You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The goalkeeper situation

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Does Kahn has a good subistitution in Bayern

Postby Marko » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:54 am

I think that Bayern has a really serius problem with goalkeepers,cause Kahn hasn't got so solid subistitution on goal. Now is all right,but when he retires,who'll be firist goalkeeper!? Last year Franz was talking somthing about bringing Hilldenbrand in Bayern,but now nobody is talking anything about this. Or have I miss something?
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:32 pm

we have rensing (he is a great talent) and he can replace kahn successfully :!:
he is playing for germany u21, and if im not wrong he played some matches last season for fcb :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Marko » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:42 pm

Yes,you're right,but don't you think that he is unexperient,I mean he wasn't play a lot and he is too joung for CL!
But,he'll be great after few years!
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby kevh26 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:59 pm

too young for CL????

the only reason AC Milan got a 1-1 at the allianz arena last season was through a penalty, he made two fantastic saved from sheva, and never lost his composure once... that's at 21, imagine how he'll be when he's 27-30 and heading for the prime of his career!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:46 pm

Yeah we're fine with Rensing ^_^

Who comes after Rense though? I've never heard anything about the 3rd goalie. Wow it must suck to be the third goalie.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:00 pm

The 3rd goalie at the moment is Bernd Dreher, who's also the goalkeeping coach. He will retire soon as a 3rd goalie, and would most likely be replaced by Thomas Kraft, a young keeper who we have in the reserves.

I have a lot of confidence in Rensing. He could grow to become even bigger than Kahn.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:08 pm

:arrow: when is kahn gonna retire?
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:22 am

Kahn's going to retire in 2008, around the same time as Lehmann.

Rense is an excellent goalie. Complete faith in him as starting goalie once Kahn's retired.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern_rox » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Rensing is one hell of a goalie!!!! :D He made some fantastic saves yest for the german U 21 team....He has also shown his class in champions league games for Bayern..
bayern_rox
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:00 pm

true, the saves he did were simply exceptional.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:24 pm

MUTU wrote:The 3rd goalie at the moment is Bernd Dreher, who's also the goalkeeping coach. He will retire soon as a 3rd goalie, and would most likely be replaced by Thomas Kraft, a young keeper who we have in the reserves.

I have a lot of confidence in Rensing. He could grow to become even bigger than Kahn.

Kraft is supposed to be the best goalkeeping talent ever... there's even talk that he would overtake rensing in three or four years time!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:03 am

Never saw a video of him. Where did you learn that he's such a great talent?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern_rox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:30 pm

Is kraft a bayern reserve??
bayern_rox
Getting the hang of it

Postby kevh26 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:51 pm

MUTU wrote:Never saw a video of him. Where did you learn that he's such a great talent?

a few sources actually, the first i heard of him was when I saw an interview with dreher on eurosport about 18 months ago... shortly after he played a first team match last season... he basically said, that he isn't really needed by the club, because of Kraft, but he's there for the team etc etc

second was an interview with either hoeness or sepp maier on the official website a while ago when he was mentioned...

and uefa.com have had several little articles about young talent in europe and his name springs up a bit.

just wait for football manager 2007 to come out (20th) he'll be great, as will rensing
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:02 am

Rensing is the freaaaking goalkeeper , i mean com'on folks we have seen this boy playing and he deserves more than a sit in the bench ..kahn is awesome his just still a power still the leader he is THE COLLOSUS of bayern he always was the spirit ..his unique ..i really think we all admire what he contributed to the team and a place in the board next year will be the best thing. The master leaves and the studebt takes over , Rensing is what we all want !
GOOOOO Rensing !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion