You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.
 

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Chalant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Element wrote:Andreas Weimann

Weimann is a striker with good potential, and he gets better with every game. Would be a good backup addition.
Emre CAN do it.
User avatar
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:44 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
Anonymous
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, if they show some real interest, I think he might just do that.


You may believe that, I dont.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 1083 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Well, I hope so. I would like this rivalry to be a permanent thing, and hence would prefer BVB keeps all their current top players and even go for world-class ones in the transfer market from now.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10940
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2372 times
Been thanked: 2263 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, I hope so. I would like this rivalry to be a permanent thing, and hence would prefer BVB keeps all their current top players and even go for world-class ones in the transfer market from now.


Id hate for guys like Gotze and Reus to move to the EPL or La Liga so there fan boys can tout how great there league is....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4628 times
Been thanked: 2948 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby mahoni » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Borusse wrote: That is the only option because our management doesnt care about money Barcelona can offer.


You are not really bealieving that?
Maybe you remember Klopp saying after losing to Bayern some weeks ago that it seems that in "Football-world" everthing turns around money ... "they just buy new players ... ect". Some days after Watzke said in german tele that Dortmund will invest "intesvely" this summer.
What do think- everywhere money is the most important thing in professional football just in the fairy tale world of Lüdenscheid it is not? C´mon

I´m sure if Barca is offering big big money (and they will if they are really interestet) then they will speak about in the club.
On the other hand I would prefer him to stay - it´s important for BL not just for Lüdenscheid that they keep the squad together.
User avatar
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: Dolomites
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 pm

mahoni wrote:
Borusse wrote: That is the only option because our management doesnt care about money Barcelona can offer.


You are not really bealieving that?
Maybe you remember Klopp saying after losing to Bayern some weeks ago that it seems that in "Football-world" everthing turns around money ... "they just buy new players ... ect". Some days after Watzke said in german tele that Dortmund will invest "intesvely" this summer.
What do think- everywhere money is the most important thing in professional football just in the fairy tale world of Lüdenscheid it is not? C´mon

I´m sure if Barca is offering big big money (and they will if they are really interestet) then they will speak about in the club.
On the other hand I would prefer him to stay - it´s important for BL not just for Lüdenscheid that they keep the squad together.


It is not a question of believing. Its simple as that - we want to become big (or rather stay big) so we won't start drooling when "Great Barca" comes knocking and offer us, lets say 50 million euros for Hummels. Dortmund still wouldnt accept. I assure you. Only if Hummels would wanna leave he will be sold, ONLY then.

It is not a question of money here, really. We are doing great financially nowadays. We are not some minor club anymore and we have ambitions.
Its been what, two years now since we've started to be successful again? Who did we sell? People were saying we will sell all our important players, wont be able to keep them and look - only first-team players who left were Kagawa (one year till the end of his contract, had to go), Sahin (clause of 10 million, couldnt keep him). We have long term contracts with all our players except Lewandowski - so he will leave, rest will stay.

There is still a little question mark over Gotze because he supposedly has 37 million clause. So if someone offers that and Gotze decides to leave, we wont be able to do anything about it.

That really completes the subject.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 1083 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 am

Its not easy becoming a big club in European football and its nearly impossible staying as a big club. In the past Benfica, Leeds United, Valencia, Aston Villa, Hamburg and even Deportiva La Coruña were European contenders but now some of them arent even in division 1 football. I cant say what lies in the future for Dortmund since im not a physic but i can tell you even Dortmund had there time to shine in the late 90s and are now trying to work there way back to European prominence after years of mediocrity whether they can establish themselves as a big club like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, AC Milan and hell even Bayern Munich who have been able to be European/World powerhouses for centuries :D only time will tell, but history says there bound for mediocrity.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4628 times
Been thanked: 2948 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:28 am

We would be a big club between 2003 - 2010 if it weren't for our stupid management who almost made us go into bankruptcy. That would mean staying big through over 15 years! That's gotta count for something.

We have the biggest chances out of all the teams you named, you know why? Because we have a base to work on. One of the best stadiums in Europe + always full. Great fanbase. We also have a positive popularity, sponsors want to sign contracts with us...
And MOST IMPORTANTLY - We are constantly breaking records of revenue! We are doing very well financially and as someone said - it all turns around money. If we have it, we will be able to stay in the business. We learned from our mistakes. We will NEVER go into debt again, never, not with those people in charge. We have everything to stay big, absolutely everything. I know it sounds optimistc but thats the situation imo, I have every reason to be optimistc. :)

I can see Dortmund failing to stay big only when our management starts acting like we are a mediocore team (sell best players etc). As long as keep working as we did since Klopp arrived - we will be good. Only our bad decisions can lead us to failure. That sounded a little bit poetic. :D
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 1083 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 am

LOL if people learned from there mistakes then the world would be very different from what we know it. Im not talking as a Bayern fan im just stating what i observe. In my opinion clubs like Benfica and Porto(especially Porto with there Estadio de Drago)are in the same position but yet they are always stuck at second tier club level. The fact that those two clubs produce world class players and are forced to sell them means its much easier said than done. Because with your logic they should be powerhouses since those tow clubs have a very good base under them to in my opinion. Like i said before time will tell and it would be great if Dortmund are able to stabilize and sit on the throne as kings of Europe with the likes if Bayern Munich and etc which i wouldn't mind as it will improve the Bundesliga and increase the number of top players that would want to play there. But at the moment we will have to w8 another 5-10 years and after that we should be able to tell if Dortmund are contenders or like many other clubs to only get a sample of European dominance, cause Dortmund aren't the first club and only club to desire European pedigree only to falter after some time. As a football fan i understand your optimism for your club but as a Bayern fan all i can say is "good luck" ;) (sarcasm)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4628 times
Been thanked: 2948 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Porto(especially Porto with there Estadio de Drago)are in the same position but yet they are always stuck at second tier club level. The fact that those two clubs produce world class players and are forced to sell them means its much easier said than done. Because with your logic they should be powerhouses since those tow clubs have a very good base under them to in my opinion


Man, I named many other factors that come into play and you just mentioned fanbase. Look at one of the most important things - Porto is a portugese team, every player with big ambitions wants to play in Italy/Spain/Germany or England, I think its something obvious... That is Porto's biggest problem, because they kind of lose the battle even before it starts... They still manage to participate in the knock-out stages regularly.

If all you can say is sarcastic "good luck" after all the CONCRETE arguments I gave you then what is the points of even having this conversation? You acting like: "Meh, Ill ignore this and that, say something about the fanbase because I have a comeback for it". That is not the way to have a discussion man. :| My optimism is based on facts that I named in my previous post...

I think we have necessary tools to become big long-term and its up to us. Either we screw it up or manage to build something that will last for years.

Let me name you them quickly one more time:
- Kick-ass stadium
- Strong fanbase
- Placement - Germany, we all hope soon to be the strongest league in Europe, now its TOP3.
- Money - we break records of revenue year by year, we would have to stop playing CL for the next 2-3 years to have financial problems at this stage. I think we will be able to qualify for CL every year though.
- Native players! - very important one, we are building a team around german players and germans like to stay in their league on the most part. Keeping up with traditions is important.
- Smart people in charge.
- Great coach - he promises to stay until 2016 at least - with him in charge of the team I dont worry about results.
- Financial Fair-Play - some clubs will have problems with this, we won't. As a matter of fact, I think no Bundesliga team will have problems with it.

Thanks for reading, I hope you are up to more concrete dicsussions in the future. I put it all out here.

PS. Could you make your longer posts a little more reading-friendly? You know, seperate some parts of the text etc. I'd appreciate it. :P
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 1083 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 am

Borusse wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Porto(especially Porto with there Estadio de Drago)are in the same position but yet they are always stuck at second tier club level. The fact that those two clubs produce world class players and are forced to sell them means its much easier said than done. Because with your logic they should be powerhouses since those tow clubs have a very good base under them to in my opinion


Man, I named many other factors that come into play and you just mentioned fanbase. Look at one of the most important things - Porto is a portugese team, every player with big ambitions wants to play in Italy/Spain/Germany or England, I think its something obvious... That is Porto's biggest problem, because they kind of lose the battle even before it starts... They still manage to participate in the knock-out stages regularly.

If all you can say is sarcastic "good luck" after all the CONCRETE arguments I gave you then what is the points of even having this conversation? You acting like: "Meh, Ill ignore this and that, say something about the fanbase because I have a comeback for it". That is not the way to have a discussion man. :| My optimism is based on facts that I named in my previous post...

I think we have necessary tools to become big long-term and its up to us. Either we screw it up or manage to build something that will last for years.

Let me name you them quickly one more time:
- Kick-ass stadium
- Strong fanbase
- Placement - Germany, we all hope soon to be the strongest league in Europe, now its TOP3.
- Money - we break records of revenue year by year, we would have to stop playing CL for the next 2-3 years to have financial problems at this stage. I think we will be able to qualify for CL every year though.
- Native players! - very important one, we are building a team around german players and germans like to stay in their league on the most part. Keeping up with traditions is important.
- Smart people in charge.
- Great coach - he promises to stay until 2016 at least - with him in charge of the team I dont worry about results.
- Financial Fair-Play - some clubs will have problems with this, we won't. As a matter of fact, I think no Bundesliga team will have problems with it.

Thanks for reading, I hope you are up to more concrete dicsussions in the future. I put it all out here.

PS. Could you make your longer posts a little more reading-friendly? You know, seperate some parts of the text etc. I'd appreciate it. :P


I only base my opinion from history and looking back I have seen clubs who reach a high point only to crash some years later and many clubs have never been able to avoid that inevitable end. Im sorry if that's not concrete enough for you but its the best I can do since i only turned 18 recently so my football knowledge isnt as vast as many others.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4628 times
Been thanked: 2948 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 am

Borusse wrote:Only way for Barcelona to have a chance of geeting him is Mats coming to Zorc or Klopp and saying to their face: I want to leave. That is the only option because our management doesnt care about money Barcelona can offer. We are trying to build something here.

However I read that Hummels has a release clause of around 38 million euros that's active up to 31st March. Of course, Mats would still need to want to leave, but not many players say no to Barcelona.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30542
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5300 times
Been thanked: 7928 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 am

Firefox1234 wrote:In my opinion clubs like Benfica and Porto(especially Porto with there Estadio de Drago)are in the same position

I disagree. What have any of them done apart from doing well in the EL? Whenever any of them do well in the CL their best players are poached. Doing well in the CL is much better for the club than the EL. Maybe the same will happen to Dortmund this summer, but they are a level above the teams you mentioned. With a little luck they might just win the whole thing.

Dortmund have had the attention of people for a while now. For the past 2 years they humiliated a team which reached 2 CL finals in 3 years time and again. For Bayern that is happily a thing of the past now and we are having possibly the best season by any German team in history, but Dortmund have impressed in other ways. They are unbeaten in Europe, despite not having played a single easy game.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30526
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8521 times
Been thanked: 7149 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 am

MUTU wrote:
Borusse wrote:Only way for Barcelona to have a chance of geeting him is Mats coming to Zorc or Klopp and saying to their face: I want to leave. That is the only option because our management doesnt care about money Barcelona can offer. We are trying to build something here.

However I read that Hummels has a release clause of around 38 million euros that's active up to 31st March. Of course, Mats would still need to want to leave, but not many players say no to Barcelona.


I read that too but I think the media mixed up the names. It is Gotze who has 38 million euros clause that's active up to 31st March. One or two months ago there was a news informing us about it. And Im also not sure if its true.

Firefox - history is like statistics. In the season 10/11 we won at Allianz Arena 3-1 but before the game the most important statistic was that last time we won at AA was in 1991. And yet it didnt make much difference.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 1083 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby quaazi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Borusse wrote: but before the game the most important statistic was that last time we won at AA was in 1991.

That's a pretty intriguing stat indeed considering the Allianz Arena didn't even exist back then!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest