You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Super Cup Final Referee Coin-Whats it worth to a Bayern Fan?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Super Cup Final Referee Coin-Whats it worth to a Bayern Fan?

Postby BRFC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 am

Hi all,

I won a big competition with UEFA to go to watch the Super Cup final as a VIP. I also gave the referee the coin before match from UEFA and then as I gift I got to keep the coin after the game!

Just wondering if memorabilia from such a game is worth much to Bayern Fans? I know it is the first time a German Club has won this competition and also the fact its the first final which has gone to penalties and the coin used twice.

I am in discussion with FC Bayern Musuem on loaning them the coin long term but a bit confused why they would not want to buy it outright?

Who would like to see it in the Bayern Musuem?

Has anyone seen any Referee coins going for sale for important FC Bayern games before?

Congratulations by the way, your support was far superior than Chelsea and you never gave up as a team on the night!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BRFC on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Super Cup Final Referee Coin- Whats it worth to a Bayern

Postby BRFC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:37 am

Anyone who wants to make a private enquiry to purchase this may PM me but no silly offers please!
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Re: Super Cup Final Referee Coin-Whats it worth to a Bayern

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 pm

I would hope that if anyone was to buy it, it would be Bayern and not a private owner.

That must have been a fantastic experience for you. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BRFC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I hope it ends up a Bayern fans hands too. I know I will not appreciate it as much as them hence why I have thought of loaning it to the musuem.

It was a fantastic experience, we were well looked after from start to finish. We also kept on bumping into the UK broadcasting team of Lee Dixon, Gus Poyet and Andy Townsend who were staying in the Hilton with us.

A once in a lifetime opportunity!
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby BRFC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:51 pm

and I also bumped into Pierluigi Collina on the night! He seemed a nice man.
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby krkla » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Try contacting Bayern, and see if they would be interested. I'm pretty sure the will be :wink:
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby BRFC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 pm

I already have and they are interested in a long term loan and putting an offer together for next week.

Surprised why they wouldn't buy it. Is it there policy not to buy but to loan instead for the museum?
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby krkla » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 am

wouldn't now, but it's the right thing to do.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby BRFC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Wouldn't entirely agree that it is the right thing to do, maybe right place for the coin it but is it right for me?

I believe it may drop in value if I chose to do a loan so not really the right thing for me financially unless it is a good offer.

Not getting a lot of feedback on here is swinging me towards just selling it to be honest, unless FC Bayern make me a decent offer to loan that I cant refuse.

I should hear back within the next couple of days and then decide where to go next...
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby lau03143 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Financially?

Was it not free to you? So it's worth now is only what someone is willing to pay?

If Bayern aren't willing to buy it, try on eBay. If no one buys it, then it's not worth anything.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby krkla » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 pm

BRFC wrote:I believe it may drop in value if I chose to do a loan so not really the right thing for me financially unless it is a good offer

When have you ever read about relatively important football memorabilia lose value over time? It's not like inflation will occur in Uefa Super Cup referee coins. If Bayern will only agree to a loan, then loan it to them, cash in, if they won't extend the loan or buy it, sell it to someone else. Getting paid twice is not the worst thing imaginable.

But from what you're writing, i know one thing for sure. You definitely didn't deserve it.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby BayernLove » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Krkla I love you.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BRFC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Yes financially,money makes the world go around unfortunately .My car is very unreliable and I need to replace it and dont at the moment have the cash to do at the moment. This would help to go towards, whichever way I decide to go.

Sometimes things are worth more when they happen and fresh in peoples minds rather than in 10 or 20 years down the line. With this coin honestly dont know, hence why I was asking for feedback who fans who would know or even turn round and say, yes I would really like to see this in the museum.

I know nothing of how well Bayern memoribilia sells on ebay, at any other auction or private purchase.
Nor do I have any knowledge of fans that may have loaned or donated an item to the museum. Guidance on this welcome from anyone who really knows.

With regards to Krkla comment of me not 'deserving' it. Why should I not be? I won the prize and I also carried out the job of handing it to the referee as directed.

I took a friend who saved my life just over 8 years ago as a way of saying thanks. He is a Chelsea fan so enjoyed the whole experience despite the end result. I also help people today, for free incidently, so maybe this is gods way of repaying me and help me get a new car?! I'll let him decide who deserves and who doesn't Krkla, so please stop trying to play god.

I have gone to the club first and Im giving them first refusal. I can't be any fairer than that.

Has anyone been to the FC Bayern Erlebniswelt museum and what do you think of it?
BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby BRFC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 am

BRFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby munichfan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Hate to break it to you, mate, but you're not going to find many people who can help you on this forum. It's an international forum and many haven't had the chance to travel to Munich.

The FC Bayern Museum (not "Erlebniswelt", it sounds so commercial :wink: ) is a truly great experience and it offers memorabilia from the early days of the club (including its founding days) up until recent successes, including cool gadgets from the recent triple. I'm sure your coin would land in a special "Super Cup" box.

You most certainly do deserve the coin and I find it great that you approached the club first, even if I know plenty of people who loaned souvenirs to the museum at no cost at all.

However, by the end of the day it's a coin supplied by a sponsor and I don't think it has as all too much value. To tell you the truth, I reckon loaning it the museum is a good idea and it'll probably get you more money in the long run (although probably not as much as you might be hoping).

Thanks for your feedback on the Bayern support, by the way. Let me respond with a snide remark: were always better than English support :D
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion