You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bomb blast reported by BvB bus, Bartra injured

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Bomb blast reported by BvB bus, Bartra injured

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Well, there's always room for a little conspiracy

This is actually one of the cases that makes me think it's too weird for someone to actually invent this
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 pm

do you guys thing that this is serious stuff ? I am not swallowing it.... I am 99,9% sure that the authorities are hiding something , for a change!
And I shall attach to this argument what happened yest in Paris... God Bless it is always the same ... the guy who killed the Police was identified thanks to his documents in his car .. bla bla bla and also that he was already known to the police bla bla bla
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Oh, surprise!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 pm

I didn't have the time to read up too many articles, as I was on the road almost all day... so maybe I'm just missing some important things, and someone can clear it up for me.

Some reports brought this up already. The Northrhine Westphalia minister said the suspect got a consumer credit of 79,000 EUR. According to Spiegel the man is a 28 year old electrician who works in a heating plant in Tübingen. What kind of bank grants a 28 year old electrician a 79,000 EUR consumer credit? A consumer credit, not a real estate mortgage or a business loan. Even with a zero interest rate, if he pays back 500 EUR a month (which looks to me like a substantial sum for a 28 year old electrician) the payback period is 13 years. And we're in Germany, banks tend to be a bit on the conservative side here.

Then, according to Wirtschaftswoche (linked above) he only placed options for 8,000 EUR (what did he do with the rest of the money?). They calculate a maximum profit of less than 3,000 EUR if the BVB stock drops by 4 percent, given their observations of the financial market at the date in question. Who's going through that kind of trouble for 3,000 EUR? The hotel stay in Dortmund would have cost 1,000 EUR alone. Even if the stock thoroughly crashes and drops by 40 percent, we're talking about less than 30,000 EUR, unless I'm missing something?

Couple of questions about the MO, too. Until yesterday, it was reported that the bombs detonated 1 second "too late" to cause more serious trouble. Now reports are he placed one of the bombs a meter too high. He seems to be quite smart and utterly stupid at the same time. He knows enough about financial markets to place leveraged put-options (not common knowledge for an electrician) and he's capable of putting together expertly built bombs. But he orders the options on the internet using the hotel network, and apparently hasn't bothered to hide the IP. Details about the booking (four days around each quarterfinal date, request that the room has to have a window towards the streetside, and why did he book a room in the team hotel to begin with?) make him look very clumsy. On top of it, in the middle of the post-attack chaos, he draws attention by calmly enjoying a massage and ordering a steak. We have conflicting reports whether he said something when he was arrested or not... Just some things that immediately stood out when I read a few reports; but as I said, I really didn't have much time and maybe I just missed the answers.
Last edited by RedQueen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm

#12 wrote:Oh, surprise!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 pm

The way I understood it he got the credit from multiple institutions - at least that's what the Bundesanwaltschaft announced publicy...

I have no idea about that whole steak episode, but he needed that room and the street view because the explosives were detonated through a remote detonator...
The options- no idea, I knew this was possible ever since 9/11...
As for his expert knowledge on bombs, apparently building a detonator is not a problem for an electrician (no idea?) and they're still investigating about partners...
This is overall not enough for me to yell "conspiracy " - but I think since he's Russian the whole "foreign intelligence" is probably not off the table...

Either way, neither IS MO, nor did they claim it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Why does he have to be in the hotel room to detonate these bombs? Any place outside would be possible, too. Using the hotel network for the financial transactions sounds beyond stupid.

79,000 EUR from different institutions? I'm not familiar with Schufa in detail, but AFAIK such transactions are registered there. That consumer credit is the most puzzling part of the reports for me.

There's no need to cry "conspiracy theorist!" the minute someone takes a closer look at what is reported. I didn't mention anything about a conspiracy.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 am

Neither did I say you were... Just given the history this case unrolled here on the forum - and elsewhere - I felt obliged to point it out

I honestly cannot answer your questions though since I did not read up enough of/on it...

No idea what he makes but I recently had an appointment with my financial consultant - and I'd most likely get it... I myself am more puzzled how he got hold of military explosive equipment...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:11 am

RedQueen wrote: He seems to be quite smart and utterly stupid at the same time. He knows enough about financial markets to place leveraged put-options (not common knowledge for an electrician) and he's capable of putting together expertly built bombs. But he orders the options on the internet using the hotel network, and apparently hasn't bothered to hide the IP. Details about the booking (four days around each quarterfinal date, request that the room has to have a window towards the streetside, and why did he book a room in the team hotel to begin with?) make him look very clumsy. On top of it, in the middle of the post-attack chaos, he draws attention by calmly enjoying a massage and ordering a steak. We have conflicting reports whether he said something when he was arrested or not... Just some things that immediately stood out when I read a few reports; but as I said, I really didn't have much time and maybe I just missed the answers.

This is what I find so strange. It's perhaps not the best plan in the world (as you said, it seems like the maximum potential for profit is not terribly high), but appears at least well-thought out and seems to make sense on paper. Stock drops, cash out, profit, okay. It's certainly not a common get-rich scheme, as best I can tell....
That being said, for all the planning and whatnot....How could he possibly think he wouldn't get caught? Red flags all over. Like you said, he seems smart but apparently looked right over a number of common-sense issues.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:24 pm

@RedQueen: if you're still interested/haven't read it yet: Bildblog is dealing with contradictions in media coverage about the attack...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Thanks for that link. Not that it makes the whole thing more plausible... rather the contrary.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, at least that the loan was probably only half of what was known at first and that the one-second-too-late-theory was BLÖD's doing...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Guy is denying all charges according to Spiegel...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:07 pm

#12 wrote:Guy is denying all charges according to Spiegel...

This whole situation is very bizarre, to say the least, but I wouldn't put too much weight behind this fact... anyone accused of wrongdoing will plead their innocence :wink:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany