You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello. No, there are no subtitles in the English version of the FCB.tv site. The videos are all in English and the interviews have voice overs when applicable, which is pretty much always (unless they interview Diego or Arango who know squat about German.) The German version of the site has a bit more videos therefore, like less than stellar (and long) interviews and some German only interest clips. The match highlights/previews, even when covering the opposing team, are pretty much regularly uploaded in both languages around the same time.

What is TRULY disappointing, to be quite honest, is the lack of coverage IN ENGLISH, of the Friday press conferences. Very rarely, if ever, they are translated/uploaded and even then, it is just via small clips. I guess not all Bayern fans are interested in possible formations or the like. Hope this helps.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

tflags wrote:Hello. No, there are no subtitles in the English version of the FCB.tv site. The videos are all in English and the interviews have voice overs when applicable, which is pretty much always (unless they interview Diego or Arango who know squat about German.) The German version of the site has a bit more videos therefore, like less than stellar (and long) interviews and some German only interest clips. The match highlights/previews, even when covering the opposing team, are pretty much regularly uploaded in both languages around the same time.

What is TRULY disappointing, to be quite honest, is the lack of coverage IN ENGLISH, of the Friday press conferences. Very rarely, if ever, they are translated/uploaded and even then, it is just via small clips. I guess not all Bayern fans are interested in possible formations or the like. Hope this helps.

Is there a substantial enough content in English to justify the annual fee?

I've never fancied getting it as I assumed all the content was in German.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm

I was afraid that would be the next question. To be honest I got it at a time when I was watching Bayern's games mostly off of feeds; terrible feeds in even more terrible languages. At the time they had a web radio service so I would watch the video on one window and hear the audio from their feed in English. After the game the highlights would be much, much better than what you would find anywhere else on the net (never mind the later are free.) I was to cancel it but they feed one game (at most) during the season breaks to make people justify the cost. I think the German version, with coverage of the press conferences, is much more interesting.

I don't know, it really depends on your needs. To be honest, the service could be much, much better. The clips are hardly important, most of the interviews are uninteresting; they don't seem to know what the word documentary means and if one friendly per break is enough then I guess you should go for it. I guess I am not exactly ecstatic about it tbh.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby StrikingMidfield » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Ok thanks for the info! :D I think I'll probably take the splash for it when I have the opportunity, because there is literally ZERO professional coverage of Bayern in the USA (atleast in my area) and just seeing the players in good quality video instead of some laggy pixelated stream is worth it for me :lol:
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 pm

StrikingMidfield wrote:because there is literally ZERO professional coverage of Bayern in the USA (atleast in my area) and just seeing the players in good quality video instead of some laggy pixelated stream is worth it for me :lol:

Soon Al Jazeera will find a way to pay off GolTV's final rights to the Bundesliga. It makes no sense for the DFL to let a small EDIT channel with decaying coverage and virtually no exposure to hold the rights of their biggest matches in potentially two of their biggest markets.
Last edited by tflags on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 pm

beIN sport is owned by some oil rich arab company and has recently bought rights to La Liga, Seria A, and Ligue 1 USA viewing rights and i wouldnt be suprised if they buy out the Bundesliga, Champions League, English Premiere League and Europa League from Fox and Gol TV...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 am

For those American Bayern fans Verizon has agreed to terms with beIN sport and will be soon added to the channel listings. Starting in 2013 beIN sport will have the rights to air German Bundesliga games so in the future it will be the main place to watch Bayern Munich in the United States for all those who have Dish Network, Direct TV, and Verizon Fios(coming soon)

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/beIN-SPORT-Launches-on-FiOS-TV/ba-p/552421

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Starting in 2013 beIN sport will have the rights to air German Bundesliga games

Source please.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Go to the media coverage section it will be there...... [source]

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Go to the media coverage section it will be there...... [source]

The lack of official data on the subject or a confirmation from ANY other source tells me this is not yet the case. IF they have rights to air those matches 'starting in 2013,' why haven't they done so?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:15 pm

You make a good point but i guess time will tell they could be waiting till seasons end

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:52 am

Yo guys this isnt spam just thought i would reccomend this app since ive been using it for a long time and thought some of you might want to know. I wanna recommend you guys use theFotmob Its a great football score app that even lets you keep track of Bayern Munich II games and even games from my country Kenya :P. It also has live commentary for most games in numerous languages.
Like i said b4 it isn't spam i just thought i would mention it since they just added the Regionaliga feature which makes it easier for me to follow Bayern Munich II games.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Yo guys this isnt spam just thought i would reccomend this app since ive been using it for a long time and thought some of you might want to know. I wanna recommend you guys use theFotmob Its a great football score app that even lets you keep track of Bayern Munich II games and even games from my country Kenya :P. It also has live commentary for most games in numerous languages.

Late....

tflags wrote:

Yep.

:P . It is a great app indeed.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Oh my bad....:P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion