You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Season 2012/13 Objectives

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Next Season, and what we've learned

Postby CheshireTsunami » Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 am

Well crew, here we are again. It's the end of the season, Dortmund have taken the title and Pokal right out of our hands, and Chelsea, albeit undeservedly, are now the champions of Europe. I'm still reeling at the fact that we pulled a goddamned Vizekusen, but what has happened cannot be changed.

So what do you all want to see for next year? What have we learned from this year?

I think the most important thing for Bayern to focus on next year is depth. I don't remember who it was (Effenberg maybe?) but someone said that Bayern should buy at least 9 players this season. At first I chuckled at the sheer stupidity of that statement, then I realized he was absolutely right. Robben could be scoring an own-goal a game and we would be unable to take him out simply because that would mean starting Pranjic (God, the thought). In my opinion, Bayern should be trying to get a serious potential starter in every position. Look at Madrid, Benzema in bad form? Higuain. Ozil has lung cancer from smoking so freaking much? Kaka can play. Bayern need this desperately, not only because of the late-game impact we can have, but because it forces players like Robben and Ribery to work their butts off.

Hand the captain's armband to Schweinsteiger. Before the penalty shootout against Madrid, He was the man that got them pumped. He is the best leader we have and while I love Lahm, If Bastian gets the armband, he'll step up to the challenges even more.

Focus on Dortmund. This sounds counter-intuitive, but for Bayern to get anywhere they need to end this streak of losses to Dortmund. Psychologically, this is killing them in a lot of little ways.

Lastly, BE CONSISTENT

A consistent Bayern would be Barcelona-tier.

Also, I'm not totally sure whether this goes here, so if it doesn't then...sorry? :(
CheshireTsunami
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Next Season, and what we've learned

Postby IMG343 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 am

I agree with absolutely everything you said. We need to start again, last night is was very clear we lack depth and a decent play B. I think we start from the bottom up, focus on dominating the Bundesliga and the Pokal and take it from there. We need 5-6 additional signings to the ones already made. We must find the spirit again!
IMG343
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm

I completely agree I have noticed that when Gomez has those games where he doesnt feel like scoring we have to suck it up and ride the storm its completely stupid how Bayern management has been oblivious to that i remember one game they had to play Kroos on the LW that really opened my eyes!!!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby OurDayWillCome » Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 am

CheshireTsunami wrote:Well crew, here we are again. It's the end of the season, Dortmund have taken the title and Pokal right out of our hands, and Chelsea, albeit undeservedly, are now the champions of Europe. I'm still reeling at the fact that we pulled a goddamned Vizekusen, but what has happened cannot be changed.

So what do you all want to see for next year? What have we learned from this year?

I think the most important thing for Bayern to focus on next year is depth. I don't remember who it was (Effenberg maybe?) but someone said that Bayern should buy at least 9 players this season. At first I chuckled at the sheer stupidity of that statement, then I realized he was absolutely right. Robben could be scoring an own-goal a game and we would be unable to take him out simply because that would mean starting Pranjic (God, the thought). In my opinion, Bayern should be trying to get a serious potential starter in every position. Look at Madrid, Benzema in bad form? Higuain. Ozil has lung cancer from smoking so freaking much? Kaka can play. Bayern need this desperately, not only because of the late-game impact we can have, but because it forces players like Robben and Ribery to work their butts off.

Hand the captain's armband to Schweinsteiger. Before the penalty shootout against Madrid, He was the man that got them pumped. He is the best leader we have and while I love Lahm, If Bastian gets the armband, he'll step up to the challenges even more.

Focus on Dortmund. This sounds counter-intuitive, but for Bayern to get anywhere they need to end this streak of losses to Dortmund. Psychologically, this is killing them in a lot of little ways.

Lastly, BE CONSISTENT

A consistent Bayern would be Barcelona-tier.

Also, I'm not totally sure whether this goes here, so if it doesn't then...sorry? :(

How long do you think this, well basically rebuilding should realistically take? I mean, are you thinking focus on League commitments then approach the CL in a few years?

I agree with most of your points, Schweinsteiger should be skipper.

9 players? i think thats t0o much. its confirmed there is i think 5 players exiting, so i think that same number should be applied to potential signings, and AT LEAST 1 world class player, preferably CAM or ST, or both.

