You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The German Question

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The German Question

Postby tflags » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Jorge wrote:I just feel honored that a fellow forum member started a tread from something that I said :oops: .

Don't flatter yourself Jorge, ramsej brought up the subject before. :P

I just wanted to say a subject that apparently seemed to be inconsecuential has indeed sparked three pages worth of comments in less than 24 hours.

I just opened this thread because I'm sick and tired of people defending certain players than earn more money than God while criticing those who game in and out are the headline of international press outlets and save the team from Augsburg to London.

I picked up Thiago because he scored a brace. Against Bayern. You said he didn't have any connections to Bayern? He did. He was a world class player (MVP for Turkey's UEFA U21 championship no less) and yet people didn't give him the time of day while Goetze was earning 12 million a year and making us forget Neymar.

Everytime you think Mia San Mia is more important than Més que un Club or that 40 million wasted in Germany is less important than 40 million wasted in Portugal I'll come back and repeat that the CL was won by a Dutchman sacked by Madrid assisted by a Frenchman.

My point? The slogan works for as long as those pair of shoes score. From then on, your flag is as good as mine.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:That was me.

There was another one before you... the idea was gaining momentum. :P

Really? Who would be that stupid? :^o

See @coman I told you he was (obviously) jocking ;)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 pm

tflags wrote:
He was a world class player (MVP for Turkey's UEFA U21 championship no less)

World class player according to tflags :

Royston Drenthe and Markus Berg, all "(MVP for UEFA U21 championship no less)"

Thiago is a way bigger player than them. Just to say "MVP for UEFA U21 championship" mean absolutly nothing.

Btw it was 2013 in Israel.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby tflags » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Coman wrote:Thiago is a way bigger player than them. Just to say "MVP for UEFA U21 championship" mean absolutly nothing.
Btw it was 2013 in Israel.

Yes Coman, when it comes to you and Thiago, nothing means anything. :lol:

Thanks for the venue correction. It was indeed Israel.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 pm

I don't really get what this thread is about... Is it about people being biased towards non-Germans or about our club employing too much/too few Germans?

I for one am all fir Bayern employing top German players first... If there are no wc options or if an international is just clearly better - get him... All the while I see it as mandatory obligation that Bayern produce and develop youth both for our first team and the NT... They don't predominantly HAVE TO be German though... Alaba works just fine... But we NEED players for reasons of identification for both fans and new arrival players...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:30 pm

tflags wrote:You said he didn't have any connections to Bayern? He did. He was a world class player (MVP for Turkey's UEFA U21 championship no less)

Sorry but I do not see how that connects Thiago specifically to Bayern.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 pm

#12 wrote:I don't really get what this thread is about... Is it about people being biased towards non-Germans or about our club employing too much/too few Germans?

Yes but it is also about German player being "overprotected" even when they are average while critics are and hard when it comes to non-German players.

I'm sure nobody understand when Bayern sold a classy player like Contento to Bordeaux .. to buy a bad player who is Valencia and Spain U23 starter to be on our bench.

#12 wrote:I for one am all fir Bayern employing top German players first... If there are no wc options or if an international is just clearly better - get him... All the while I see it as mandatory obligation that Bayern produce and develop youth both for our first team and the NT... They don't predominantly HAVE TO be German though... Alaba works just fine... But we NEED players for reasons of identification for both fans and new arrival players...

Yes I think some people doesn't understand that, maybe because of where they are from or I don't know why, but it's just normal to want German players or Bayern-youth product before everything else IMO (at equivalent levels).

As a Bayern fan I want the more german player as possible in the squad and in the starting line-up. If I wanted spanish and south-american everywhere I chose the wrong team to support and should try Barcelona.

Same for the way we played. Tiki-taka and over-possession football. That's not what I like. It's not the football I like. Then sorry if some coach and players aren't my favorite at all because they represente this way to play.

Sorry if I want a german coach.
Sorry if I wanted a player like Sané or want Brandt and that I don't care about an average Coman since almost one year despite I'm french.
Sorry if I want a 4-2-3-1 with Müller behind Lewandowski and Thiago deeper rather than Thiago behind Lewandowski and Alonso deeper.
Sorry if I want a Bayern with at least one german midfielder to remind me some of Matthaus, Effenberg, Ballack and Schweinsteiger.
Sorry if that **** piss me off to see Müller benchwarmer, not for Thiago, but for a 35 years old player (whatever is his nationality)
Sorry if I **** don't care about your Coutinho, James, Fabregas or Oscar while we have Müller to play there.
Sorry if I rather Bundesliga player over other league players to come to Bayern.
Sorry if I want a Bayern with at least 5 german starter + 1 or 2 homegrown players in big games and not a Bayern like Real Madrid with one spanish starter and one homegrown player !

Of course it's impossible to have german everywhere but if you support Bayern and want an spanish coach playing boring football, a Müller on the bench all the time and a colombian benchwarmer to replace our offensive midfielder, I really don't understand you.

Sorry again !
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 pm

The player wearing the 6 should be playing on the 6... neither the best coach ever trusted to play him there or Carlo for some reason.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:48 am

Vos sujets de discussion sont d'un ennui mortel.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:11 am

I know, this is a **** game and we take it too far sometimes, **** it.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:13 am

JANCKER wrote:I know, this is a **** game and we take it too far sometimes, **** it.

Bayern is life and death stuff.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:18 am

The most important thing is that we all LOVE and SUPPORT the TEAM (FC BAYERN)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Bayern is life and death stuff.

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:54 pm

#12 wrote:I don't really get what this thread is about... Is it about people being biased towards non-Germans or about our club employing too much/too few Germans?

I for one am all fir Bayern employing top German players first... If there are no wc options or if an international is just clearly better - get him... All the while I see it as mandatory obligation that Bayern produce and develop youth both for our first team and the NT... They don't predominantly HAVE TO be German though... Alaba works just fine... But we NEED players for reasons of identification for both fans and new arrival players...

I created the thread. And it is about poster's bias towards German players.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:03 pm

You mean positive bias?
Cause if you ask me, most of the pro-German bias on this forum seems to come from non-Germans...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion