio but Piszczek even risked his health. That's unacceptable.


Borusse wrote:Im not saying we will not sign a fullback, a fact we were close to getting Preib from Furth shows that we are searching for a back-up fullback. Just saying Sokratis can play on the right, and if he can play there, he should also handle the left side. Grosskreutz played on both flanks and did good job too.


Obviously your club is searching for another fullback but I think you're underestimating the need of your club on the position. I'd say it's very high priority on the transfer agenda.

Again, Sokratis never played on the left side so you can't plan with him there, that's like saying Höwedes should be able to play LB because he can play RB. Sokratis is a decent passer with his weak foot but he can't cross with it, he can't control the ball in pace with it, most importantly he's vulnerable against wingers who penetrate down the line because he has to tackle with his weak foot...it's a completely different position. You need a very, very good weak foot to pull that off and Sokratis doesn't offer that quality.

Basically Sokratis is your Santana replacement with more versatility as a RB. That doesn't mean however that it solves your fullback problem. Großkreutz wasn't good enough to replace Piszczek for a longer period of time last season so what makes you think he's good enough next season? He can help there once in a while against teams like Fürth, Augsburg or Düsseldorf but he's no permanent solution which is why he only played there towards the end of the season when the CL qualification was already secured.


Borusse wrote:Our management often buys players out of nowhere, there are no rumours and then BAM! we sign someone. There was only one info about Benteke, that Zorc was at Aston Villa 1:2 Chelsea game in May and was watching the Belgian. I know its unlikely, but as you might have noticed, I clearly said its my "dream" transfer window.


Well I hope your management pulls something like that off again but I doubt it. With your new fame and reputation it's much more likely that transfer information will leak. When the CL runners-up is interested in a player, a club which became famous for developing top class players, then the price-tag increases automatically and as soon as the interest is out in the open other clubs start to interfere like Tottenham Hotspur does with Bernard. True to the motto: if Dortmund is interested then this player might be worth our attention, too. The same is certainly true for Kevin de Bruyne when Chelsea realized, well perhaps we should keep the player if Dortmund wants him so badly?

That's an entirely new situation for your club and the officials.


That's one big-ass post. :mrgreen:

I may be underestimating the problem because I think we will do fine in the first part of the season without Piszczek. He will be back in training in November. Of course that doesnt mean he will play in November, I belive he will be ready to be a valuable part of the team again after the winter break. I think that with Sokratis and Schmelzer we will be able to play the first part of the season without bigger problems. Schmelzer was starting to play badly because he was overused, thats true.

You're right with Sokratis not being a good option for LB though, I can agree on that. But Grosskreutz is a different matter because he did well there.

I may be underestimating the fullback problem but you are clearly underestimating Grosskreutz and his abilites on fullback position. Although his attacking skills are pretty low, his defending skills are really good. Everytime I saw him play on left or right back he was soooo solid and confident. With his experience as an attacking player he might become another Piszczek - a forward who evolved into a fullback. But Grosskreutz has an advantage of age and the fact he already knows much about defending. Piszczek had to learn to defend in Dortmund all over again when he first came here.

So to conclude - we will have three very solid players on two positions. Sokratis and Schmelzer very rarely get any injuries, same goes for Grosskreutz. Im sure we will do just fine in the first part of the season. Piszczek will comeback and make the rivarly even stronger and everything should be fine.

You're talking a lot of sense in your posts, I like that. I consider myself knowledgeable and rarely change my mind but you made me rethink my statements. Chapeau bas.

Image

ballackfcb wrote:I thought BVB were going to sign Edin Dzeko, is this deal off :?:


It went silent. Maybe he is still our target, I dont know. I think that after Mancini got sacked, Dzeko decided to stay and try to win a place in the starting line-up with the new coach.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 1043 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby JJJ » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Lewandowski's back-up Soldado. Anyone?
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

Image
User avatar
JJJ
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 344 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 pm

JJJ wrote:Lewandowski's back-up Soldado. Anyone?


Soldado would be a great fit for BvB
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13053
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4035 times
Been thanked: 2432 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Wow Borusse your scaring away the talent :P

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4048773
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13053
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4035 times
Been thanked: 2432 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:52 pm

I didnt want Son here anyway, if De Bruyne or Eriksen say something like that, let me know. :P

I like how he assumes there will be rotation at Dortmund. :D So far we have bought exactly zero attacking players. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 1043 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests