You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Postby diegis » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:56 pm

of course people wont pay FCB TV when they can see the highlights free...
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:21 pm

Guys I'm going to have to take off the highlights :(
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:01 pm

MUTU wrote:Guys I'm going to have to take off the highlights :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: why :?:
do u think rummenigge will sue you? :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mirage » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:12 pm

OMG. Youtube is harmless!!
But OK MUTU, do what you need to, its fine.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:20 pm

supr4king wrote:
MUTU wrote:Guys I'm going to have to take off the highlights :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: why :?:
do u think rummenigge will sue you? :P

Half an hour after the news came out, YouTube started taking off Bayern highlights. Most, if not all, don't work anymore. So it's useless linking to them, and I'll respect Bayern's wishes.

If I find a way how to make some money from this site, I will put up competitions to win subscriptions, but for now I'm only doing loss.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dracus » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:21 pm

The stupid channels only show the premiership,serie a and primera and even the ****** championship in my country. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Youtube was the only source
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:29 pm

Unfortunately you will have to start paying Bayern. I know that the service is a bit overpriced, but there is nothing I can do for you now.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dracus » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Karl's spies and watchdogs maybe monitoring this forum.We need to take out all the links
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:42 pm

I was gonna post this yesterday but I was too busy doing so much school work that I didn't have time.

Anyway, I get the Bayern games and I record them for my own enjoyment (I do watch them again and again when there's nothing on TV). If it's possible I can share the highlights of the game with folks on this board. I could use yousendit.com or another uploading service and folks can download it. (Note: downloads are only available for a certain amount of time.) I would need to get the program that allows you to edit things from a DVD but it shouldn't be long or hard. Does this sound ok or should I not try it? If it's ok than I will do it if there's a demand for it.

Like I said, I do get the Bayern games and actually there has only been one game that I was not able to see and that was the game against Moscow (CL game). The channel I get always shows Bayern, well so far they have, so I will have access to the footage.

Any thoughts?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:00 am

I wish you could, but it'd be exactly what the people posting Bayern vids on Youtube were doing. Mark, does that mean I have to take off the CL vids posted? They haven't complained about CL copyright... yet.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:37 am

You may need to take out the cl youtube links also bcoz it's also copyrighted
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:12 pm

I still think its stupid, but yes we should respect Bayern's wishes.

@ tracylynn - what channel broadcasts the Bayern games? I know we're in different countries, but I'm wondering if England gets the same or similar channel...
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:40 pm

The channel that I watch Bayern on is called GOLTV. I think the channel is aimed at Spanish speakers since all the commercials are in Spanish. Also, I think the channel's base is in Florida.

I like the network because they show Bayern Munich all the time. I do know Bayern's next game is this Wednesday and they are airing it live. They even have a program called "Hallo Bundesliga" which they go over all the weeks games. You can see all the highlight of the games if you missed them.

Also, they are the only ones who have a program dedicated to American soccer. If anyone is a fan of American soccer then you can watch this program and learn about what is going on.

GOLTV also shows La Liga (they showed the Barcelona and Real Madrid game), Serie A, and even games from South America.

The only thing about this channel is that they can not show any CL games or Euro games. They can only show the league games and that's fine. I have two other football/soccer channels for that (FSC and Setanta Sports -which I think England has Setanta Sports).

This is the first year that GOLTV is showing the Bundesliga and I hope that they continued with it. If they decide to stop showing it then I would just die.

GOLTV is available on DirecTV. I'm not sure if DirecTV is available in England but if not then maybe there's something similiar to it.

As for YouTube...I think they went after it because the videos are available for free 24 hours, 7 days a week and it's a web site. There's no limit as to how long the video is available and I don't think they like that. As for sharing the videos via yousend and other uploading sites is that the videos are only available for so long. They are availble for 7 days and that's it or up to a maximum of 25 downloads. Once it has reached the limit then it's done, unless someone upload them again. Someone can upload the videos and not post the link but send the link to someone's email address therefore the video is not available to the public as a whole.

Boy, I need to stop talking. This is a big post. :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:17 pm

tracylynn wrote:As for YouTube...I think they went after it because the videos are available for free 24 hours, 7 days a week and it's a web site. There's no limit as to how long the video is available and I don't think they like that. As for sharing the videos via yousend and other uploading sites is that the videos are only available for so long. They are availble for 7 days and that's it or up to a maximum of 25 downloads. Once it has reached the limit then it's done, unless someone upload them again. Someone can upload the videos and not post the link but send the link to someone's email address therefore the video is not available to the public as a whole.

Agree with why they went after it. Also, I think that if YouTube hadn't been bought by Google, it wouldn't have attracted so much attention from football clubs and such. yousend hasn't been targeted because it's an independent website, and not owned by any big name companies like Yahoo or Google.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:27 am

tracylynn wrote:The channel that I watch Bayern on is called GOLTV. I think the channel is aimed at Spanish speakers since all the commercials are in Spanish. Also, I think the channel's base is in Florida.

I like the network because they show Bayern Munich all the time. I do know Bayern's next game is this Wednesday and they are airing it live. They even have a program called "Hallo Bundesliga" which they go over all the weeks games. You can see all the highlight of the games if you missed them.

Also, they are the only ones who have a program dedicated to American soccer. If anyone is a fan of American soccer then you can watch this program and learn about what is going on.

GOLTV also shows La Liga (they showed the Barcelona and Real Madrid game), Serie A, and even games from South America.

The only thing about this channel is that they can not show any CL games or Euro games. They can only show the league games and that's fine. I have two other football/soccer channels for that (FSC and Setanta Sports -which I think England has Setanta Sports).

This is the first year that GOLTV is showing the Bundesliga and I hope that they continued with it. If they decide to stop showing it then I would just die.

GOLTV is available on DirecTV. I'm not sure if DirecTV is available in England but if not then maybe there's something similiar to it.

As for YouTube...I think they went after it because the videos are available for free 24 hours, 7 days a week and it's a web site. There's no limit as to how long the video is available and I don't think they like that. As for sharing the videos via yousend and other uploading sites is that the videos are only available for so long. They are availble for 7 days and that's it or up to a maximum of 25 downloads. Once it has reached the limit then it's done, unless someone upload them again. Someone can upload the videos and not post the link but send the link to someone's email address therefore the video is not available to the public as a whole.

Boy, I need to stop talking. This is a big post. :lol:

Thanks =D
I can inquire about GOLTV, but I've never heard of DirecTV so I doubt I can get that :/ However England does get Setanta so thats something at least.
England just doesn't care for the Bundesliga or the French League. Only Spain and Italy is covered :( not good.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion