You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The goalkeeper situation

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The goalkeeper situation

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 pm

I don't worry about GK anymore... Only problem is our bad games, constant missed 100% chances, unmotivated & scared players... Kraft, Neuer of someone 3rd will strenght us in future, there is no doubt. But our game and tactic is major problem. :| :roll:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby shileno » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Our board are always taking the easy [read cheapest] way out.

And if we dont qualify for CL next season [God forbid] you will see Neuer, Coentrao and maybe Hummels comming in the summer.

In that way I prefer to not make it. Still, I believe we'll have a tough time reaching CL next season but we'll do it. About this year CL, everytime I see Bayern and Inter my concern grow, they're becoming the same team of last season, and we're do it the opposite :|
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 am

PNP, a German newspaper, put out a feature with reader opinions regarding who should be the goalkeeper of FC Bayern. It seems that many are in favour of Kraft.

Source: http://www.pnp.de/sport/artikel.php?cid ... t=sp&BNR=0
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:54 am

Coach Louis van Gaal (59) "I'm not so pleased with it."
Particularly a scene in debt in a corner of the force employed, the coach: "He was uncertain and he did not anticipate the situation
http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/ ... -gaal.html
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Van Gaal's Big Mouth doesn't stop at all

I miss a peacy weak in Bayern without criticism from one person to another :x
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 am

Kraft has been a bit shaky in the last two matches (Pokal and BL). It might not show on the scoreboard but some of his positioning is questionable, especially on set plays.

I know some guys here want to give the kid a try but this is FC Bayern, not Cottbus. Our GK needs to be a take charge guy, with great skill, great vision and a leader on and off the field. Outside of bringing Kahn out of retirement I only see one logical choice, Neuer.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:49 am

nur4bayern wrote:Kraft has been a bit shaky in the last two matches (Pokal and BL). It might not show on the scoreboard but some of his positioning is questionable, especially on set plays.

I know some guys here want to give the kid a try but this is FC Bayern, not Cottbus. Our GK needs to be a take charge guy, with great skill, great vision and a leader on and off the field. Outside of bringing Kahn out of retirement I only see one logical choice, Neuer.

+3 karma. I agree completely, and actually think he's been shaky in every match he played. He does seem to ride his luck though, but that's not going to last forever.
PS: cool signature :wink:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 pm

nur4bayern wrote:Kraft has been a bit shaky in the last two matches (Pokal and BL). It might not show on the scoreboard but some of his positioning is questionable, especially on set plays.

+!
Wise words from our experienced pal, nur4bayern.... =D> =D>
I must admit Kraft is a good keeper.... but good is not enough at Bayern.... never have been....

p.s. His last sentence should be a lesson for Element... :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

dambun wrote:p.s. His last sentence should be a lesson for Element

Yes , Actually i have learned A Lesson

There are more dreamers in the world that you could imagine

thanks Dambun for reminding me of that
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby shileno » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 pm

When was the last time a GK made such great saves (including a penalty) in two matches? Let's give him some time and then judge. I've seen Neuer doing worse mistakes than the ones Kraft did.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm

shileno wrote: I've seen Neuer doing worse mistakes than the ones Kraft did.

This sentence should be a lesson for Dambun :mrgreen:
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

dambun wrote:

+!
Wise words from our experienced pal, nur4bayern.... =D> =D>
I must admit Kraft is a good keeper.... but good is not enough at Bayern.... never have been....

p.s. His last sentence should be a lesson for Element... :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.

Others are saying we should give him a chance, well, isn't that what he's getting right now? A half season to prove himself worthy of becoming our Nummer Eins (number one) Let me spin this idea for a moment...if it was you having a once in a lifetime opportunity, would you seize it and take ownership of it and excel or would you just assume the job's all yours and cruise? I know what I would do and that's what young Herr Kraft must do.
Last edited by nur4bayern on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:33 pm

shileno wrote:When was the last time a GK made such great saves (including a penalty) in two matches? Let's give him some time and then judge. I've seen Neuer doing worse mistakes than the ones Kraft did.

I give him that he saved that penalty...but he was also lucky during that match...goal that would cost him his starting berth and send him back to FCB II was disallowed.
He had a lot of luck against Achen when their strikers didnt take advantage of his bad decision making.

Let's see if he improves...

But I have a feeling he is not that "cold" as everybody thought he is...I always have a bad feeling when there is a cross or a set piece...the same feeling I had when Rensing was in goal.
He isnt handling all that pressure well. While other top GKs could handle that pressure when they were 18 years old. Neuer, Adler, VDS, Casillas etc...and they all played important matches in CL and in their domestic championship.

I just hope he does not costs us important pointsin BL and that we dont get knocked out of the CL because of him.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby raz25 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Kraft's got some crazy reflexes, something that Butt lacks, but every time there's a high ball coming in our penalty area it feels like he's 1,6m tall and without having any good headers in our starting 11 we are basically just counting on his luck in CL. Despite all this I think he should start in the match against Inter as Butt sucks big time in CL anyways.

I'm not mentioning the probability of losing points in the BL because of him (100% going to happen at some point) because our aim is the 2nd place and we are just too good not to achieve at least that.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby Koma » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:49 pm

It seems to me that people on this forum aren't to keen on homegrown players. Ottl and Kraft are under heavy critics here. I understand those about Ottl, he is not that good player but he is good backup and i am more then glad that we have another homegrown in our team, even in substitues.
Now, about Kraft, I think that you guys are to hard on him. He is young goalkeeper in big big team, he feels the pressure and he needs more confidence. He played good since he became our number 1, ofcourse he had some mistakes, as any other GK does, especialy someone young like him, but as I said, when he gains some confidence and some games in his hands, he will be top player. Another big + is that he is our academy boy, that is big achievement in these days when money rules the football world.
Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion