You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The German Question

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The German Question

Postby pyrasur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Fair play I recognize it now. But it's a different experience to mine and therefore odd :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm

pyrasur wrote:It's still weird for me to think people support a club because of a national team. When I was younger in my head the national team was like a bonus or something.

It is weird the other way around. Don't you think that Leverkusen's extensive airtime in the USA and Mexico today has to do with Chicharito, or in recent years the coverage that clubs like Fulham, Everton, Hannover or Roma enjoyed in the USA because US nationals played for those teams? Did you ever pay attention of the many Japanesse at Westfalenstadion's stands when Kagawa was rocking it?

I know this family of Bosnian origin living in my neighborhood and they all dressed Wolfsburg gear when I met them, one day they switched to Manchester City jerseys, today they hang a Roma flag over the front door, don't you think it has to do with a player named Dzeko? Hard to believe that club and player support has nothing to do with nationalities.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Everybody is like he is.

We saw everything on a forum.

Bayern fans wanting spanish players and spanish coach out because they change the way we played.
"Bayern fan" wanting Müller sold because of 8 bad/average months while non-german player can be average for more time and see as god.
Bayern fan with a french player as nickname and asking all the time for Bayern to send him back to Juventus and take another player instead.
Bayern fans having doubt on Ancelotti and others saying he is the right man.
Bayern fans who rather Götze to Thiago because the first is german.
Bayern fans who want Özil and others saying he is shit.
Bayern fan saying Douglas Costa is shit, others saying he is great.

We also have our own nationality. As a french I love to have some french player in here Bayern, but I won't ask for some average french player to come here. Some of you did this here.

Let's take the Thiago exemple because I and 2 or 3 other people have doubt about him. I see him as an overrated player in european big games, kind of a spanish Özil, and I'm glad he made a great 2nd half against Arsenal, because his first half was just awful, only Douglas Costa was worse IMO.

After this game against Arsenal Thiago gave all his "fan" right and 3 or 4 wrong. Some people enjoyed this like Bayern winning the UCL. Still, it was an average Arsenal and what if the next game give this 3 or 4 fans having doubt about him have right ? It's normal to have different opinion and to like players more than others. And it's also chamber others when they have wrong. I won't miss it too if I have the opportunity.

Imo, somebody identified as Bayern fan who ask Bayern to sell Müller is a 100 times worse than guy saying Thiago isn't a big european games player. And I don't see anybody create a thread to complain about that :wink:
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby pyrasur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Hey I get it now, national teams are a way for foreign fans to find a club. To support for a little while at least. Still think your Bosnian fans should hang a Bosnian flag, since it doesn't really seem like they were actual Man City or Roma fans. Does that make sense? Like if there's no actual love for the club, and you are just there for certain players, there's really not much of a true relationship between that individual and the club.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Coman wrote:Imo, somebody identified as Bayern fan who ask Bayern to sell Müller is a 100 times worse than guy saying Thiago isn't a big european games player. And I don't see anybody create a thread to complain about that

Do you need one? It feels like you need one :D
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:51 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Coman wrote:Imo, somebody identified as Bayern fan who ask Bayern to sell Müller is a 100 times worse than guy saying Thiago isn't a big european games player. And I don't see anybody create a thread to complain about that

Do you need one? It feels like you need one :D

Useless, not here to create a war.
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Most people are front runners... So
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 pm

That's what I call one bigass strawman you put in there.

Has anyone really said Bayern should sell Thomas? That person should just be banned.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:That's what I call one bigass strawman you put in there.

Has anyone really said Bayern should sell Thomas? That person should just be banned.

You already saw it because he respond to one of your post with his quote about selling Müller and you "Like it". :wink:

Of course he will probably say it was for fun or because he is angry.

Me too I'm angry about Alonso, I don't think any second what I said about him.. #hypocrisy
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Coman wrote:

You already saw it because he respond to one of your post with his quote about selling Müller and you "Like it". :wink:

Me too I'm angry about Alonso, I don't think any second what I said about him.. #hypocrisy

I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. I know someone once said something about selling Müller but I can't recall who was it. If it's on a signature, signatures are not displayed by Tapatalk so I wouldn't know.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:31 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Coman wrote:

I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. I know someone once said something about selling Müller but I can't recall who was it. If it's on a signature, signatures are not displayed by Tapatalk so I wouldn't know.

Now you remember :!:
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

My father is a Barca fan... sorry but I have to borrow this line 'how stupid must someone be' to not realize that it doesn't have anything to do with being Spanish or not.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
pyrasur wrote:It's still weird for me to think people support a club because of a national team. When I was younger in my head the national team was like a bonus or something.

Depends really. I got into Bayern through the world cup as well (and FIFA). The Bundesliga wasn't televised here at the time (and still isn't widespread nowadays) so I had no access to Bayern directly. I liked watching the German NT and found many of the same players with Bayern in FIFA. It probably also helped that Bayern was the only team I managed to beat my brother with so I kept using them In fact I only started watching games regularly about 5 years after becoming a Bayern fan due to accessibility, apart from the fact that I was very young anyway. However, I clearly remember always insisting I was a Bayern fan before that anyway, and I used to watch as many CL games as possible and eagerly await the newspaper report on Sunday to find out our result, and later used to follow Bayern through the online match reports on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same story... I found out that we were the 2000 champions from the teletext after arriving home from an exam! (For those who were not aware we won thanks to a better goal difference against Neverkusen)
The 2001drama was something similar... newspapers and the quick weakly spot on an italian tv.
Champs league was a bit different. I used to pray for an english or italian opponent so I would have better chance to watch bayern. If not I had to be happy with the extensive highlights in a programme aired exactly after the games. The presenter used to give live score updates
It was always a tense Wed or Tue... waiting for the latest scores....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:22 pm

pyrasur wrote:Hey I get it now, national teams are a way for foreign fans to find a club. To support for a little while at least. Still think your Bosnian fans should hang a Bosnian flag, since it doesn't really seem like they were actual Man City or Roma fans. Does that make sense? Like if there's no actual love for the club, and you are just there for certain players, there's really not much of a true relationship between that individual and the club.

Sorry but this reminds me a bit of borrusse who in secret he is now a bayern fan

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Depends really. I got into Bayern through the world cup as well (and FIFA). The Bundesliga wasn't televised here at the time (and still isn't widespread nowadays) so I had no access to Bayern directly. I liked watching the German NT and found many of the same players with Bayern in FIFA. It probably also helped that Bayern was the only team I managed to beat my brother with so I kept using them In fact I only started watching games regularly about 5 years after becoming a Bayern fan due to accessibility, apart from the fact that I was very young anyway. However, I clearly remember always insisting I was a Bayern fan before that anyway, and I used to watch as many CL games as possible and eagerly await the newspaper report on Sunday to find out our result, and later used to follow Bayern through the online match reports on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same story... I found out that we were the 2000 champions from the teletext after arriving home from an exam! (For those who were not aware we won thanks to a better goal difference against Neverkusen)
The 2001drama was something similar... newspapers and the quick weakly spot on an italian tv.
Champs league was a bit different. I used to pray for an english or italian opponent so I would have better chance to watch bayern. If not I had to be happy with the extensive highlights in a programme aired exactly after the games. The presenter used to give live score updates
It was always a tense Wed or Tue... waiting for the latest scores....

Wow I was watching the teletext too. It was 90' and remained like that for ages. I was really sad and refreshing the teletext constantly expecting to see FT. And then I saw it change to Bayern win
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion