You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:05 pm

JANCKER wrote:And if your theory about "not growing your own apples", why the champions usually have to be the ones that spend more? These aren't Football Clubs anymore, these are some big corporations or some kinda shit like that...

Of course they are corporations as they've never been before. We aren't talking about pre-Bosman period where football was the second most important thing in the life and more than just a sport for the people but a way of life, ID with your region, city, suburb, culture, class, political ideology, religions(eg English and Scottish clubs, RKC and AC division), football players were heroes and symbols of specific places. When you visit these places, everyone in the city would know who they are and talk about them.

3-4 weeks before derbies, people would preparing themselves for them and talking about these matches like the war, the wedding, the end of the world or I don't know what else is coming.

Those times are behind us and they won't happen again. Neither the football is what it used to be nor the football players nor the new generation fans are as the older fans.

We can only remote tapes and our memories on some other times when the differences weren't extremely high. At least some people can say they felt the old football and have an experience what it represented and meant back then.

Today you can watch expendables and few football extremes like Thomas Müller. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:03 am

I saw Clark Whitney calling our deal "dirty money" and I thought about it.

This is my response:

Dirty money is money obtained unlawfully or immorally. There's no question about it: it's lawful. One might argue about morality on just about anything really, especially due to their humanitarian record.

However, one can argue in the opposite manner: should Bayern deny the highest bidding entity simply based on the country it's hailing from, that would be downright racist.

I'm not ecstatic about the deal, I wished there was a higher bidder from a country with a better 'track record', but do you really expect a club founded by Jews and persecuted by Nazis to be acting racist?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:00 pm

A club founded by jews ? Where did you get that from ?
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby harry-muc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 pm

racist? i think thats over the top. i dont want money from north korea, assad or gazzprom and so on either.
ps: not founded by jews alone, but some jews. jews were always an important part of the club and because of that we had a bad standing in the nazu time. know your club. :wink:
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:15 pm

ottackon wrote:A club founded by jews ? Where did you get that from ?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... zi-history

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:22 pm

On the club's founding charter from 1900, two out of 17 signatories were Jewish.

It doesn't exactly tell that Bayern is a club founded by jews, words have meaning.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Profesionalism was also deemed to be jewish... That is why pro footballers only started to be as such in the 60s.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Partially OT but...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:53 pm

harry-muc wrote:racist? i think thats over the top. i dont want money from north korea, assad or gazzprom and so on either.:

The fact is it's still discrimination by terms of being unwilling to do business with an entity from a specific country. That in my books is racist, but you can call it whatever you want. However, let's say you open a grocery store... you can't refuse to let North Koreans enter your store, because there's laws that stop you from doing exactly that because it's deemed, well, racist.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:07 pm

MUTU wrote:I saw Clark Whitney calling our deal "dirty money" and I thought about it.

This is my response:

Dirty money is money obtained unlawfully or immorally. There's no question about it: it's lawful. One might argue about morality on just about anything really, especially due to their humanitarian record.

However, one can argue in the opposite manner: should Bayern deny the highest bidding entity simply based on the country it's hailing from, that would be downright racist.

I'm not ecstatic about the deal, I wished there was a higher bidder from a country with a better 'track record', but do you really expect a club founded by Jews and persecuted by Nazis to be acting racist?

I agree. Humanitarian issues should be looked into on the basis of the company rather than the country.

However someone posted earlier that everything is owned by the royal family...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby harry-muc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
harry-muc wrote:racist? i think thats over the top. i dont want money from north korea, assad or gazzprom and so on either.:

The fact is it's still discrimination by terms of being unwilling to do business with an entity from a specific country. That in my books is racist, but you can call it whatever you want. However, let's say you open a grocery store... you can't refuse to let North Koreans enter your store, because there's laws that stop you from doing exactly that because it's deemed, well, racist.

not exactly, it would be racist if i would refuse a random guy, or a random company from quatar. but what i know, the airport is owned by the state of quatar, or the kings or whatever they call themselves. :mrgreen:
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:46 pm

MUTU wrote:

No my friend that is called demarketing :
emarketing may be considered “unselling” or “marketing in reverse”, which includes general and selective demarketing.[1]

Although the concept of demarketing lacks a precise theoretical definition, it refers to an attempt by the firm to discourage all or some of its customers from making purchases either temporarily or permanently. Since the initial interests in the subject area of how to market strategically in times of shortages began, different viewpoints have been offered as to how the firm should pursue demarketing [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:53 pm

harry-muc wrote:
MUTU wrote:

not exactly, it would be racist if i would refuse a random guy, or a random company from quatar. but what i know, the airport is owned by the state of quatar, or the kings or whatever they call themselves. :mrgreen:

If all companies are owned by the state in Qatar, as someone said earlier and which I haven't attempted to confirm, it sounds random enough to me.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

No my friend that is called demarketing :
emarketing may be considered “unselling” or “marketing in reverse”, which includes general and selective demarketing.[1]

Although the concept of demarketing lacks a precise theoretical definition, it refers to an attempt by the firm to discourage all or some of its customers from making purchases either temporarily or permanently. Since the initial interests in the subject area of how to market strategically in times of shortages began, different viewpoints have been offered as to how the firm should pursue demarketing [source]

It's demarketing when there is a good enough reason, such as shipping difficulties or copyright issues. Just because an entity is from a country you don't like is not demarketing. Tell you what, open up a shop in Germany and in the shop window put up a "Juden nicht geboten" sign on the window, and try to count the number of minutes that pass between the sign being put up and you ending in handcuffs ;)

It's simply not allowed to deny business with an entity due to ethnic, religious or because someone is from a country you dislike.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:01 pm

MUTU pls look at my link....
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion