You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Postby German-American » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:39 am

So I heard that Rummi was in Qatar yesterday to negotiate a deal for a sponsorship with someone or company from Qatar.....kind of sad but the money could help

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Postby kevinksk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 am

so whats wrong with that?? Bayern has money but why not get more cash?? shitty Chelsea city have unlimited cash ,...more money always a good thing,..i like the idea of it
kevinksk
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:45 am

Uhhh... Oily money? I'd rather not.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:39 am

I think that's a good move. We can get a valuable investment from them and would be able to compete in the transfer market for the big names next summer. The market will be in chaos comes July because of the new EPL TV deal, as well as the other big teams (Barca, PSG, Real) having similar agreements to this. Plus. we won't be wearing "Qatar Airways" on our shirts, so I see no problem.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:53 am

MoFattal wrote:I think that's a good move. We can get a valuable investment from them and would be able to compete in the transfer market for the big names next summer. The market will be in chaos comes July because of the new EPL TV deal, as well as the other big teams (Barca, PSG, Real) having similar agreements to this. Plus. we won't be wearing "Qatar Airways" on our shirts, so I see no problem.
how sure are you? With all due respect...
For me they can go and F*** their money
Last edited by ramsej84 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 am

What are the alternatives?
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am

Bayern is owned by us the fans...
And I want to remain the same.
Once Kalle said that we would never give away the team to foreign imvestors.
I know I know this is just a BIG sponsor... But that is the first step...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14 am

That's nice and all, but in today's world we need such a deal. Otherwise, we won't be able to compete on the transfer market even with a mid-table EPL team given their TV revenues due to start next season. Our main competitors have already made such deals, so who can't we to boost our financials? If we want to be an ever-lasting dominant force, we have to follow suit. Plus, Bayern will always be owned by the fans. Any new sponsor will just have a 9% or so of shares as similar to the current system.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 am

this deal explains our yearly trips in January ...
whatever... if the club sees it as an advantage to the club so be it... but I am against it...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:16 am

I'm torn about this. On one hand it seems like we're selling our souls; on the other hand we need the money to remain competitive in Europe.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 am

Man, no one is selling their souls here. The board is just getting (presumably) a sponsorship deal from an international financially-strong company (presumably). It doesn't have to be a Munich company. Otherwise, Bayern shouldn't be considering itself an international brand. If the location is what bothers you, then that's a political issue rather than a conceptual one.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 am

I feel positive about this, if this means we are to increase our spending power ever so slightly. Sure, our squad strength despite a conservative spending is one of the big reasons I'm proud of Bayern, but it's sad that that just doesn't cut it anymore in today's market.

Costa was €30m. 30m! That's for a seemingly average player off the radar for most clubs, for whom we needn't compete for his signature. Yes he turned out big and our scouts should get credit for that, but put that in comparison with Ribéry when we bought him: bargain price for a player who was the best French talent at that time. €30m is the range of price we used to pay for Gomez, who was a much soughtafter German striker. It's more than the price tags of Ribéry and Robben and nearly twice the amount we paid for Neuer. Today, the starting bids from Premier League clubs for that calibre of players would be €50m. Even our buying clause for Coman is about the same as what we paid for each of the two legendary wingers we currently have. Who's willing to bet the next crop of Bundesliga talents like Sané, Meyer, Stendera and Süle would eventually go for under €25m?

Football's changed for the worse but we have to adapt. As arrogant as this will sound to other fans that may be reading, I was pissed when De Bruyne didn't sign for us, not necessarily because he was such an excellent player but because we just lost against City in signing the Bundesliga's hottest asset. So unless we can pull off a deal like Costa year in year out or only want players like Vidal and Alonso who are heading off from their peak level, I'd welcome an extra €10-20m in our spending budget. It's not like we're gonna spend mindlessly like City. In a given year, due to how thorough our board and scouts are in making signings, one carefully thought-out big money signing à la Javi Martinez would definitely win us the treble again.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:37 am

MoFattal wrote:Man, no one is selling their souls here. The board is just getting (presumably) a sponsorship deal from an international financially-strong company (presumably). It doesn't have to be a Munich company. Otherwise, Bayern shouldn't be considering itself an international brand. If the location is what bothers you, then that's a political issue rather than a conceptual one.

Yes, it's the location that bothers me. My opinion is that Qatar has too much connotation with corruption and questionable ongoings. This is the kind of deal that raises eyebrows to neutral fans.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:39 am

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Man, no one is selling their souls here. The board is just getting (presumably) a sponsorship deal from an international financially-strong company (presumably). It doesn't have to be a Munich company. Otherwise, Bayern shouldn't be considering itself an international brand. If the location is what bothers you, then that's a political issue rather than a conceptual one.

Yes, it's the location that bothers me. My opinion is that Qatar has too much connotation with corruption and questionable ongoings. This is the kind of deal that raises eyebrows to neutral fans.

I would have had the same reaction if the deal was signed with a Russian Co.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:42 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I would have had the same reaction if the deal was signed with a Russian Co.

I wouldn't. I don't mind Schalke having Gazprom as main sponsors, for example. Russia is a big country and you can explain how certain money comes along, but with Qatar it's questionable. I don't understand how a country with a population of a mere 2 million (4x the population of Malta) has so many companies pumping in more sponsorship millions in football than any other country in the world. It's way too fishy.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion