You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Why do we suck in the 1st half?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Why do we suck in the 1st half?

Postby raz25 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:28 pm

I thought it would be interesting to discuss this. Why is it like that, what should we do about it, anything. As we all know, we ALWAYS suck in the first half.
I personally have no idea. Lately, I feel like our players intentionally play like crap, because everybody expects them to look like 5th division team (the fans, the coach) with very few exceptions (magic night in Turin).
Also I don't remember apart from today's game with Frankfurt (But was the man!) when did we finish the 1st half even with just a goal advantage. I think it was one match against Mainz (we lost though) and that's it.

What are your views?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Why do we suck in the 1st half?

Postby Element » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:21 pm

good thread

but vs frankfurt , we sucked in both
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 pm

My view on that...

All teams [exception was Werder and Wolfsburg at the start of the season] even Fiorentina, Bordeaux, Juventus and all other BL clubs are keeping it tight on their end of the field and are going for counter attacks...we are playing possession football and cant really unlock that lock when they all have energy in first half and are running and closing space and giving 110%.
We were favorites in all those games and they tend to park the bus in front of their goal and look for counter attacks because they know our defense [DVB,Badstuber,Demichelis, Schweini, MVB] are slow...and few of them are clumsy...so the easiest way is to play like that.

and with scoreline 0:0 our players are trying to make chances and to score and they are playing it safe because they dont want to concede a goal on the other end...but it happens even if it is so unbelievable:)

1. If we receive the first goal we gear up and in 90% cases we score the goal or even win.
2. If we dont receive the goal in first half we gear up slowly in second half and are playing little bit faster because time is running...and in last 30 minutes we tend to score most of our goals because we have fast attackers and players of opponent team are exhausted because they gave 110% to defend in those first 60 minutes...and than our opponent cant play on counter attacks because they are too tired and if they went for counter it would be hard for them to return back to defend in time and could receive a goal...so they tend to close into their own half in second half because they are tired...and than is when we score most of our goals...against tired opponents which cant stand the pressure by our attacking players.

Problem is our defense...

We tend to play the same game Barcelona is playing [but we are not even close because of our defense] and I wont say our attacking force is doing bad because that would be wrong [Robben, Ribery, Muller, Olic, Gomez, Klose and sometimes Schweini]...we make enough chances in most of our matches, wont say we are barcelona but we have our share of shots and chances in attacking half.
It becomes a problem when defending as a team because we are not even close to barcelona in that way...
They tend to close their opponents high up the pitch with every player closing tight their marker and they make their opponents lose possession and if they fail to regain possession up the field they always have their defensive players [Alves, Abidal, Puyol, Pique, Toure, Milito...] to cover for them and to take the ball away from their opponents...and they are doing that to perfection in last 2 seasons.

So in our case...that possession football would be also great and could play patient for 50-60 minutes...but what kills our tactics is our defensive line...because when we are in possession and pressuring our opponent for whole half or 50-60 minutes our defense makes a mistake and we receive a goal. And than all the hard work that attack made to pressure and make our opponents dry out and exhaust them is for nothing.

That is why we suck in first half:)..or in other words..we play it safe because we know our chances will pay at some stage of the game...and other team is giving everything and running like nuts to close us down...and play on counters and it is just remarkable how they tend to score almost every second counter attack against our defense.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby raz25 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:11 am

Mutu, Mackoy you can lock the thread :lol:
That's really good thinking man. Now, when my manun fans friends will tell me that Bayern sucks in the first half I'll say "yea, it's part of the strategy'.
They'll never get what I meant.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:46 am

Heh...yea I think that is the main reason why we are keeping it save in first half and often pass the ball around the defense so the opponents dry out....but sometimes we just suck:)
I guess we mostly suck in times like today when we scored an early goal and than stop playing that possession football and our opponent did not get exhausted in the end like we all saw when they scored two goals at the end...like LVG says..."we did not let ball do the work" in other words...we did not keep our possession after that goal in order to make our opponents run like crazy and dry out:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby shileno » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:53 am

I think it's because we never know how to face our opponents. Maybe we took one half to realize that we're doing bad.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:55 am

I posted something which contributes to this in the CL thread after the draw. This is the part of my post which matters here:

I think Man Utd are slightly better than Bayern, but Ferguson is one of those coaches who doesn't like killing the beauty of the game, and if they don't change their tactics much, Bayern have a good chance of beating them. Van Gaal is really good at preparing the team for matches and countering the opponent's strategy, but most teams have changed tactics and played very defensively against Bayern this season, so Van Gaal's work usually ends up useless, and that's why we always struggle in the first half.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Return to General Bayern Discussion