You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm sure it will. Hopefully there won't be any problems like last week where there was a problem with the Sopcast service at least on my end. But it seems to be working fine again.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 pm

we need to make our own sopcast chanel...where only bayernforum.com users can login and watch.

I was thinking about that...but need to figure out how much bandwidth would be enough to transmit a game in decent quality...to some 30 users. Anyone has any idea? 20/20 mbit would be enough I guess?
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:Does anyone know if the CL game will be on soapcast? Fios TV fox soccer won't show the game. They will show every other CL game bt always leave out Bayern. Only DirectTV will have it and i don't use them. How could a channel called Fox soccer not carry the Bayern CL game. They were last year runner up in the CL and get no respect. If anyone know where i can view the game i would be grateful.

As an American with fios and fox soccer I feel your pain. I watch Bayern Munich on http://www.thefirstrow.eu/. I think they purposely disregard the Bundesliga teams because they dont have the rights to broadcast the games and eventually fox soccer will lose the broadcasting rights to Premier League, Europa and Champions League rights to the new Quatari owned American soccer channel beIN sports which has already outbid them for the Serie A, English Championship, La Liga, FA Cup, US NT World Cup qualification and Capitol One Cup, all avaliable on Direct TV and Comcast but Verizon are said to be working out a deal to add beIN sport.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:we need to make our own sopcast chanel...where only bayernforum.com users can login and watch.

I was thinking about that...but need to figure out how much bandwidth would be enough to transmit a game in decent quality...to some 30 users. Anyone has any idea? 20/20 mbit would be enough I guess?

From Sopcast Manual:

5. Tune SopServer

In order to make SopServer working correctly and efficiently, you need to know these approaches to monitor and tune your SopServer.

5.1 Bandwidth Requirement

Many people think that the p2p server does not consume bandwidth, just one stream output is enough.

In fact, in order to keep the p2p distribution network stable, SopServer must keep about 5 connections with first level peers, SopServer continuously filters peers in SopCast mesh network, and picks up the peers who have abundant outbound bandwidth resource as the first level peers.

Therefore, SopServer usually may consume about 5 times of the bitrate of the stream, it's outbound (or upload) traffic.

For example:

Bitrate of stream source = 400 kbps
Bandwidth requirement = 400 kbps * 5 = 2 Mbps

So if the upload bandwidth of your home network is 2M, the bitrate of the channel you can broadcasted should be less than 400Kpbs.

http://www.sopcast.com/docs/so.html

I guess it also depends on other users' upload speed (first level peers) as well.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 pm

So if I have 10 mbit...i can easily broadcast with 1200-1400 kbps. yes I read that before you posted it:)...

about first level peers...SopServer continuously filters peers in SopCast mesh network, and picks up the peers who have abundant outbound bandwidth resource as the first level peers.

I guess few people on this forum have at least 2mbit upload
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 pm

I'd be up for that.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I only have 1.5Mbps. Sucks. :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Kevinx67 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Kevinx67 wrote:Does anyone know if the CL game will be on soapcast? Fios TV fox soccer won't show the game. They will show every other CL game bt always leave out Bayern. Only DirectTV will have it and i don't use them. How could a channel called Fox soccer not carry the Bayern CL game. They were last year runner up in the CL and get no respect. If anyone know where i can view the game i would be grateful.

As an American with fios and fox soccer I feel your pain. I watch Bayern Munich on http://www.thefirstrow.eu/. I think they purposely disregard the Bundesliga teams because they dont have the rights to broadcast the games and eventually fox soccer will lose the broadcasting rights to Premier League, Europa and Champions League rights to the new Quatari owned American soccer channel beIN sports which has already outbid them for the Serie A, English Championship, La Liga, FA Cup, US NT World Cup qualification and Capitol One Cup, all avaliable on Direct TV and Comcast but Verizon are said to be working out a deal to add beIN sport.

I watch the Bayern games on GolTV but trying to watch the CL games on TV is difficult. Thanks for the link but i wish i could record the game cause watching at work is hard.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 am

Like i said i feel your pain, if it wasnt for Gol TV and that link i would never catch Bayern games. Gol TV has bought the Bundesliga rights in USA/Canada till June 2015, lets hope they can reach an agreement to extend it..

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Like i said i feel your pain, if it wasnt for Gol TV and that link i would never catch Bayern games. Gol TV has bought the Bundesliga rights in USA/Canada till June 2015, lets hope they can reach an agreement to extend it..

For the rest of the Americas ESPN shows all Bayern games in HD; channels that are pretty much included in standard cable services without having to afford special sports subscriptions. Their games are also included in ESPN3/PLAY via IP in case you happen to be away from home and last but not least, quite my favorite too, they don't have those quite stupid announcers talking about food from the 40" minute onwards.

It is quite unbelievable that soccer, being the second most watched sport in the US (age selected of course) cannot be appreciated there and Canada as the rest of the continent.

I really hope GolTV does NOT renew their license. It is a quite over expensive channel with detrimental coverage that mostly airs penis enlargement/sexual boosting ads. Quite pathetic if you ask me.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:27 pm

I will talk with mutu about making our own sopcast channel, possibly with HD broadcast. so we wont have these problems anymore:)
sch0ll7

Postby Kevinx67 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:32 pm

tflags wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Like i said i feel your pain, if it wasnt for Gol TV and that link i would never catch Bayern games. Gol TV has bought the Bundesliga rights in USA/Canada till June 2015, lets hope they can reach an agreement to extend it..

For the rest of the Americas ESPN shows all Bayern games in HD; channels that are pretty much included in standard cable services without having to afford special sports subscriptions. Their games are also included in ESPN3/PLAY via IP in case you happen to be away from home and last but not least, quite my favorite too, they don't have those quite stupid announcers talking about food from the 40" minute onwards.

It is quite unbelievable that soccer, being the second most watched sport in the US (age selected of course) cannot be appreciated there and Canada as the rest of the continent.

I really hope GolTV does NOT renew their license. It is a quite over expensive channel with detrimental coverage that mostly airs penis enlargement/sexual boosting ads. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

I can't see Fox soccer taking the Bundesliga games if GolTV doesn't renew unless they lose the EPL
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Fox are bound to lose the EPL at this rate, they lost a lot of rights this summer to AL Jezeera branch channel beIN sport

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLove » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Al Jazeera? Shit just got real! Now it's forum "who gets to watch what" warefare! :D
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Commodore » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Sopcast is having problems again but there's an alternative now. Right now I'm watching Spartak - Celtic via TorrentStream (that's NOT StreamTorrent).

Read THIS to find out how to get it, install it and get it to work.

The quality is outstanding btw.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion