You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2. Bundesliga

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: 2. Bundesliga

Postby Jorge » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I really dislike them..

Not to mention the type of goalkeepers that they produced: Weidenfeller and Tim Wiese both came from Kaiserslautern's youth system.

Wiese makes his living these days as a pro-wrestler ( I heard that he lives in Orlando) and Weidenfeller is Weidenfeller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Hello MUTU
https://www.der-betze-brennt.de/news/32 ... sperrt.php

He was banned for three games ...
He was caught on camera as neither the ref nor the assistant saw him.

Buffu u kummidjant li hu...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 pm

I want Düsseldorf and Union Berlin to come up and Freiburg and Augsburg to go down.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:18 pm

America USA wrote:I want Düsseldorf and Union Berlin to come up and Freiburg and Augsburg to go down.
Why Freiburg?
I want HSV above all... and won't say no to Bremen either

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:23 pm

As long as those Franconian bastards don't come back up I don't mind.

And I like Freiburg too for a few reasons. I think they're a well run club, Streich is a good coach for a club like them and is a lifelong fan of the club. And I like the city and the area.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:53 pm

My team in 2.Liga is doing horribly bad

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:My team in 2.Liga is doing horribly bad

You support Dynamo Dresden, right? Although they haven't had the best season, there is no shame in losing 3-0 away to Holstein Kiel. Holstein are really good, like "would get into Europe if they were in the Bundesliga" good.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Manchu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Well, time to grab all of Kiel's best players over the winter break before they get into the Bundesliga and have their values explode. Not that the club will easily part with them at a time like that but it would still be a good deal since their squad has a goalimpact similar to Schalke, Leverkusen, and RB Leipzig while having a cumulative tranfermarkt value of 10.93 million euros(Schalke's squad has a value of 167.3 million euros, Leverkusen's squad has a value of 219.9 million euros, and Leipzig's squad has a value of 256.58 million euros).
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 am

Can't tell if you're being ironic. Although tbf with the state of the BL at the moment they probably would get into Europe.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Manchu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Lukas wrote:Can't tell if you're being ironic. Although tbf with the state of the BL at the moment they probably would get into Europe.

Well, it is a fact that Goalimpact rates them(based on a weighted average of their players with more weight toward their best players) as almost as good as a team as Leverkusen in terms of player quality.
I like goalimpact a lot but it's not necessarily a perfect evaluation of player quality, especially between leagues (although it's better than the alternatives), so it might be off a bit(and, of course, you are free to reject its value). It also doesn't take into account coach quality, which can have a significant effect, but that's another story.

However, even if it is off, it might be off by underrating rather than overrating Kiel's players. At the start of the 2016/17 season, it thought that the newly promoted Leipzig would probably finish about 10th, while we all know how well they actually did.

I'm not sure have Kiel will do if they do get promoted, especially since some of their important players are on loan from other clubs, but judging from results it does seem they have gathered together a really good set of players for the 2.Bundesliga and gotten them to play well together.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:09 am

America USA wrote:I want Düsseldorf and Union Berlin to come up and Freiburg and Augsburg to go down.

Union Berlin definitely needs a ride for at least one season to the BL. One of the "cult clubs" in Germany and it is currently run by the fans. So many unique things about them, from a large Christmas Party to turning their ground to a cozy place for the World Cups when they let anyone bring a sofa to watch the games on the LCD screen. BTW, Toni Kroos's brother (Felix) is currently the captain of Union.

Here a few pictures of the World Cup Living Room:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:13 am

Two more pictures
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:49 am

Manchu wrote:Well, it is a fact that Goalimpact rates them(based on a weighted average of their players with more weight toward their best players) as almost as good as a team as Leverkusen in terms of player quality.

I think there should be 1 or 2 players that pulled up Kiel's overall GI.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:38 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
Manchu wrote:Well, it is a fact that Goalimpact rates them(based on a weighted average of their players with more weight toward their best players) as almost as good as a team as Leverkusen in terms of player quality.

I think there should be 1 or 2 players that pulled up Kiel's overall GI.

Well, that's almost certainly true, but it's also true for everyone else, including ourselves(without Neuer+Muller we lose like 10 goalimpact points), Leverkusen, Dortmund, RB Leipzig, etc. Moreover, as far as I understand it the average is weighted toward the best 11 players(with a keeper obviously being automatically included), not to the two or three best players, because it's supposed to represent a typical starting 11. All of this leaves me with the conclusion that it would not be surprising if Kiel get into Europe if they get promoted, and, although I highly doubt they will get into the Champions League with Leipzig, Leverkusen, Schalke, and Gladbach competing for two spots, it would not be as shocking for me as it would be for most people. After all, goalimpact noted that the newly promoted Kiel were the best team in the 2.Bundesliga instead of relegation fodder at the start of this season, and so far it has been absolutely correct.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Football in Germany