You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who should be Bayern's captain for 2009-2010?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who should be Bayern's captain for 2009-2010?

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:35 pm

A new coach and several new players are already in place for the new season. So my question is, who should be the team captain? Do we stay with Van Bommel? Makes sense somewhat, since he was last years captain, he's Dutch and our new coach is Dutch. But is he the right choice? He is hot-headed sometimes and shows a lack of mental discipline which leads to him getting more than his fair share of yellow cards. For me, I believe our captian should be someone who will be with the club for some time, shows leadership on and off the pitch and loves playing for Bayern. With that said, I think it could go to Philipp Lahm. :D
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: Who should be Bayern's captain for 2009-2010?

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah , Lahm is the best choice.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Phillip Lahm, Lucio or Schweini ;)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:32 pm

For me should be Lahm

But who will be then answer is Bommel ... Just hope that Gaal realise that Bommel shouldnt be an starter or if he get him in
first 11 then he makes up a postion for him lol
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tomas » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:32 pm

I hope its not MvB... to me he is the most inept capt we have ever had... that I can remember. Lahm or Schweini! I would rather see someone like Lucio be captn even if its just for his last season with us. At least he plays with heart compared to MvB!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nur4bayern » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:38 am

I think Lucio deserved to be captain in the past but what bothers me are his public statements that he doesn't see too many Brazilians wanting to play in the Bundesliga, which is crap and quite frankly pisses me off. He is a passionate player but I think we need a younger player, preferrably German, who will be playing for Bayern for a long, long time. That's not how I see Lucio.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Lahm should be the captain. Although i wouldnt be surprised if Van Gaal sticks with MVB.
Lucio said that he wants to leave in 2010 so No point having a 1 year captain.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby raz25 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Lucio, my favourite player FTW! He's always giving everything on the pitch, no wonder why he's Brazil's captain too! When did he say that he wants to leave in 2010? Anyways, I'm sure he just had a bad day and was just fooling around, Lucio ain't leaving!
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby shileno » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Lahm > Schweini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MVB

Lahm is our best player and IMO, the best player on Germany. He should be captain.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Schweden » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:17 pm

It's a hard choice between Lahm and Schweinsteiger. But Lahm should be captain I guess, he is a defender and has better leadership in my opinion. However, if both are capable of captaining the German team, then it is a hard choice. If Mark van Bommel should still be captain, he really needs to be in the starting 11 more. Maybe Bayern should play him as a CDM or CM more. He is a pretty good scorer for the Netherlands. Lucio is a bad captain, Brazil hasn't done too well with him as captain, and he's probably leaving in 2010, so what's the point.
My FC Bayern
GK : Manuel Neuer
RB : Lahm
CB : Vertonghen
CB : Badstuber
LB : Alaba
CDM : Schweinsteiger
CDM : Gustavo
RW : Ribery
CAM : Kroos
LW : Ribery
ST: Huntelaar
Schweden
Getting the hang of it

Postby Element » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Miroslav Klose

A Veteran Good player and German
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby cruz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 pm

nobody mentions FRANCK RIBERY.. :)

ok, now for real, Lahm is the best suited for this role! but when you choose a captain, you pick the one who the team depends on, lahm and ribery are the most competent in that case and the most influental on the pitch!

if franck could just learn to speak better german..... IMO he's the main pusher in the team... and when you make him the captain of FCB, he'd probably consider to stay for a longer time here.. :roll:
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 pm

I'd love seeing Lahm as Captain, the reasons are obvious. But I think van Gaal won't be stripping his fellow countryman van Bommel of the captaincy. We'll see what happens.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:42 pm

I would take schweinsteiger over lahm because i think having that much control of the midfield combined with his drive and creative vision will only help us. He is a fantastic player. However, i want Tymoschuck to become captain. I think he has the experience and the dominant personality to become like Khan.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby machkover » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote: However, i want Tymoschuck to become captain. I think he has the experience and the dominant personality to become like Khan.

You must be mad man to opt for tymo as a captain for our beloved club . do not you see the frequent mistaken passes he make in every game. unfortunately you think the same way that mad Van Gaal does . but i respect you a lot =D> while i have no respect for v.gaal who is leading us to disaster [-X
Last edited by machkover on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion