You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

TOP 50 Players of Bayern "Munich"

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: TOP 50 Players of Bayern "Munich"

Postby AssemFCB » Fri May 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I think Pizarro definitely must be on that list, he's done at least as much for Bayern as Klinsmann and Klose, if not more.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm

quaazi wrote:everything else you said is completely irrelevant to his service at Bayern

His service at Bayern was relatively poor in my perception. Did you remember him play at all? I'm asking as you're relatively young so you may not have seen all too many matches from him. I haven't seen every single Bayern match from him, but he was never a commanding presence whenever I did see him play.

He played in, at most, 23 BL matches in a season (shows that he was never regarded as a key player), with just 7 BL appearances for the first team and one for the reserve team in his last season. [source]
And then our board didn't feel he was worth his salary anymore and refused to extend his contract. All this during the standard peak years of a defender.

He captured hearts with his crying and punching the ground against United, but that was only because he figured out how costly his silly headed clearance to a corner turned out to be.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri May 10, 2013 6:25 pm

AssemFCB wrote:I think Pizarro definitely must be on that list, he's done at least as much for Bayern as Klinsmann and Klose, if not more.

If I was to add another striker, I'd fancy Zickler more. That guy was good and super fast, but his career was blighted by loads of injuries.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KAHN » Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 pm

MUTU wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:I think Pizarro definitely must be on that list, he's done at least as much for Bayern as Klinsmann and Klose, if not more.

If I was to add another striker, I'd fancy Zickler more. That guy was good and super fast, but his career was blighted by loads of injuries.

Pizarro did more for Bayern then Klinsmann and Klose. Klinsi behaved like a prima donna and Klose was bad for us whatever the reasons ( injures, style of play....). Zickler deserve the spot for his loyalty and he did his best whenever he was inserted into the game.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MoFattal » Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 am

MUTU wrote:Kuffour out, Dante in

^ Will get a thanks from MoFattal.

EDIT: Oh, and how could you guys forget to add Deisler?!

No you won't :evil: Kuffour is one of my all-time favorite players. Both should be in ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby swedenklo » Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Where i can find interviews of legends (Beckenbauer, "Auge", Muller...) about their careers?
swedenklo
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kinkam » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Top 50 is too many. Maybe 30 or even 20 to make it more competitive, otherwise everyone just gets in there. Did Mutu suggest Van Buyten, what a joke. He's probably 1.5 good seasons at Bayern in 7 years. Might as well include Demichelis. In fact the 2010 CL final should rule those two out forever!
Kinkam
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 pm

I think recent developments mean that the majority of the class of 2013 deserve entry into this list.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AdepT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Bayern's all-time greatest XI published 18 May, 2012 by Honigstein.

Didn't know we had such a poster with all the greats. I guess we'll have to make a new one besides that.
You just can't replace these names.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Commodore » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Whoever said "Kuffour out" should be banned for life from this forum. Oh wait. It's the admin...

I can see a case being made for Ismaël. Although, unfortunately, including him would be more of a consolation for him and because he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. He could have become one of the (if not THE) greatest Bayern defenders of all time. What a shame that it was not to be. :(
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 pm

What happened to Ismael ? He was more injury prone than Robben.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 pm

MaCk0y wrote:What happened to Ismael ? He was more injury prone than Robben.

He was an expert for LigaTotal! which was an IPTV Bundesliga channel from Deutsche Telekom. However they shut down this summer after 3 years when the DFL didn't renew their IPTV broadcasting rights. The DFL decided to give them to Sky, too.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 am

Bazi wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:What happened to Ismael ? He was more injury prone than Robben.

He was an expert for LigaTotal! which was an IPTV Bundesliga channel from Deutsche Telekom. However they shut down this summer after 3 years when the DFL didn't renew their IPTV broadcasting rights. The DFL decided to give them to Sky, too.

IIRC, his first game with us, he ended up getting sent off. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:49 am

Haha, you're right. :D

44th minute with a 2nd yellow in a 3:0 win over Mönchengladbach (yes, we played them at home on match day 1...)
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 pm

I noticed this on BR and thought it fit this thread on the spot! =D>
Here is the writers list:
50. Dietmar Hamann

We kick of our list with a player more likely to be remembered for his heroics in the red of Liverpool, yet the young German midfielder began his career at Bayern, where he played over 100 games for the Bavarian side, picking up five major trophies before making a name for himself in England.

49. Norbert Eder

A crucial member of Bayern's defence throughout the late '80s, Eder signed for the club at the ripe age of 29 years old. Although more regarded as a Nurnberg player throughout his career, his late stint in Munich won him three Bundesliga titles and a DFB Pokal trophy in just four years.

48. Alan McInally

Nicknamed "Big Mac" by the Munich faithful, McInally was brought to Bayern as a luxury signing to take their fortunes further afield in Europe. Although they never won the coveted trophy with the towering Scot, he did help the Bavarian side win the Bundesliga title in his first season before ultimately succumbing to injury.

47. Thomas Muller

Befitting of the honour as the first current squad member to make it on the top 50, Thomas Muller best depicts a player who looks far wiser and much more useful than most at his age. Despite only being 23 years old he has already played five seasons for the Reds, winning four domestic titles and a Champions League trophy in the process.

46. Johnny Hansen

Famously remembered as the first player to score in a Bundesliga match at the Olympic Stadium in Munich, Hansen was a formidable right-back for Bayern and earned no less than three European cups and three Bundesliga titles in his six year stint at the club.

45. Jupp Kapellmann

Signed by Bayern Munich for 802,000 Deutsche Mark from FC Koln in the summer of 1973, a German record at the time, Kapellmann made sure the club got their money's worth as a consistent squad player during his six-year spell at the club when he won five major tournaments for the club and German national team.

44. Rainer Zobel

Zobel was a midfielder who played during the '70s for Bayern Munich in a squad full of world stars. Despite this, he made 180 appearances his six seasons at the club and was part of the squad that won the European Cup on three seperate occasions.

43. Thomas Helmer

A sweeper who played for both Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich during his career, Helmer was integral to Bayern's side during the nineties, winning three Bundesliga titles as well as acquiring two DFB Pokal Cups.

42. Jean-Marie Pfaff

The Belgian goalkeeper was a regular first choice for Bayern during the eighties with 156 appearances over the course of six seasons where he picked up three Bundesliga titles and two DFB Pokal Cups.

41. Juergen Klinsmann

Although never regarded as a Bayern favourite by himself or the Munich faithful, Klinsmaan had a very successful time at Bayern once his stint with Tottenham Hotspur was over. With 31 goals in 65 appearances, the German coach-to-be picked up a Bundesliga title and UEFA Cup in his two brief seasons.

40. Roque Santa Cruz

Although never a great goalscorer for Bayern during his 10 years at the club, the Paraguayan striker was incredibly instrumental at winning games and picking up trophies. Despite only scoring an average of six goals a season, he won five Bundesliga titles at the club as well as a Champions League trophy.

39. Miroslav Klose

Still regarded as a mainstay in the German national team, Miroslav Klose was a class act in front of goal for Bayern between 2007 and 2011, scoring 52 goals over the course of his four seasons at the club. In that time he won five major trophies and reached the Champions League final.

38. Cristian Nerlinger

An emphatic goal-scoring midfielder who'll always be remembered for his intelligence on the ball and the role he played in that famous Bayern side of the '90s. The high point will of course be the side's UEFA Cup win over Bordeaux in 1996, in which Nerlinger played a vital part in helping Bayern achieve such a feat.

37. Werner Olk

One of Bayern's most famous captains prior to the Golden age of the mid-'70s, Olk played 266 times for the first team as the club moved up the divisions from the Oberliga Süd to the German Bundesliga. His honours include three DFB Pokal cups, one Bundesliga title and a solitary award for the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1967.

36. Claudio Pizarro

As the second current Bayern player on the list, Pizarro is well remembered for his earlier stint at the club in which he scored 101 goals over the course of just six seasons, making him the most prolific ever goalscorer for a foreigner in the Bundesliga. While at Bayern, he has picked up eight domestic trophies as well as last season's Champions League trophy.

35. Roy Makaay

Another foreign striker who felt right at home in Munich was Dutch forward Roy Makaay who scored 102 goals in 178 games for Bayern Munich. Famously signed after scoring a hat-trick against Bayern for Deportivo in the 2002-03 Champions League, Makaay put his goal scoring to good use in Germany, picking up four domestic titles in as many years.

34. Owen Hargreaves

Still only the second Englishman to win a Champions League trophy with a foreign club, Owen Hargreaves may as well be regarded as German when we consider his upbringing at the club. Coming through the youth teams, Hargreaves made a total of 145 senior appearances for the club, winning four Bundesliga titles, three DFB Pokal trophies and the Champions League in 2001 before moving on to Manchester United.

33. Mario Basler

A wonderfully gifted winger who perhaps didn't win as much as a player of his calibre should have, yet what Basler did at Bayern during his brief spell at the club was simply marvellous. He won two Bundesliga titles and a DFB Pokal Cup in as may seasons at the club but will perhaps be best remembered for that wonderful free-kick to open the scoring against Manchester United in that fateful Champions League final in 1999.

32. Markus Babbel

Again, another player perhaps more notable to our English readers for his success in the Premier League, yet Markus Babbel was a very good Bayern Munich player before he made the move. In six seasons the powerful full-back won three Bundesliga titles and a UEFA Cup trophy in 1996, as well as a runners-up medal in the aforementioned Champions League final in 1999.

31. Jens Jeremies

The formidable defensive midfielder who made 180 appearances for Bayern during the late nineties until the mid noughties. Although he missed out on the ultimate prize in 2001 after being suspended for the Champions League final, he was still invaluable to the side reaching such a stage, and won his fair share of trophies elsewhere for Bayern throughout his time at the club.

30. Mario Gomez

Although not everyone's cup of tea, Mario Gomez simply forces himself upon this list with a goal-scoring record that is simply impossible to match at this stage in the rankings. With 75 goals in 115 games for the Reds, Gomez helped the side to four domestic trophies as well as the assault on last season's Champions League success.

29. Willy Sagnol

As the right-back that preceded Philipp Lahm in the great Bayern side of the noughties, Sangol played 184 senior games for Bayern Munich and defined himself as one of the best full-backs of his generation with five Bundesliga titles and the Champions League trophy in 2001.

28. Arjen Robben

Although considered by many as lazy and inconsistent, the Dutchman's ability to simply dance by any defender in the world was a pivotal ploy in Bayern's success in the Champions League last season. Add to that four domestic trophies at the club in as many years and you have a man who'll go down in history as an excellent Bayern Munich player.

27. Raimond Aumann

Aumann was the great Bayern keeper of the '80s with 216 appearances for the club during that period. While between the sticks for the club his side went on to win six Bundesliga championships.

26. Hasan Salihamidzic

As a truly favoured son of Bayern Munich, Hasan Salihamidzic joined the club from Hamburg in 1998 and cemented himself as one of the fan favourites over the course of a nine-year stint that saw the club win 10 domestic titles and reach two Champions League finals.

25. Udo Horsmann

One of the lesser-known players of Bayern's golden era in the '70s, Horsmann was a German defender who made over 229 appearances for the club and reached three European finals, winning one as well as three domestic trophies.

24. Mark van Bommel

Despite only winning two Bundesliga titles and two DFB Pokal Cups, van Bommel was an outstanding defensive midfielder for Bayern Munich and eventually went on to captain the side during his five years at the club.

23. Roland Wohlfarth

An under appreciated striker for Bayern in the late '80s and early '90s who led their goal-scoring charts in the 1989 and 1991 seasons. During his time at the club he scored 119 goals in 254 appearances.

22. Hans Pfluegler

A German defender who was Bayern through and through, Pfluegler made over 400 appearances for the club over the course of his career, winning eight domestic titles but ultimately missing out on the European Cup in 1987.

21. Bernd Duernberger

Bernd Duernberger played 357 games in the heart of Bayern's defensive midfield over the course of a 13 year career that saw the midfielder win 11 major trophies. Although he never got the recognition he should have got from West Germany, he will always be remembered as a Bayern legend.
20. Franz Roth

Well regarded as one of Bayern's greatest ever big-game players, Roth scored in three European finals throughout his time at the club, ensuring the Bavarian side victory in each one. One of the most decorated players to have ever played for the club.

19. Lucio

Although it was Mark van Bommel that succeeded Oliver Kahn's captaincy, it was the towering Brazilian defender who truly continued Kahn's legacy of brute force and physical intimidation as Bayern marched on to three consecutive Bundesliga titles under his watch.

18. Franck Ribery

Quite simply one of the best modern-day forwards to ever play for Bayern Munich. His touch, skill and intelligence on the left-hand side of current front three has forced most skeptics to consider him alongside Lionel Messi and Ronaldo as one of the best in the world. A truly world-class talent.

17. Ze Roberto

Despite only spending four years at Bayern Munich, the Brazilian central midfielder picked up no less than 10 trophies while dominating matches in Germany and across the Continent. Eventually forced out through Felix Magath, Ze Roberto is still regarded as one of the best midfielders of the club's modern history.

16. Bixente Lizarazu

Before David Alaba, Bayern Munich's last great left-back was Bixente Lizarazu. The French international was a mainstay in the side of the late noughties as he won 10 domestic trophies for the Bavarian side as well as the 2001 Champions League.

15. Michael Ballack

Despite an unfortuntate reputation of having disastrous luck when it came to important finals, Ballack managed to pick up seven trophies in his four years at Bayern. Although he never won the Champions League for Bayern or the World Cup for Germany, he was a consistent world-class player for both.

14. Bastian Schweinsteiger

The undisputed face of modern Bayern has finally made his name among the greats with last season's Champions League success and domestic double. Despite only being 29 years old, the midfielder has already played over 300 games for his local side and won 17 trophies in the process.

13. Philipp Lahm

Arguably the greatest captain Bayern Munich and Germany have ever seen, Philipp Lahm has also defined himself as one of the most consistent right-backs in modern football. Alongside Bastian Schweinsteiger he epitomizes the success of modern Bayern and is a truly world-class player.

12. Klaus Augenthaler

A central defender who truly took over from Franz Beckenbaur's Libero legacy once Der Kaiser had moved on to pastures new. Although picking up more Bundesliga titles than his famous predecessor, Augenthaler never got his hands on old big ears, missing out on European Cup success on two occasions in 1982 and 1987.

11. Mehmet Scholl

As quite simply one of the best playmakers to grace Bayern Munich over the past 20 years, Mehmet Scholl played for the German side for 15 consecutive seasons, winning on average one trophy per season. A loyal servant to the club who'll always be remembered as a favourite in the stands and on the pitch.

10. Sepp Maier

9. Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck

8. Uli Hoeness

7. Stefan Effenberg

6. Paul Breitner

5. Lothar Matthaus

4. Oliver Kahn

3. Gerd Muller

2. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

1. Franz Beckenbauer

Cant say i agree with many of the choices but its a good foundation to start up this debate....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1749940-50-greatest-bayern-munich-players-of-all-time/page/15
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion