You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Title almost in our pockets! Chance for youth?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Title almost in our pockets! Chance for youth?

Postby jonathan.tes » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2013/40821.php

It is just amazing how good bayern are this season. We are even able to win the title next game.
Hopefully the title can be accompanied with a cl and gc title... Fingers crossed!

Now, what imagine bayern winning the title. That would be the perfect opportunity for the bayern's youth to show their strenght. Give the young players a lot time on the field for the rest of the season.... There is nothing to loose right?

I mean, if our coach gives Can, Hojbjerg etc. a chance to play, they can gain experience and maybe they can prove themselves to be worthy firs squad players.

What do you guys think?
jonathan.tes
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Taiwan

Re: Title almost in our pockets! Chance for youth?

Postby lau03143 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:18 pm

I hope for some game time, but...

We need to maintain momentum. With no international tournament this summer, I believe all our top players should be able to play most of the remaining games this season.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby jonathan.tes » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:22 pm

i don't mean to rest the current starting eleven the whole time... But i assume it's nice to give the hard working players a bit of a rest.
jonathan.tes
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Taiwan

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm

It would be nice to see Can and co. get some playing times. However, we need to keep our starting/main players competitive, as CL will punish us if their sweat got a little cold. So, I'd prefer to see the young players enter the game as subs with the occasional rare start.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 pm

That could be a mistake...we need to put first XI on...+ some 3-4 players that will probably get some time in CL. We need to do that because they need to "practice" for CL games..and can even try some things at those games and get better at them without being afraid of losing points. But our players shouldnt play 2x a week...so there should be some rotation.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I wouldn't mind some of the youngster to debut, but I'd rather have Rafinha, Contento, Tymoshchuk, Shaqiri and Gomez get the minutes they deserve from now on.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby mahoni » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 am

I see more chances than problems for the upcoming cl and pokal games (hopfully more than 3) if Jupp give the Youth some chances to play in BL and also players not from the starting eleven like Rafinha, Contento, Timo ect.. Imagen when Lahm take his 3rd yellow in CL ... what do we do with somebody back whitch has not playing time? And the same with other positions... Another point for giving some youth players chances: In 2001 some BL games before the CL half final against Real Hitzfeld let Hargreaves debut for Bayern and I think most of us remember what a great game he played than against Real ("1st CL apperiance"). I wouldn´t be that crazy to think that for example Hojbjerg or Can could become that important to us in so short time like Hargreaves became but you never know and I think if you have the chance as a coach then you should try something to have some more weapons on the bench...
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 am

It shocked me how quick Alaba became a major component of Bayern Munich i would like for Can and Hojbjerg to be just as important to Bayern in a couple years.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby StrikingMidfield » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:01 am

I like the idea of the youth players getting playing time, but it could come back to bite us. While the league might be won in the next game, maintaining momentum is key. Put a few players in to give them a chance, but don't make the side too weak, because momentum is key, especially at this stage of the season.
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:44 am

StrikingMidfield wrote:I like the idea of the youth players getting playing time, but it could come back to bite us. While the league might be won in the next game, maintaining momentum is key. Put a few players in to give them a chance, but don't make the side too weak, because momentum is key, especially at this stage of the season.

I agree that it may be costly but looking at the long term future of the club it will be more than worth it. Past youngsters like Alaba and Kroos got there debut when Bayern had pretty much secured the league and i would love to know there other youngsters with just as much potential as them just dying for there chance

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby jonathan.tes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 am

Interesting ideas guys...
Well, i guess you're right, maybe it could backfire...

However, I think it would still help the club if the coach rotates the squad every game, and maybe if he adds a few youth players to it, it gives them a good experience. And maybe before big games, the pros would need a rest, which would be a good time for the youth squad to show their skills.

Im not saying to rest all the experienced players... The way how the young players can develop is to play with experienced players. So I would so no more than 2 youth players at once on the pitch... The other 10 will be the other experienced players... Maybe 1-2 old players who barely get to play (pizarro, tymo), this way its very balanced and we dont need to fear that the others don't get a chance to play... I would also like to see more action from Shaqiri.
jonathan.tes
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Taiwan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:08 pm

What I don't want is playing a complete B team like we did last season. We should keep doing what we're doing now, rotating some main players every week. As for replacing them with youth players occasionally, why not?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I don't want is playing a complete B team like we did last season. We should keep doing what we're doing now, rotating some main players every week. As for replacing them with youth players occasionally, why not?

I dont mind that play young players alongside first team players....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Return to General Bayern Discussion