You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

So whats up with our corner set pieces?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: So whats up with our corner set pieces?

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:49 pm

We need to have someone mark the post, like Rafinha/Lahm. We also MUST practice this brutally before the Juve game. If Hamburg scored twice, Juve can score more. It is also worth noting that our last 4 goals against came through corners from Neuer's left.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby jonathan.tes » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Well, the coach HAS to work on corners... else we will end up like last year vs chelsea
jonathan.tes
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Taiwan

Postby MoFattal » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:31 pm

It's a curse bestowed upon us by the ancient Gods.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 am

Juve are good headers of the ball, they use three tall and capable in the air central defenders. This should be a priority this week for the staff.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 am

Guys, I agree we should have players on both posts BUT we also need the rest of the guys marking their opponents, one on one. Neuer's responsibility is to organize the defense and make the necessary save should something breakdown. Sh*t happens and sometimes Bayern concede on set plays but all of the best teams do that. What makes a champion is how they react to diversity. Bayern have what it takes to be BL champion, Pokal champion and CL champion. Have faith, support your team with every ounce of your being and support them unconditionally. The 12th man makes a difference.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:01 am

nur4bayern wrote:Guys, I agree we should have players on both posts BUT we also need the rest of the guys marking their opponents, one on one. Neuer's responsibility is to organize the defense and make the necessary save should something breakdown. Sh*t happens and sometimes Bayern concede on set plays but all of the best teams do that. What makes a champion is how they react to diversity. Bayern have what it takes to be BL champion, Pokal champion and CL champion. Have faith, support your team with every ounce of your being and support them unconditionally. The 12th man makes a difference.

The problem is that this shit has been happening since the 1999 Champions league final vs Man U. When does it end is what i want to know. How many times will i have to watch Bayern dominate a game but when the opponent gets a set piece they convert every chance into a goal. I understand where you are coming from but your talking like this is an anomaly or a fluke incident, Bayern almost lost a 3-1 lead to Arsenal because of a CK. I don't know what coach or what type of scheme that needs to be introduced but this problem needs to be fixed or Bayern will always risk falling short of greatness. On the plus side Bayern have become much better when it comes to scoring on set pieces. I remember in the beginning of the season you didn't even bother expecting anything when Bayern won a corner but now changes need to be made on the defensive side pronto.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Having players on the posts won't stop teams having the opportunities to score, but heck, it'll help stop a lot of these goals.

We need some sort of organization in the middle, it's something we must work on.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Here's an example from last season of where having players on posts don't work for us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f5K4CBEgIY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Though, the benefits in my opinion outweigh these risks.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby JJJ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:47 pm

In this video, they had to run out to make an offside to Dortmund players. I also have Götze in my mind saving chances every game standing there. He's like better goalkeeper than Weidenfeller.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:32 pm

JJJ wrote:In this video, they had to run out to make an offside to Dortmund players. I also have Götze in my mind saving chances every game standing there. He's like better goalkeeper than Weidenfeller.

Yeah, the downside is that if the players on the post aren't concentrating or are complacent, then you run that risk of not catching a player offside.

There's pro's and con's to all tactic systems, but I think on this occasion, the pro's outweigh the con's for having players on posts at corners.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 pm

I think that the main problem is our individual defending in that set pieces. It's ok to have one or two players in the posts but come on ! Almost every corner kick we concede ends up with a header for the other team. You just can't let the other team have that easy headers
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:31 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that the main problem is our individual defending in that set pieces. It's ok to have one or two players in the posts but come on ! Almost every corner kick we concede ends up with a header for the other team. You just can't let the other team have that easy headers

Agreed offensively it seems like the likes of Dante, Martinez, or Boateng can win headers offensively but when it comes to defense it like they are not there....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 am

I think it's more of a mental thing than anything else. When opponents put forward high crosses to their attackers, flour defenders are most often dominant in the air and able to neutralise the threat.

When the situation is a corner though, it's a totally different story. There's a limit to how much training corners can take you to. It's not like our players are not well placed. It's just they look like terrified statues during a corner, with Neuer included.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am

It's almost always easier to make offensive headers than defensive headers.

Offensively, you have momentum by being able to have a run at the ball. Defensively, it's usually a jump from a standing position.

The key to defending isn't alway in getting to the ball, it's about just getting in the way of the attacker.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 am

Exactly. So the priority should be in stopping the offensive header in the first place, not this pseudo-issue that putting players on the posts is.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion