You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Your First Bayern game

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Your First Bayern game

Postby ttoad92 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 am

Hi guys, I'm going to be going to the Man City game which will be my first ever Bayern game! :)

So I thought it would be fun to find out about the first FCB game that you attended? and secondly what your experiences were like. Alternatively if you have never been lucky enough to go to a game in person what was the first bayern game you saw on TV?
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Your First Bayern game

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 am

Sadly I am one of those people who have never seen Bayern live and I don't think I will have that feeling of a true fan till I do but the first Bayern game I watched was the 6-3 game vs Stuttgart. I had never seen such an exciting game and I think Gomez also scored a hat trick :)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:46 am

Against Hansa Rostock.. it was in the Olympiastadion, they won 4-1.. Could be 98/99.. not sure..
Ottomeister13

Postby bayern1982 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:54 am

2014 MLS All-Star game in Portland.
bayern1982
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TexasFCB » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:56 am

I'm probably going to my first game in the spring.
TexasFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:00 am

I've been to two, both Champions League. The first was on September 19, 2012 vs. Valenica. Bayern won 2-1 with goals from Schweinsteiger and Kroos, and this was the first win in the CL for the eventual winners ;) My second game was vs. Arsenal on March 13, 2013. Bayern lost this game 2-0, but still moved on to the next round due to goal differential. Can't wait to go back to München and see some more games 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Evandro » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:26 am

FCB 5x0 Hannover 96 (2012) my honeymoon.
One goal by Dante
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 am

Mine was almost 4 years ago... 14.11.10 @ the allianz the derby vs 1.FCN. We won 3-0 Gomez scored a brace and missed a penalty and the 3rd was scored by Lahm from another pen. Our line up was lightyears away from the present one ... Ribery made his comeback on this day. If I remember well he even made an assist. We played like this
then at the re-start Breno replaced demichelis, Muller came in for Altintop and finally Ribery made his comeback replacing Kroos...
He made an amazing move exactly in front of where we were sitting...

That was amazimg. I really would like to go again but it won't be easy to go back very soon.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 am

Still waiting for my first ever live game (hopefully *soon tm*).

But a first ever Bayern game was in 2002-2003 season - a delayed telecast (a live broadcast didn't exist at the time for us) of Bayern vs Hamburg at like 4 am local time. The Titan wore a baseball cap on that match and ran over the ads "barricade" thing. The scoreline was 3-0 or 3-1 if I recall correctly.

Seems like an eternity now.

Also, jealous of you who are going to see a live match. Enjoy and hoping for a Bayern victory :wink:
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:53 am

My only live game was a friendly in Malta on 12th January 2001, midway through the season which saw Bayern win the UEFA Champions League. The match finished 3-1 to Bayern.

Friendly Match Malta XI vs Bayern Munchen 1-3

Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich defeated the Maltese national team, under the name of Malta XI, 3-1 in a friendly match at Ta' Qali. The game was a one-way affair with the Maltese side having just one shot at goal during the whole 90 minutes. The Maltese selection held well in the early stages but two goals from set-pieces late in the first half gave Bayern a two-goal lead. In the 39th, off a freekick by Mehmet Scholl from the right, Jens Jeremies headed home and in injury time, off another freekick by Scholl from the left, Giovane Elber beat Muscat with a header. In the 75th, Darren Debono committed an own goal when he headed the ball onto the bar with the ball bouncing beyond the goal-line to put Bayern 3-0 ahead. Two minutes from time, the Malta XI reduced the gap when a freekick by David Carabott was blocked by the German defence and off the rebound, Nenad Veselji hit low past Kahn.
Malta XI Mario Muscat, Brian Said, David Carabott, Michael Spiteri (86' Ifeanyi Okonkwo), Darren Debono, Luke Dimech, Carmel Busuttil (46' George Mallia), Gilbert Agius (84' Nenad Veselji), Dybrill Sylla (61' Daniel Theuma), David Camilleri (69' Jonathan Holland), Antoine Zahra (76' William Camenzuli).
Bayern Oliver Kahn, Willy Sagnol, Bixente Lizarazu (46' Patrik Andersson), Samuel Kuffour (46' Paulo Sergio), Thomas Linke, Mehmet Scholl (46' Michael Tarnat), Ciriaco Sforza (75' Alou Diarra), Jens Jeremies, Stefan Effenberg, Giovane Elber, Alexander Zickler (46' Carsten Jancker).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:22 am

MUTU wrote:My only live game was a friendly in Malta on 12th January 2001, midway through the season which saw Bayern win the UEFA Champions League. The match finished 3-1 to Bayern.

Friendly Match Malta XI vs Bayern Munchen 1-3

Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich defeated the Maltese national team, under the name of Malta XI, 3-1 in a friendly match at Ta' Qali. The game was a one-way affair with the Maltese side having just one shot at goal during the whole 90 minutes. The Maltese selection held well in the early stages but two goals from set-pieces late in the first half gave Bayern a two-goal lead. In the 39th, off a freekick by Mehmet Scholl from the right, Jens Jeremies headed home and in injury time, off another freekick by Scholl from the left, Giovane Elber beat Muscat with a header. In the 75th, Darren Debono committed an own goal when he headed the ball onto the bar with the ball bouncing beyond the goal-line to put Bayern 3-0 ahead. Two minutes from time, the Malta XI reduced the gap when a freekick by David Carabott was blocked by the German defence and off the rebound, Nenad Veselji hit low past Kahn.
Malta XI Mario Muscat, Brian Said, David Carabott, Michael Spiteri (86' Ifeanyi Okonkwo), Darren Debono, Luke Dimech, Carmel Busuttil (46' George Mallia), Gilbert Agius (84' Nenad Veselji), Dybrill Sylla (61' Daniel Theuma), David Camilleri (69' Jonathan Holland), Antoine Zahra (76' William Camenzuli).
Bayern Oliver Kahn, Willy Sagnol, Bixente Lizarazu (46' Patrik Andersson), Samuel Kuffour (46' Paulo Sergio), Thomas Linke, Mehmet Scholl (46' Michael Tarnat), Ciriaco Sforza (75' Alou Diarra), Jens Jeremies, Stefan Effenberg, Giovane Elber, Alexander Zickler (46' Carsten Jancker).

yes I've forgot about this one :oops:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ttoad92 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:13 pm

The first Bayern game i remember watching was the 1999 CL Final although i was only 7/8 at the time so i don't really recall the whole game only bits and pieces (which now looking back it's a good thing i don't remember it all perhaps just the first 88 minutes ;)). The first game i watched on TV as a Bayern fan was the 1st Leg of the 2011-12 CL Round of 16 match against Basel which we lost 1-0 but we went on to beat them 7-0 in the 2nd Leg so all was good! It's great to see so many fans that are passionate about Bayern despite the fact many of us have only ever seen 1 or 2 games or none at all in person. It shows what a special bunch of fans we all are!! :)
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:11 pm

For me all began in Euro '96, at that time I started supporting Germany and then along came Bayern. I have yet to attend a game, unfortunately. At that time my country didn't broadcast BuLi, occasionally I would see them play in the CL, but that didn't stop me from being their fan. I had to be happy with just some articles(partial infos, that I used to cut and save like a typical psycho) I could read in newspapers or just to keep track with results through teletext. :lol:
Serie A was broadcasted here at the time, and followed Oliver Bierhoff(my idol), when he played for Udinese and AC Milan. He was like the only German I could follow, so he became my obsession, it went that far that people started calling me Bierhoff in school. :problem: I wanted to see him play for Bayern one day, but that never happened. :(
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:28 pm

JANCKER wrote:For me all began in Euro '96, at that time I started supporting Germany and then along came Bayern. I have yet to attend a game, unfortunately. At that time my country didn't broadcast BuLi, occasionally I would see them play in the CL, but that didn't stop me from being their fan. I had to be happy with just some articles(partial infos, that I used to cut and save like a typical psycho) I could read in newspapers or just to keep track with results through teletext. :lol:
Serie A was broadcasted here at the time, and followed Oliver Bierhoff(my idol), when he played for Udinese and AC Milan. He was like the only German I could follow, so he became my obsession, it went that far that people started calling me Bierhoff in school. :problem: I wanted to see him play for Bayern one day, but that never happened. :(

Almost the same story with me:o
Here in Malta epl and serie a were aired... I used to follow the results on txt and newspapers keeping cuttings too:o
However occasionally either an ita station or else our own used to air a game from the champs league(esp at the latter stages)
For me it all started with the nat.team. I recall ita90 but my true passion started in usa94. Bayern came like a year or two later. I started watching buli matches in season 2005/06 at home or at our fan club in Malta.
Similar isn't it?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:58 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:For me all began in Euro '96, at that time I started supporting Germany and then along came Bayern. I have yet to attend a game, unfortunately. At that time my country didn't broadcast BuLi, occasionally I would see them play in the CL, but that didn't stop me from being their fan. I had to be happy with just some articles(partial infos, that I used to cut and save like a typical psycho) I could read in newspapers or just to keep track with results through teletext. :lol:

Almost the same story with me:o
Here in Malta epl and serie a were aired... I used to follow the results on txt and newspapers keeping cuttings too:o
However occasionally either an ita station or else our own used to air a game from the champs league(esp at the latter stages)
For me it all started with the nat.team. I recall ita90 but my true passion started in usa94. Bayern came like a year or two later. I started watching buli matches in season 2005/06 at home or at our fan club in Malta.
Similar isn't it?

Hahaha very similiar, indeed... I recall some moments from Ita '90(Schillaci, Gianinni) and USA '94(Baggio) too, but I wasn't into it yet. :lol:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Return to General Bayern Discussion