You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Trumpeter from Südkurve

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

The Trumpeter from Südkurve

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:08 am

This is something which the oldies in this forum surely remember, which is missing from today's atmosphere at the Allianz Arena.
I hadn't noticed this missing only until recently when listening to some stadium chants and remembered about this guy playing his trumpet and conducting the singing. In Olympiastadion this was part and parcel of the atmosphere and I think this continued for some years in the Allianz Arena

There was one for sure called Manfred Rögelein, and I don't think there were any others.

I've researched a bit and although this guy is still cheerful, it looks like he is currently passing through some difficult times due to illness and he even ended up wheelchair bound. This guy is something of a legend in Munich and he even featured on an official FC Bayern music CD and some years ago the club paid for his hip replacement. I remember him years ago interviewed on TV programs carrying his trumpet with him and always ready to play impromptu his favourite FC Bayern tunes.

I'm sure many of you remember hearing that lonely trumpet in the background if you think about it. I wish this guy all the health that he needs.

Spoiler: show
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: The Trumpeter from Südkurve

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:33 pm

I might have seen him but I can't remember him. He sounds and looks like a great guy. It is admirable when someone remains so cheerful and keen about his passions when going through a tough time health-wise.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to General Bayern Discussion