Looking at our team, i for sure rank it, as a whole, the best team in the world, but that means for nothing if results in the big games dont come. If the correct players are brought in, we can first of all reclaim the league, which of course will be hard, and most of all, the CL, we must win that competition.
OurDayWillCome
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby mdm90 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:28 pm

This was a season of close misses, and not because we were comprehensively beaten by better sides, but because we failed to utilise our quality and chances.

We were in control of the league, until our slump after the mid-season break, and even after that we had a number of games where we played slow, predictable, reserved and weak football. I firmly believe this was due to poor coaching.

Next season, we will still have one of the best squads in the world, likely even better than this season after a few new signings and the departure of a few sub-par bench players. It's not as if this was our last chance of a CL final/Domestic Cup Final/League Title for a number of years.

Robben and Ribery are still young enough to play for 2-3 seasons at a high level, and we have Shaqiri coming to plug any shortcomings and enhance competition for a starting position. Gomez is still young, although we without doubt need a striker of a different style to complement him. Mueller and Kroos of course speak for themselves, young and talented.

Where we are still somewhat susceptible is defence- but once again, young and only going to get better, especially with Alaba. Neuer has proven to be a god in the goals.

Now this leads of course back to our tactics, and Jupp, the man who has taken us so close to a treble- but so far. Our season has had its moments, including our clean sheet streak, all the way through to us being humiliated by Dortmund in the Pokal.
I think we need a Plan B- where wingplay, poaching, and SLOW-STEADY build-up does not exist. We have the players and quality for sure.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm

I think by adding more depth to our squad our tactics can only improve because you have to admit Jupp cud not do his job this season. He had no one on the bench he could rely on to change the tempo of a game when things were going wrong.....when i think about it i think he started moving Muller to the bench so he could have a trump card in case of emergencies, but either way next season with our new signings especially if Bayern get two new strikers we are going to have a much more flexible 4-2-3-1 where changes can be made when Gomez cant find the net so we bring in an extra striker to play with him or when Robben is...well being Robben we take him out put in Shaquiri and let him make plays =D>
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby München Minded » Tue May 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Bayern will probably come out and say that we need to focus on the "bread and butter" and try and win the BL and Pokal, after what happened this season, and even last season. Whether Bayern comes out and says that they gave up the BL and Pokal for the CL or not, its obvious they did. We literally threw everything away and once again thought we had the upper hand in a CL final to win it. It is amazing how if we won the CL, then everything would have been perfect (and Bayern would be saying how they only focused the CL) -- yet by losing it is a disaster season and we are trophy-less again. I think that this season we still could have won the BL and Pokal -- as we were far enough ahead of dortmund at one point in the second half to pull it off, but hindsight is 20/20. Next season I would love to make the CL, and I think we can, especially where we have a decent backup to Robben in Shaqiri or even using Shaqiri as CAM. Also with our defensive reinforcements. We aren't selling vital players, and are adding quality ones, so with depth we may be able to win at least a double.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I firmly believe Madrid will win the CL next season. But I just as firmly believe that Bayern will be 2014 CL winners. The first year ofd FFP will take its toll on many of the top teams and Bayern should capitalize.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby OurDayWillCome » Thu May 24, 2012 11:40 am

Realistically, what are your main objectives/hopes for the coming season?

Winning the league alone? Cup? CL?

Or should we be focusing on consistency in the league, beating the likes of Dortmund regularly & having good new signings to help us.

Season is still a while of, but from here, what are you hoping for....
OurDayWillCome
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby BayernLove » Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 pm

The Pokal maybe this season,next league,then CL. I wanna slowly build up consistency and win one title,the other, then another.
With a stroke of luck the league title then the CL? So many possibilities, it's hard to guess, after all, this is football!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Season 2012/13 Objectives

Postby Element » Thu May 24, 2012 12:25 pm

top 3 Bundesliga
dfb pokal winners
champions league winners (**** they owe us that one)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Thu May 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Bundesliga, DFB Pokal and CL ! :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu May 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Bundesliga and nothing else. Even Pokal isn't so much important to me for next season.

I want that championship title back, players owe us for last 2 seasons, specially this one where 1st leg was very good, but the second leg(specially the begining) avarage.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Thu May 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Yeah, same. We need the BuLi title, and a good run in Europe can't hurt.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Cathe » Thu May 24, 2012 2:58 pm

This is what I really want for us next season:

*Bundesliga win
*Beat Dortmund

Ideally i'd love a pokal win and cl win too but if that can't happen then I will settle for going quite far in both.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion