You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm

nm462272 wrote:GolTV is so terrible... when I moved back to the US, I read that they had the BuLi rights. I thought "oh great, I still get to watch!"... yeah, those happy thoughts were lost pretty quickly when I realized no one broadcasts GolTV. :cry:

Uverse and DirecTV are still options; that is if you like to watch (and pay for) HD programming or speak Spanish. Those two options apply respectively on each carrier. The good thing is Uverse at least carries them on high def. I don't know much about Fios or Dish to comment on those btw.

I have mixed feelings about Fox picking up the rights for the US market (and half the world apparently; from India to Brazil to Canada to Japan and adding them to their longstanding European siblings) and that is on one hand you will not have to deal with beIN Sports lackluster video quality but on the other hand an American carrier with German soccer TV rights is ... I really hope they don't start mixing their programming with Golf, Formula 1 and the like. You guys in the US are so unlucky; getting to watch the 3 important leagues can be a very expensive proposition. If you add to that the CL you can be talking serious bucks.

In South America the CL is included in the basic packages both in SD or HD and DirecTV carries the Bundesliga and Pokal as well in the basic tier packages. There are weekends where you can watch up to three Bundesliga games on a single day and then see what happens with Leverkusen on Sunday.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:29 pm

Unfortunately where I live, my only option is Comcast. Still, I'm happy that GolTV has teamed up with KlowdTV... hopefully it will be decent quality.

I'm also nervous about Fox, but hopefully they learn from NBC, who has done a great job with the Premier League. If they handle the Bundesliga like that, I'll be happy.

You're right though... it can be expensive to watch all of the different competitions :-/
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RodePiet » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:What else do you expect people to say except if you can get it, you can watch, if not, you can't. You could also try those streams on their site, then you pay per game..

As I said....not so simple...Fox contracts with the Canadian sports networks (TSN and Sportsnet) for different content so maybe they'll be airing some Bundesliga? ...maybe the possibility exists that Goltv could do likewise?...I don't work for any sports networks so I don't know....

Thanks for weighing in, but the question was more directed towards someone who might actually know something more than you and I
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:56 am

nm462272 wrote:Tomorrow we get to test out the new GolTV/KlowdTV service 8)

So how was it?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:32 pm

It worked really well! I was pleasantly surprised :) Very easy to use too - plays right in the browser with no special extensions or programs. I recommend it.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:58 pm

nm462272 wrote:It worked really well! I was pleasantly surprised :) Very easy to use too - plays right in the browser with no special extensions or programs. I recommend it.

Good to hear even though I don't personally need it. Did you pay for the HD version or the SD version?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
nm462272 wrote:It worked really well! I was pleasantly surprised :) Very easy to use too - plays right in the browser with no special extensions or programs. I recommend it.

Good to hear even though I don't personally need it. Did you pay for the HD version or the SD version?

HD - I think it comes out to about 8.50USD per month, which is really not bad. Quality is pretty good. If you're a Bayern fan in the US, it's the perfect solution.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Ill probably wait to see how Fox presents the BuLi next season before i decide to subscribe. Im pretty tempted after reading the comments tho...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Not sure if GolTV continues to own the rights to broadcast Bundesliga after this season, therefore making the KlowdTV service irrelevant. It is on a month-to-month basis, so no long term commitment.... I kind of sound like a salesman, don't I

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:12 pm

I hope they do it would be pretty convenient when I cant be home to watch the games.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:42 pm

I don't know who asked this question but Fox will have the BuLi coverage rights next season in US, Canada, and Mexico according to wiki.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Lotharis1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Ill probably wait to see how Fox presents the BuLi next season before i decide to subscribe. Im pretty tempted after reading the comments tho...

I find it's better to have it now then not. The $8/mo. is worth it.

It's not the best stream, but it works, and you see the game live.

Hopefully FOX comes out with an app similar with the NBC Sports Live one and promotes the Bundesliga as much as NBC is with the EPL.
ImageFC Bayern - Pack MASS www.facebook.com/FCBayernPackMASS Image
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:43 pm

GolTV and KlowdTV had a lot of problems today, at least for me. For the whole match, there was a lot of buffering, skipping around, rewinding, etc. GolTV also somehow lost the signal sometime around the 80th minute, so couldn't watch the end of the game. Very poor... it's great when it works, but they seem to be having more problems every week.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:47 pm

nm462272 wrote:GolTV and KlowdTV had a lot of problems today, at least for me. For the whole match, there was a lot of buffering, skipping around, rewinding, etc. GolTV also somehow lost the signal sometime around the 80th minute, so couldn't watch the end of the game. Very poor... it's great when it works, but they seem to be having more problems every week.

Maybe the demand exceeded the expectations and they couldn't handle the load?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Very possible. Quick glance on twitter showed that some other people were experiencing issues as well. I really hope KlowdTV figures this out, because it's awesome when it works.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion