You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The German Question

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The German Question

Postby Roonzil » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:42 am

Jorge wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Jorge wrote:Kroos continuous to be a better player than Thiago

I disagree

Based on................?

Legit LOL @ you pointing at their price tags

Didn't know Pogba was the best player on the planet.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Jorge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

Roonzil wrote: Legit LOL @ you pointing at their price tags

Didn't know Pogba was the best player on the planet.

Pogba's purchase has nothing to do with earned valuation tracked by Transfermarkt, otherwise Manchester United would have paid 55M instead of 105M. That was his valuation at the time.

If you want to engage in a serious discussion you need to be serious about it.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:19 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Same noobs that say kroos>thiago

Say Cristiano > Messi.

Over the past 3 seasons, Cristiano has won 2 Champs league being invisible in both and injured in Portugals Euro 2016 win vs France.

If people say,
Modric and Verratti>Thiago, there a good argument for it. KROOS? I dont see it. Kroos is a better deadball passer though and has a wicked shot. However, outside of that, I dont see anything Kroos is better than Thiago at.

In spain, regarding Cms, I value Rakitic over Kroos

Again you are going on the tangent here. Today (2017) Thiago could be comparable to Kroos but as some said they are different players, in different teams and different leagues and for a reason Kroos' valuation is much higher and has accomplished more being an important component of those teams. Anyone who watches RM will tell you how influential he is.
The only thing that relates to this discussion: in 2014 when Thiago was doubling Kroos's wages he was a few miles behind at least as a proven player on the field. Using the same standard if Gotze was overvalued, Thiago was as well.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 am

Jorge wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:Same noobs that say kroos>thiago

Say Cristiano > Messi.

Over the past 3 seasons, Cristiano has won 2 Champs league being invisible in both and injured in Portugals Euro 2016 win vs France.

If people say,
Modric and Verratti>Thiago, there a good argument for it. KROOS? I dont see it. Kroos is a better deadball passer though and has a wicked shot. However, outside of that, I dont see anything Kroos is better than Thiago at.

In spain, regarding Cms, I value Rakitic over Kroos

Again you are going on the tangent here. Today (2017) Thiago could be comparable to Kroos but as some said they are different players, in different teams and different leagues and for a reason Kroos' valuation is much higher and has accomplished more being an important component of those teams. Anyone who watches RM will tell you how influential he is.
The only thing that relates to this discussion: in 2014 when Thiago was doubling Kroos's wages he was a few miles behind at least as a proven player on the field. Using the same standard if Gotze was overvalued, Thiago was as well.

THiago was playing at barcelona before he came to Bayern. He wasn't some young random player playing on a scrub team,. He was captain of the youth Spain team and also should of made the Spain national team for the Euros 2012 and World Cup 2014, if it wasnt for his constant injuries.

Kroos is valuated higher than Verratti too..... According to transfermkt. Even thought Verratti is significantly better and younger.
Anyone that watches Real madrid knows that MOdric and Casimero are more important than Kroos is to RM. Kroos is an easily replaceable player. SHit, Bayern has won 2 league titles with ALONSO instead in his decline and number 3 in a few more months...

Thiago was already proven to Pep. Gotze came from Dortmund under a different manager with a different skillset.

THIAGO skillset was already intune with pep.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:39 am

If you ask any Madrid fan, they will clearly and unambiguously tell you that Modric is their most important player. He is the one keeping Madrid's heart beating.

In 2013-2014, when both were here, it was pretty obvious that Thiago was the more important player. Our decline that season came exactly when Thiago got injured. That's when we lost our clarity and the dreaded U-shaped passing pattern emerged. Our best form was probably when we played a 4141 with Lahm at the base of MF and Thiago-Götze in front.

All of that does not negate that the board should have given a better salary to Kroos. He is a footballer whose style I don't like, but I still recognize that he is an extremely talented MF. That being said, if I'm given a choice between him and Thiago, I'd take the Spaniard every time even disregarding the way he left us and what he said after.

Kroos is a role-player. Another piece of the puzzle, and a fine piece at that, but Thiago is a player you build around. Thiago is a star. A centerpiece.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:09 am

Oh man, I seriously pity registas. Never ever get the appreciation they deserve. What the hell do Busquets, Alonso and Pirlo do? Just make 5-yard passes and spray the occasional long balls I guess.

You don't build teams around a Thiago player, he's an executioner. The Kroos player decides who gets to execute. In Madrid, he decides whether Ronaldo gets the through ball or if Bale's in the better position so he passes it to Modric who will shift it towards the right flank. All these marquee players are at his mercy. And Casemiro? Bloody hell give me a break. Boring old traditional destroyer, you can replace him with Matic, Kante, Javi Martinez, Luiz Gustavo, Schneiderlin, you'd get the exact same result. Name a player who can do what Kroos does. He's like a cross between Busquets and Xavi, perfect conductor. And stop comparing with his pre-2014 level ffs, shows you haven't watched him for 2 and a half years. This guy's the best at what he does.

Also only idiots would claim Ronaldo > Messi.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:22 am

I think that Verratti would be the most complete midfielder if he was only a bit taller... Schweini in his prime was the ultimate midfielder. :(
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:27 am

2011-2014 Schweinsteiger by far the most complete and perfect midfielder I've ever seen, made Ballack look shit. If you want to see something slightly similar today, although no one gets quite that close really, watch Koke.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:34 am

Except koke plays as a side midfielder. Rarely ever plays in a 2 man midfield

Shows how much u know
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:37 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:made Ballack look shit

I don't like that part... he was one of my favorite players ever. :roll: Even if he betrayed us, I couldn't hate him and felt bad for him that he missed the 2010 WC.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Except koke plays as a side midfielder. Rarely ever plays in a 2 man midfield

Shows how much u know

Maybe someone like LvG would play him like Schweini...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 am

Haha no, he's played about two thirds of his games this season as a double-pivot with Gabi or Saul, including one of the CL group ties against Bayern. But you'd know that if you watch Bayern, let alone other matches. Try watching football, it's a lovely sport.

Besides, even if he does play as a wide midfielder, his qualities and profiles are still very much the the closest we can get to prime Schweinsteiger. They're comparable. However, I do understand if your limited mind is only capable of judging a player merely by his nominal position alone. I agree that FIFA is a great game, but try to not let it influence your understanding of football.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:47 am

JANCKER wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:made Ballack look shit

I don't like that part... he was one of my favorite players ever. :roll: Even if he betrayed us, I couldn't hate him and felt bad for him that he missed the 2010 WC.

Sorry man :P Guess Schweini to the current generation is kinda what Ballack was to the previous one.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Jorge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:You don't build teams around a Thiago player, he's an executioner. The Kroos player decides who gets to execute. In Madrid, he decides whether Ronaldo gets the through ball or if Bale's in the better position so he passes it to Modric who will shift it towards the right flank. All these marquee players are at his mercy. And Casemiro? Bloody hell give me a break. Boring old traditional destroyer

I myself watch a lot of La Liga and most here don't have a clue about what they are talking about: Casemiro over Kroos? And Modric, he and Kroos supplement each other, Modric is the more mobile of the two, Kroos is the guy who exhibits a ball retention capacity like no one around, Modric is the one who transports and takes more risk while Kroos is the law and order orchestrator, he is not fast but covers a lot of ground and is always positioned to give oxygen to the attack unit, retains the ball, makes a pause and provide the penetrating pass through the hard to see opening, his field vision is one of the best in the world. I had heard even his opponents in Spain refer to him as having such a peripheral vision that sees who behind without looking.

Kroos as today is a more important footballer than Thiago in any team, he controls the tempo and dictates play from the base of the midfield, Thiago is the mobile midfielder that breaks through with the ball still on his feet, but if the team is having a bad day he can't restore order executing a tactical plan based on structure, he will try it out of adrenaline. I do not believe for a second that any coach can build a team around Thiago, Pep didn't, Ancelotti hasn't.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Name a player who can do what Kroos does. He's like a cross between Busquets and Xavi, perfect conductor. And stop comparing with his pre-2014 level ffs, shows you haven't watched him for 2 and a half years. This guy's the best at what he does.

BTW, you are right on the spot but a pre-2014 Kroos was already one of the best around, you can ask Jupp Heynckes, one of the best coaches around, just watch this compilation (although any 2015-2017 is even better):

Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion