You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Grand 2014-15 Season's Player Review

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The Grand 2014-15 Season's Player Review

Postby Element » Fri May 15, 2015 8:24 pm

tflags wrote:Thought exactly the same. God if he starts taking more shots at goal he could be that perfect 10.

or actually make the shots he takes hit the Target , damn how frustrating it is to see him shooting
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun May 17, 2015 7:01 am

tflags wrote:
endrity wrote:If Boa, Lewa and Muller are getting a 9, I have no idea how to interpret the ranking for Rafinha, Bernat (a 10? really?) and Lahm.

Also, to me Schweini, alongside Muller, seemed the best player in that second half against Barca. If he is getting a 5 and Thiago an 8, there is again some wierd curve grading going on.

Why don't you try your own? You have a keyboard don't you?

I still have one but I'm meant to eat it as I lost a bet...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ttoad92 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:10 am

Goalkeepers

Neuer: 10
Made only a couple of mistakes all Season, fantastic as ever and proving again why he's the world's No.1. The saviour of what has been a terrible season defensively in big games

Reina: 6
Was always shocked that he came to us to sit on the bench he could get a starting spot at a lot of clubs still. played ok when he was used apart from that one 'Oopsie' in the Ausburg game. Very happy to have him as Our No.2, gave him a 6 due to lack of playing time.

Starke N/A

Great season for his favourite pastime of drinking coffee and eating!

Defence

Boateng: 8
Good season from Boateng, has really become one of the worlds best CB's now he has polished out a lot of his errors, and such a great Physical presence at the back

Benatia: 7
Fantastic when he has played unfortunately had some injury trouble but i don't think he ever had a bad game (apart from getting sent off at city which i was unfortunate enough to see in person!) Looking forward to seeing him partner up with Boateng again next season truly 2 Physical defensive 'Beasts'

Dante: 4
Oh dear, poor Dante seems like such a nice guy. I don't think he ever got over his only game in the World Cup Being the 7-1. However saying that his performance was starting to dip the season before as well. Costly Errors in Big games, glad we brought Benatia.

Badstuber: 6

A solid and reliable Defender. Badstuber just can't catch a break from all these Injuries. Always played well in the games he was in. Only problem with him in the Pep system is his lack of Pace (possibly partly why Dante has struggled too) 6 due to severe lack of play time.
Rafinha: 7

A player that was never meant to be anymore than a back up to Lahm has once again come on leaps and bounds this season. Sure he is not one of the best in the world, but he has always been Solid. I still don't think he is anymore than a good back-up but he has tried his best to fill in some very big shoes! Unfairly on the end of some criticism and possibly underrated. Get used to Rafinha at RB guys because Lahm midfield is here to stay.

Bernat: 7.5

What a great signing he's only young but has been used way more than we might have expected (partly due to the Ribery and Alaba Injuries) Our best signing last summer and possibly one of the best in the world last summer. Given him nothing higher than a 7 because while he performed unexpectedly well, he is still very prone to giving the ball away alot when he comes forward. He is still only young and lots of room to Improve. Look forward to seeing Bernat grow however I still see him only at the moment as a solid Alaba back up nothing more.

Alaba: 9

Truly one of the if not the Most versatile player we have on the pitch, probably played a wider variety of positions than any other player as well (and excelled in them all) Alaba truly is already a World Class player and probably the best LB in the world. Despite his young age his game is already so well rounded and perfected, also saw something new from him this season which was his amazing long range FK's. Despite his injury definitely a contender for my Player of the Season. I would have given him a 10 if he wasn't injured at the end.

Midfielders

Lahm: 6.5

Its very tricky to talk about Lahm this season apart from to say he was very reliable, consistent and we could depend on him to always put in a solid performance. Then he got injured for a long time and then more of the same reliability. His leadership, experience and ability to read the game always makes Bayern play better when he is on the pitch and we definitely missed him when he was out. Decided to give him a 6.5 rather than a 7 because he can do better.

Schweinsteiger: 6

I think Schweini is a victim the same as Ribery was, Gave it all one season (and the WC) and then so tired and worn out this season and had a below average season. He was out injured for a lot of the first half of the season and just wasn't the same when he came back. Disappointing but I must say I predicted this would happen. Hopefully he will comeback reinvigorated after a long summer break. Just like Lahm he is a true Leader.

Alonso: 7

Great first half of the season key man and passer in the middle, and then the 2nd half of the season really sure what happened to him he was so average at best. Would have been a 6 if he hadn't had such a good first half.

Rode: 7

A Fighter, and always gives his all. Great Utility player for us and i'm sure he will go from strength to strength, Like Bernat a VERY solid back-up.

Weiser: 6.5

Didn't get to play for most of the season until all the injuries meant he got his chance to show what he has got. Solid performances from him when he played in Midfield going forward, however please, please, Pleaseee don't play him in Defence it's a disaster waiting to happen. Definitely earned an extension and look forward to seeing him on the bench next season

Hojbjerg (Honorable Mention):

Like Bernat, Truly a special one for the Future. Seemed like he had a good time on loan at Ausburg and did him a world of good. Definetly needs to be starting the league games against the smaller teams next season in order to develop, Worried given his behaviour earlier in the season that another loan spell may make him fall out of love with the club. Another season on loan wouldn't be the worst thing for him, however i think the best place for him to develop is getting games here. Being taken under the wings of true legends and experts such as Alonso, Schweini and Lahm will do him better than another Loan.

Attacking Midfield

Gotze: 6 (although i mostly don't blame him for this)

Where to start with Gotze... I think looking back, we might have been a bit harsh on him. He started the season well full of confidence from the WC. Gotze plays best when he is used as a Pure No.10 a position where he is really allowed full creativity in between the Midfield and Forwards, and also a position he is never going to get to play under Pep Guardiola. I feel that rather than putting all the blame on Gotze we should say rather that he is being held back by not playing him in the right way. How many times this season was he played in his Correct position? We cannot expect every player we have to be able to play in 4/5 different positions, Gotze is not a winger or a CM he is a CAM and a No. 10 possibly a Deep Forward/ CF as well. I think not utilizing the partnership between him and Lewandowski was one of the biggest mistakes this season. Something that was proven to be so Lethal at BVB.

With Guardiola's system of play, we really castrate players like Gotze creative players who need freedom to do their own thing, freedom to be unpredictable. I really fear for his future at the club under Pep. I predict a big fall out with Pep and a transfer request if he isn't played correctly next season.

Robben: 9.5

Robben is just Robben, Superb in every way and a true example of what happens when we give players like this the freedom they need to do their thing. We relied on him too much though and when he was out we suffered that creativity, Width and Danger going forward. We need at the least decent back up wingers and Fast! Would have been a 10 if he didn't miss a couple of the biggest games of the season. Another Contender for Player of the season.

Ribery: 6

Was injured alot, had a few average performances and some not great ones inbtween. Seemed always tired and worn out on the pitch lacking raw pace and the ability to keep going, still there was glimmers when he showed us he's still got it. Sadly a Player we truly do need to think about getting a world class replacement. A 6 due to injury

Thiago: 7

The only long term injury i felt confident in giving a High Rating too. When Thiago came back you wouldn't have thought he had just spent a season out injured, He was a breath of fresh air and creativity when he came back and really made the difference going forward when we were missing Robben. He was the difference in a a lot of games he played in. Pep needs to give Gotze the same space and creativity he gave his Barcelona Love Child. A saviour in a horrible situation. I would give him a higher rating however I don't think thats fair given how few games he played

Forwards

Muller: 9

Ever dependable, ever engaged, ever Bavarian. (I don't think I could put it better than this so i copied it)

Lewandowski: 7.5

Took a while to adapt to a system that he really wasn't used to playing in, and to adapt from being in the limelight when attacking. I have to say I have the up most respect for Lewandowski when things were not going his way and he was facing all sorts of stupid Media Criticism he kept his head up and proved them wrong! I think in the later stages when we had to be central due to lack of wingers, he was given a similar role to what he was used to at BVB and oh man did he show why we need him to play that role. I think like Gotze though once we are injury free again he will be a player that is underutilized and held back by the Guardiola System, No space for creativity and freedom (unless you're Robben who does it anyway) . As i said under Gotze i think one of the mistakes of this season was not playing Gotze and Lewandowski properly. I hope he has proven to Pep how he needs to play him and we see more of it next season.

Green (Dishonourable Mention): 2

What happened to Jullian Green!? After the WC and last season he was a player like Hojbjerg who we had such high hopes for. It seems like his Loan to HSV was a complete Disaster, I mean he couldn't even get into a team who lets face it were one of if not THE worst team in the league this season. Another loan next season and hopefully a lot better one where he gets to play! Perhaps in 2. Bundesliga where he will shine more against weaker opponents.
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 am

Who should stay at Bayern and who should go | Bayern Central [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Mon May 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Sometimes I don't understand all those ratings, probably they come just off the cuff depending on personal liking or disliking of certain players.
10 - is perfection and nobody this season achieved error free season. The rating of the players should not vary too much from club rating, maybe .5 point in plus or minus, maybe except GK.
Bayern rating for this season to me: BL - 102 points available, 79 in reality so rating 79/102=7.8 + 0.25(title)= 8.05
Cl - 39 points available, 25 in reality, rating 25/39= 6.4+0 (no final, no title)=6.4.
Overall (6.4+8.05)=14.05/2=7.02.
Also I don't understand how player missing for 1/2 season can get very high rating, it's something like situation when the guy played 1 game and scored 1 goal so his average is 1 goal per game/per season.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Korab wrote:Sometimes I don't understand all those ratings, probably they come just off the cuff depending on personal liking or disliking of certain players.
10 - is perfection and nobody this season achieved error free season. The rating of the players should not vary too much from club rating, maybe .5 point in plus or minus, maybe except GK.
Bayern rating for this season to me: BL - 102 points available, 79 in reality so rating 79/102=7.8 + 0.25(title)= 8.05
Cl - 39 points available, 25 in reality, rating 25/39= 6.4+0 (no final, no title)=6.4.
Overall (6.4+8.05)=14.05/2=7.02.
Also I don't understand how player missing for 1/2 season can get very high rating, it's something like situation when the guy played 1 game and scored 1 goal so his average is 1 goal per game/per season.

Opinions.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion