You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robben, Ribéry, Alonso, Rafinha, Badstuber contracts

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Robben, Ribéry, Alonso, Rafinha, Badstuber contracts

Postby coolguycosta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Robben : Give him a new 3 year deal, move him to CM

Ribéry : Top 3 players in our club's history, give him a 3 year deal to see his career out

Alonso : Take him round the back of the shed and put a bullet in him, every dog has his day but Alonso's came about the early-mid Cretaceous Period

Rafinha : Don't care

Badstuber : Release, not good enough anymore and we already have far too many CBs ahead of him in the pecking order (Boateng, Hummels, Alaba, Martinez, Kimmich, Lahm or Thiago if need be)

Green : Only renew is he plays 10 games or more

Starke : Who?
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Robben, Ribéry, Alonso, Rafinha, Badstuber contracts

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Robben and Ribery: the decision to extend should be left to them. We should put an offer on the table for both, possibly with a pay cut, but be clear that we're looking towards the future and they shouldn't expect to start every game. Of course, they could still end up being the superstars of the season in which case we should extend at all costs.

Alonso: if he keeps the current form, extend by one year. He seems to be doing better under Ancelotti. However, I suspect he'll want to retire.

Rafinha: depending on how Ancelotti views Kimmich, but from what we've seen of Kimmich this season I lean towards extend.

Badstuber: only extend if he stays healthy all season AND plays regularly and well. Most probably we should release him.

Starke: his choice really. I'd like to have him stay but he is not important and is easily replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MiaSanFCB » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:54 pm

First of all, It is important to say that we need to make this transition slowly, so neither to renew all the contracts nor let all of them to leave next season are good choices in my opinion.

Franck Ribery: RENEW: He seems to have rejuvenated under Ancelotti, and every time I see him play even I realize how far away Costa and Coman are from reaching his level, we should keep him as much as we can, not only because I think we haven't found the right replacements for Robbery yet but also because he is a leader in the squad. A one-year deal is the best option.

Arjen Robben: RENEW: We have seen how important is to have a guy like Robben when the most important part of the season arrives, he scored an important goal against Juve last season and he was on fire in the 2014/15 season until he got injured. Nevertheless, he has been struggling with injuries more often than never for the past two seasons, you just need to check how many knockout-stage matches he has played in the UCL the last 2 seasons, 3 out of 12 matches. So it's a difficult decision, I would go for a one-year deal with a considerable pay cut because I believe his quality could still be a factor in the UCL.

Holger Badstuber: NOT SURE YET: Probably the most difficult choice out of the seven players who have their contracts expiring next season, he is one of the most loved players by the fans because he is a Bayern supporter and came off the youth team, but he has struggled with injuries for almost 4 years now. When he is fit he has shown to be a more than reliable option. He is about to comeback, but will he be able to stay fit for more than 4-5 weeks in a row? I would wait until the end of the season to make a decision on him and see whether he can play at least 20 matches this season. Even if has to retire due to injuries or the board decide not to offer Badstuber a contract extension, I'm 100% sure Bayern won't let him down, they will find him a job in the team as we have made with many former players.

Xabi Alonso: DON'T RENEW: He has contributed with some quality goals here, however, he is not getting any younger (will be almost 35 at the beginning of the next season) and physically he can't play at this level anymore. I think we all agree he's being exposed more and more often even in Bundesliga matches. Kimmich is ready to take over his place but we still should be looking to sign someone with a similar gamestyle. It's a pity we didn't have him at his peak.

Rafinha: DON'T RENEW: Many people don't like him, but he is a very reliable back-up player and has had to impose himself on this team with different coaches in order to get minutes. He is a hard-working guy and I think he has made a good job as a backup. That being said, he will be almost 32 by the end of the season and Lahm is retiring the following season so It's time to start scouting some young players now and sign one the next preseason (which won't be easy since there are not many promising right backs as far as I know). It will be much harder to replace both right backs in the same season. Kimmich has done a good job as a RB and could cover us in the meantime but I still prefer him playing as midfielder.

Julian Green: DON'T RENEW: His inclussion in the first team was probably a marketing move or at least that is what I prefer thinking. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to explain what Ancelotti sees in him, he simply is not good enough for Bayern, maybe could be a starter in some mid-table team in the Bundesliga or in other league. I admire his determination of trying to make It at Bayern, though.

Tom Starke: DON'T RENEW: I don't know what he is still doing on the team, he is not playing any role on the team. He planned to retire last offseason but Bayern offered him a new contract. What for? When was the last time he played an official match? Not even Ulreich, our second option, played more than two matches in the whole season. We can perfectly use one of our young goalkeepers as 3rd option and give them some hope that they can make It to the senior team some day.

Sorry for my english :oops:
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby kod2600 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:05 am

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Xabi Alonso says Bayern could be his last club as a professional footballer [Marca]

"I think Bayern will be my last club. While my mind and body can bear it, I want to keep playing at the elite level."

"New contract? I don't know. I'll see what I feel or whether the club sit down with me to discuss continuing or taking another path."

"To win the Champions League with Bayern is a dream for me, a great aim that I hope I can achieve."

"At Real, we lost 3 straight semi finals under Mourinho then won the cup with Carlo. I hope it will be the same this season at Bayern."
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Eurosport predictions about contracts...

Planspiele des FC Bayern mit Robben, Ribéry und Alonso: Wer verlängert seinen Vertrag? [source]

Googlish - Simulation of Bayern with Robben, Ribery and Alonso: Who will extend his contract? [source]

Bayern will offer only 1-year contracts to players over 30. Robben could be offered a 2 year contract with a pay cut.

Coman's future is in danger with players like Robbery extending. In addition Bayern are monitoring players like Gnabry and Brandt. Coman has this season to prove his worth and convince Bayern to activate the buy-out clause.

Badstuber will get a long term contract if he stays fit.

Green is questionable, has to prove more or he's gone.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Pelin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 pm

it would be huge mistake to renew with all. Probably the article is created by logic, not information.

but still l only want Ribery to stay. We should rejuvenate the squad slowly and strengthen it. We have chance and money to do it but our coach who has been horrible so far, wants to continue with finished Alonso and very injury prone Robben. Rafinha will be 32 years old when his current deal is off. We need a healthy and pacey 4th choice CB not Badstuber who can injure himself anytime. Carlo rejected gift signing and we depended on Robben, Badstuber, Alonso and we are suffering now. We could have lost more points without Kimmich goals. And we deserved to lose more. We are playing very slow football.

We can't let Carlo to ruin Bayern with his italian mentality. This is why he never got authority in his previous teams. Kalle and Reschke should take more responsibility in the deals.Otherwise, we are dead.

if he goes on like this, we will sack him at the end of the season, since l don't believe we can win the BL, let alone CL. We had an easy fixure at start. The only game that we didn't suffer was vs H.Berlin who was missing some key players.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Read the article for yourself to understand better how Eurosport came to those conclusions... because I only gave a short translation of it. I don't think that Carlo is monitoring Brandt and Gnabry or choosing to keep Badstuber. Most decisions sound like Bayern decisions. Carlo is only irritating me with Alonso...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:22 pm

So I translated it because what I posted before wasn't exactly accurate.

Simulating Bayern with Robben, Ribery and Alonso: Who extends his contract?

The Bayern Munich is planning the future. In addition to the infrastructure, a construction site is as always the squad. Many players are footballers at an advanced age, a generational change is imminent. Currently running out of contracts are eight actors. Who is allowed to stay, who should go? Eurosport.de explores the trends.

Arjen Robben, 32 years old

Currently suffering from a rib injury. His injury proneness is the only thing that the Bayern bosses could doubt in him.

The issues that concern them: Did "Mr. Wembley" pass his peak? Succeeds the "balancing act between past, present and future", as board boss Karl-Heinz Rummenigge called the upcoming contract negotiations?

That Robben will love to stay, is unquestionable. Probably even more than a year. The problem: The association to players older than 30 will offer only one-year contracts. Robben could be in for two years. Then he would probably take salary cuts.

Still waiting from both parties, calls earlier than in winter.

Trend: Robben remains.

Franck Ribéry, 33 years old

In addition to the performances on the lawn, the return Hoeness as president plays a major role. Ribéry is considered his protégé. now you have a close friendship. That Ribéry still performs, he shows it again despite his age. He still comes on the wings, dribbles past opponents and therefore can continue to make a difference.

At the same time he does not cease to emphasize how well he feels in Munich. "Maybe I'm still two or three years here," he admitted recently in an interview with "Goal". Chances are it, at least not the worst. Doubtful point is - like Robben - the duration of the next contract. That no agreement is reached, is unlikely.

Trend: Ribéry remains.

Xabi Alonso, 34 years old

He has a fine feet - and he can read the game. In central midfield the veteran is still valuable and coach Carlo Ancelotti is lucky to have him in the squad. The coach is his strong advocate.

But he also knows that to the young competitors - led by Joshua Kimmich - pawing the ground, would be taking their time and perspective away. And meanwhile Alonso often visibly deficits in readiness.

Quite possible that Alonso's loss of pace will make him end his career completely or will go to the United States. Didier Drogba, Andrea Pirlo and Kaká are already there - the MLS eventually is a good place for legends.

"I'll see how I feel and if Bayern ever again wants to chat with me. I do not know what will happen, but I don't burden myself with the thought. I have the freedom to decide and I have set no deadline, "Alonso said recently.

Trend: Open.

Kingsley Coman, 20 years old

21 million is the buy-out clause from Juventus. That he has outstanding skills and can meet the demands for a winger for Bayern, he has already shown good performances.

But Coman wants perspective: It becomes difficult for him when the top dogs Ribéry and Robben remain. A return to Juve can not therefore be entirely ruled out. In addition, Bayern for the 2017 has Serge Gnabry (Werder Bremen) and Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen) on the list. Both play on his position.

Still Coman has time to collect more arguments on the lawn itself. If he succeeds, Bayern will purchase him.

Rafinha, 31 years old

His perpetual good mood with so many players in the Bayern cabin. On the pitch he convinces as a backup for Philipp Lahm with solid performances. He knows that he has to fight for a contract extension.

Trend: Rafinha remains.

Holger Badstuber, 27 years old

He's close to a new comeback. The fans can expect this little, the central defender has a huge support, he stands with Philipp Lahm and Thomas Müller for the values and pure identification of the association. It is essential for Badstuber to also make himself sportswise indispensable. A major challenge even for someone with his positive attitude. If he comes to regular performances this season, there will be an extension - even by several years - nothing in the way.

If not, the mood could change and the patience of the club would end soon. Even with Badstuber the club is waiting first on how the situation develops.

Trend: Open.

Julian Green, 21 Years Old

It is not that he gets no chance. But so far the US youngster shone only in the preparation games. The realization that he is not enough for him for the performance level at Bayern, has solidified.

Trend: Green goes.

Tom Starke, 35 years old

The role that he has, he plays well. The third keeper behind Manuel Neuer and Sven Ulreich he fits in well, attends training, complains not, if he is not in the squad again. At Bayern, they will hold him until junior keeper Christian Früchtl is old enough to be solid with the professionals. This comes of age in January 2018th. So that Strarke may be around for a year and then finishes his career, thus seems logical.

Trend: Strarke remains.
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby German-American » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:08 pm

The thing with robben and Ribera is that we cannot rely on them anymore to start. I love them in out team, but we have to address the future, which is now! I would rather have them play their final season with us now and have less injuries than return next season to get injured every other game, us constantly hoping for them to be fit then to find out they got hurt again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:06 am

Give Green some minutes. I watched him, he can play at high levels too.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:40 am

Unless a big change happens:

Robben : no extension (I don't like to say that)
Ribery : extend 2 years to retire afterwards
Alonso : no extension
Rafinha : extend 2 years as he might be needed in the transition season after Lahm retires
Badstuber : loan or sell with buy-back option
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I have a feeling that Arjen will leave.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:44 pm

MoFattal wrote:Unless a big change happens:

Robben : no extension (I don't like to say that)
Ribery : extend 2 years to retire afterwards
Alonso : no extension
Rafinha : extend 2 years as he might be needed in the transition season after Lahm retires
Badstuber : loan or sell with buy-back option

Two years for Ribsy. A tad too much IMO.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby JANCKER » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:25 pm

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion