You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Postby Badger » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:28 pm

The BBC carries a similar report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24517480
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Reuters wrote: "The DFL can expect to double their foreign media rights revenues due to the Fox deal and several other contracts, with Seifert having targeted between 100-150 million euros for the next rights period."

I bet Uli is smiling all the way to the bank, even though that stroll will take place in a couple of years.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:08 pm

This should help Bayern and the Bundesliga gain a lot of international fans, that is somewhere the other leagues especially the EPL have over the German teams.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:59 pm

I hope the deal is much better than that. It is for 80 countries world-wide [including Italy, Belgium and Holland in Europe].

Seifert astimated 100-150 mil € / season...for all international deals...not just 80 countries. I hope that Murdoch will pay at least 100 mil€ / season for those rights as some of those are really strong markets.

Btw...

I hope we generate more money from international tv rights as those rights are distributed differently than domestic tv rights.

We will get a much bigger piece of international TV deal than other clubs, because its distribution factor is being calculated differently. Bundesliga’s international media rights income distribution remains based on both international and domestic sport performance.

From those 72 mil€ we earned last season...we got a little more than 10mil€...while Dortmund who were 2nd got around 5 mil€.

So we got 2x more than the next in line....let's hope distribution formula for foreign deals doesnt change in the future. EPL clubs all get an equal share of foreign rights money. 20 clubs get same amount of money.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Kevinx67 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 am

Thank god Fox is going to show the Bundesliga. Right now I have to wait for the download on full matches. The only plus is i can watch the download on my TV in High Def thru Futu box.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:18 am

Does BEIN Sport have the rights for Bundesliga? They will have an HD channel in my country. They won the rights for EPL, I know they show La Liga (and I watch streams of their channel just to hear Ray Hudson's hilarity) but La Liga is in FOX Sports here. Currently, there are no channels showing BuLi here so I'm praying BEIN will.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:34 pm

runaway wrote:Does BEIN Sport have the rights for Bundesliga? They will have an HD channel in my country. They won the rights for EPL, I know they show La Liga (and I watch streams of their channel just to hear Ray Hudson's hilarity) but La Liga is in FOX Sports here. Currently, there are no channels showing BuLi here so I'm praying BEIN will.

Idk about your country but in the US beIN sports has the right to La Liga and Serie A games. You can always go to their website or just check the Bundesliga site for who airs the games
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:Thank god Fox is going to show the Bundesliga. Right now I have to wait for the download on full matches. The only plus is i can watch the download on my TV in High Def thru Futu box.

And how is that going to be better than GolTV? GolTV is a 24/7 Football (Soccer) Channel which allows to air 5-6 BL matches per week in the USA while Fox just dismantled Fox Soccer Channel and the only exclusive Football channel that they have is Fox Soccer Plus (a $15 per month subscription). The rest of Fox sports networks (FS1, FS2 and regional Sports channels) are crowded with college American Football on the weekends and other college sport events.
When ESPN had split rights for Bayern games many times they will cut part of the game because they were airing an EPL game that had not finished, or there was a La Liga match starting before the Bayern game was over.
The Fox channels which will have bigger ratings for college sports will give the BL the same treatment.

I am not excited as you all are.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
runaway wrote:Does BEIN Sport have the rights for Bundesliga? They will have an HD channel in my country. They won the rights for EPL, I know they show La Liga (and I watch streams of their channel just to hear Ray Hudson's hilarity) but La Liga is in FOX Sports here. Currently, there are no channels showing BuLi here so I'm praying BEIN will.

Idk about your country but in the US beIN sports has the right to La Liga and Serie A games. You can always go to their website or just check the Bundesliga site for who airs the games

BEIN Sport has the rights for us I think. They just launched an HD cable channel which have 3 channels that will show many leagues, EPL, BuLi, Series A, Ligue 1, etc. but not La Liga since Fox Sports has the rights to it for us. This is definitely good news for me since most of the cable sports channels here shows other sports except football.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Jorge wrote:And how is that going to be better than GolTV? GolTV is a 24/7 Football (Soccer) Channel which allows to air 5-6 BL matches per week in the USA

GolTV is a channel that is close to impossible to find with most carriers let alone in an HD version. Fox I believe is quite the contrary.

ESPN and quite possibly Fox will probably stream many Bundesliga games depending on airing conflicts. Do keep in mind, however, these conflicts with the EPL as you mention are mostly due to games being played on Saturdays prior to CL weeks. But... launching a third Fox Sports channel in many markets supposedly will avoid this pitfall. It still is better than having to do magic to find somebody who has FIOS for example to watch the Bundesliga. Many big markets do not carry FIOS and even if they do, it is not available in most zones as the big carriers are.

In any case GolTV nor Fox (confirmation pending on that last one) have rights to air 5 or 6 BL matches as you mentioned Jorge. At best, they do have the rights of up to 4 games live during weekends.

Then there is the matter of their announcers. Yes, the English speakers were absolutely fine, but the Uruguayan guys on the Spanish feed were simply ..... No comments really. The commentators on Fox are absolutely a universe apart.

In any case GolTV is a channel about to disapear from the US and the guy I talked to who used to negotiate with them for some markets said the bastards were simply too expensive for their offerings. Whether that translated into them beign dropped from DirecTV and Comcast for example is plausible; speculative enough as well.

In any case I can't argue schedulling conflicts with other sports will make watching live games not a done matter in the US; but do keep in mind NBC carries the EPL and BEiN the Spanish league. Conflicts with other soccer games SHOULD not be an issue with Fox in the US.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:18 pm

tflags wrote:
Jorge wrote:And how is that going to be better than GolTV? GolTV is a 24/7 Football (Soccer) Channel which allows to air 5-6 BL matches per week in the USA

GolTV is a channel that is close to impossible to find with most carriers let alone in an HD version. Fox I believe is quite the contrary.

ESPN and quite possibly Fox will probably stream many Bundesliga games depending on airing conflicts. Do keep in mind, however, these conflicts with the EPL as you mention are mostly due to games being played on Saturdays prior to CL weeks. But... launching a third Fox Sports channel in many markets supposedly will avoid this pitfall. It still is better than having to do magic to find somebody who has FIOS for example to watch the Bundesliga. Many big markets do not carry FIOS and even if they do, it is not available in most zones as the big carriers are.

In any case GolTV nor Fox (confirmation pending on that last one) have rights to air 5 or 6 BL matches as you mentioned Jorge. At best, they do have the rights of up to 4 games live during weekends.

Then there is the matter of their announcers. Yes, the English speakers were absolutely fine, but the Uruguayan guys on the Spanish feed were simply ..... No comments really. The commentators on Fox are absolutely a universe apart.

In any case GolTV is a channel about to disapear from the US and the guy I talked to who used to negotiate with them for some markets said the bastards were simply too expensive for their offerings. Whether that translated into them beign dropped from DirecTV and Comcast for example is plausible; speculative enough as well.

In any case I can't argue schedulling conflicts with other sports will make watching live games not a done matter in the US; but do keep in mind NBC carries the EPL and BEiN the Spanish league. Conflicts with other soccer games SHOULD not be an issue with Fox in the US.

GolTV is still on Time Warner, DirectV and Uverse (in HD). But the information that I have is the same: GoalTV is about to follow the fate of Fox Soccer Channel. GolTV still survives airing Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Eredivisie and some obscure Latin American Leagues besides the BL but the writing is on the wall as the numbers do not add up.

One thing that I agree is that the BL on Fox will reach a larger audience but I am still concerned about which priority Fox is going to give to the BL. You seem to be optimistic about Fox giving the front seat to the BL: I don't. We do not even know in what channel they are going to air the games and contrary of what you think I am convinced the picture does not look right. Forget about any Coverage on Fox National Channel as we are 5 generation from that, it will be on the Sports affiliates but FS1 and FS2 even on Champions League match days are crowded with UFC replays besides the college sports that I mentioned and the last time I checked this type of crap (UFC)outnumbers any Football game rating by a 10 times fold. That's the nature of the American society and except Bayern Munich there is no recognizable brand in the BL that can attract non-specific audience like ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Milan, Juventus, Madrid, Barca, etc do. It's a reality.

I will be happy to pay $15 extra to my carrier for Fox Soccer Plus if they put the same coverage that GoalTV has on the BL right now knowing that all live games are going to be aired without "contamination" or interference.

You seem frustrated because you can't get GolTV, well I used to have it HD on DirectV and when they dropped it in HD to make room for BeIn Sports I cancelled DirecTV and switched to Uverse where I have both GolTV HD and BeIN Sports HD. At the rate Uverse is growing by 2015 I am sure it will be available to you (if not already) On the same token: 1 1/2 years is a long time on TV time and it might be that TV carriers at the point will offer interactive access to all games similar to what DirecTV does with the Champions League, the NFL or the Tennis Gran Slams, or what ESPN3, NetFlix, FoxSoccer2Go and other streaming sources do letting you select on your TV what you want to watch from an interactive Menu. It is the direction in what TV is going anyway.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby bigdrop » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:56 pm

It is very difficult to watch Bayern in Champions League matches on Fox. FoxSports 1 only shows one game and almost exclusively it is an EPL team. Failing this it will be Real or Barca. To watch Bayern you have to go online to FoxSoccer2Go which is a streaming service that is terrible. Unlike ESPN 3 that has games which can be watched on a Samsung Smart TV in actual HD this does not happen with FoxSoccer2Go. They are the same less sharp, often interrupted quality that most streams are on the internet.

This is a huge issue: Comcast does not have GolTV so the result is that I watch most games online. Quality is pathetic. As much as I love Bayern (and I have flown specifically from Washington, D. C. to Munich four times to watch them at the Allianz) I find it extremely frustrating not to be able to watch them on a large screen in HD. I have a Samsung F8000 Smart TV. When you watch an internet broadcast on a 55 inch screen it is much worse than on a 15" laptop: the larger size creates more blurred details. On my laptop it is not much better-because it is smaller. I traded several e-mails with FoxSoccer2Go technical support and they told me to use Chrome as my browser. I do this. Sometimes it is better, sometimes not.

For WiziWig and BTSports Chrome makes absolutely no difference.

Bottom line is I still passionately love Bayern, still watch the games despite my bitching. But it's not the same when I could watch CL games on FoxSoccerChannel in HD-which is now gone. Right now Fox is broadcasting so few CL games on FoxSports 1 and FoxSports 2 because they want viewers to lobby with cable and satellite companies to carry these additional and other channels. Perhaps a year from now Fox Soccer Plus will have been sold to Comcast and others along with FoxSports 2. Until then Fox isn't helping one bit.
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I find the quality of AceStream streams to be really good. The disadvantage is that they tend to be lagging behind by an average of 1 minute. If that's fine for you, and you don't mind Eastern European commentary, then do give it a try.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bigdrop » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Thank you, MUTU, much appreciated. I clicked on your link but what is the procedure to watch a game? Is there a download first? Thanks again for your help.

BTW, FoxSoccer2Go is $20.00 a month and ESPN3 is free.
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Jorge wrote:
Kevinx67 wrote:Thank god Fox is going to show the Bundesliga. Right now I have to wait for the download on full matches. The only plus is i can watch the download on my TV in High Def thru Futu box.

And how is that going to be better than GolTV? GolTV is a 24/7 Football (Soccer) Channel which allows to air 5-6 BL matches per week in the USA while Fox just dismantled Fox Soccer Channel and the only exclusive Football channel that they have is Fox Soccer Plus (a $15 per month subscription). The rest of Fox sports networks (FS1, FS2 and regional Sports channels) are crowded with college American Football on the weekends and other college sport events.
When ESPN had split rights for Bayern games many times they will cut part of the game because they were airing an EPL game that had not finished, or there was a La Liga match starting before the Bayern game was over.
The Fox channels which will have bigger ratings for college sports will give the BL the same treatment.

I am not excited as you all are.

The reason I'm excited is cause Verizon took away GolTV in English and to view it in Spanish i would have to pay per month to view it in Spanish. I might have to wait after the match for the upload of the game and have to pay the download site ( 22 Cents a day ) but atleast it's in High Def and in English. I had no problem with GolTV but when they don't provide the channel you need to find other sources.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion