You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pyro

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Pyro

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:02 am

TuHdTSV wrote:Nonetheless, I think in the history of football, no one has lit a flare when a freekick or penalty is/was about to be taken.

I remember seeing Man Utd supporters lighting flares in 1999 at the 92nd minute when the score was 1-0 and that corner was being taken... I remember laughing and saying... haha, those fans never give up, do they? :shock: (perhaps I jinxed Bayern that night :P)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 am

TuHdTSV wrote:Like all other clubs, they're selling shares, increasing ticket prices (for places in a non-traditional stadium), changing shirt colours and logos. That's just the way it is, I don't think Bayern is particularly traditional.

I understand the need to sell shares and increase ticket prices in order to increase revenue and remain competitive, but I am totally against their changing of shirt colours. We should have a shirt done that wouldn't ever change much, and create a branding. When you see a shirt with vertical stripes red and black, you instantly think of AC Milan. We've had just about any gear, they're always changing.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Rogach » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:38 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I have myself to witness it:)...It was quite clear from my angle....1 of pyro torch flew down from 3rd tier to the 1st tier...and right onto 1 Inter fan...than 2 or 3 of his friends were covering his head and his back...it looked like he was hurt by the burning flames.

maybe you were on 3rd tier [bayern fans] and you didnt see it because it was right under you...I was at the opposite end...and everyone from where I was sitting could clearly see that pyro torch flying from 3rd tier over the 2nd and right in the middle of the 1st tier onto 1 mans head/back....and than whole stadium went crazy....BUUUUU-ing:)

I was also at the game and can confirm this, it was perfectly visible from where i was sitting.
But on topic, what kind of fireworks are we talking about. In my country, mostly on derby matches people throw fireworks allover the stadium. And mostly it's not smoke torches, but bombs (i don't know the correct english word for it, maybe fire-crackers?) and it's super dangerous. This one time they threw it right next to the goalkeeper and he had to be substituted beacouse he could't hear anymore and was damaged by the fragments. And i don't know if this happened yet, but if this things goes off amog the ultras themselves, it can couse serious injuries. I mean this stuff can rip your hand off and i'm not exacurating as it happens every New Year qute often...
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm not a big fan of pyrotechnics. I don't think they really add anything to the atmosphere.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby armbrust » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 pm

armbrust:
Fantastic, your argument consists of copy-pasting an article which I also found simply by typing in "Fireworks dangerous" on Google. Just goes to show how ill-informed you are: "Colourful explosions" (as explained in the article, only the colour is created the metals, not the fire itself) most certainly do not occur during the use of pyrotechnical equipment in the form of bengal fires and smoke grenades.

Apart from that, it would be better if you were to provide the source you do your copy-pasting from.

Go on, have another go. Have you personally experienced it?

It doesnt care if i copy/paste it. Its a valid prove that fireworks are toxic.

What you are supporting are red flares, to make red flares you need lithium salts and/or strontium salts and both are toxic chemicals, so you are breaking others right to breath fresh air.

And yes i have experienced it in baseball games and its very annoying for old people and womens.
Last edited by armbrust on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby spotman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:56 pm

I have nothing against Pyro - looks real cool. As long as noone gets hurt - I don't think there's any problem with them. But you've gotta understand, they ban them because all it will take is one hot head in the ultra section to cross that line. I know that our ultras are proper dudes who would never hurt innocent people, but all it would take is one guy who "tags along" and then does some dumb shit.

You can see from my previous posts regarding schickeria and the other groups that I have NOTHING but respect for them. They are die hard SUPPORTERS... but I have a problem with ultras coming on this international supporters group with a narcissist tone in their posts. You need to respect the regular fans - get off your high horse. If Bayern only had ultra supporters and no regular fans, they'd be broke.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby OhioFan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:08 am

MUTU wrote:
TuHdTSV wrote:Like all other clubs, they're selling shares, increasing ticket prices (for places in a non-traditional stadium), changing shirt colours and logos. That's just the way it is, I don't think Bayern is particularly traditional.

I understand the need to sell shares and increase ticket prices in order to increase revenue and remain competitive, but I am totally against their changing of shirt colours. We should have a shirt done that wouldn't ever change much, and create a branding. When you see a shirt with vertical stripes red and black, you instantly think of AC Milan. We've had just about any gear, they're always changing.

I kind of like identifying the year/period of a shirt. It would be harder to do if they didn't change almost every year.
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby lau03143 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:10 pm

In Scotland, there seems to be more and more occurrences of "smoke bombs", where the "Ultras fans" set of smoke bombs. For Rangers, It's usually Red, White and Blue ones, and Celtic Gren, White and Yellow. There also has been a lot more use of Flashbangs. These are easily bought in shops, or Paintballing centres.

The Scottish stewards and Police go mental trying to find the people who let these off, ad they have started searching you going into the ground as these are still illegal and will no doubt remain so.

Fair enough about the flashbangs and pyrotechnics such as flares. But the smoke bombs are harmless, they are not explosive, and adds a bit of colour to the game!

Here are some Celtic fans setting off a smoke bomb:

and some Motherwell fans, with the stewards going mental.

who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby armbrust » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:44 pm

But the smoke bombs are harmless

If smoke bombs are harmless why people are wearing cloth in their faces?
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby lau03143 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

armbrust wrote:
But the smoke bombs are harmless

If smoke bombs are harmless why people are wearing cloth in their faces?

For the same season why you might if you stand beside someone who smokes. There's more people not covering their faces in those three pictures, and why they are legal and allowed in paintballing events.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby BayernLove » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:14 pm

I heard Breno was a big fan of these, he even tried to use them in his own house! :lol:
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby armbrust » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:20 pm

There's more people not covering their faces in those three pictures

I only need to see one person to take this as a physical assault.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby armbrust » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:22 pm

and why they are legal and allowed in paintballing events.

Maybe because everyones agrees?

But shouldnt be allowed either if the smoke reach the audience.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby TuHdTSV » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:32 pm

MUTU wrote:

I was simply stating that - behind the club's thick layer of sparkling marketing strategies (This year they're trying to make use of the phrase 'Mia San Mia' as revenue-effective as possible) - Bayern Munich is one of the least traditional clubs in the top three German leagues. Raising ticket prices and thus trying to get rid of the traditional group of football-watching citizens plays a role in that too (That being said, most ultras are middle to upper-middle class). As for selling shares... the question one has to ask is whether one wants to be successful in the short run or perhaps in a sustainable manner for the long run. Selling shares to **** Gazprom (this is planned) is NOT a way to guarantee the club's quality in five decades time.

lau03143 wrote:I'm not a big fan of pyrotechnics. I don't think they really add anything to the atmosphere.

I'm going to make a prejudicial statement which you might not like too much: In Britain (Keeping in mind that Rangers traditionally is Pro-British), there exists this idea that no other country can offer better supporters and that English/British support is unprecedented, even the best worldwide. Whenever a foreign club makes their way to the island, their supporters' loudness is explained by the completely out-sung domestic fans as the "small-club-syndrome" according to which the supporters rise and shine for the "biggest game of their lives". It's absolute arrogance and simply not true . Try Italy, Greece and Turkey and you will see that support (and yes, this includes pyro) is absolutely mind-blowing. Just because Britain traditionally never was a pyro-country (mainly because the average British football fan doesn't question the repression he/she faces - creation of all-seater-stadia, rocketing ticket prices (e.g. cheapest season ticket at Arsenal is more than 1000Pounds), and the banning of flags are just a few examples - doesn't mean it's no good!
TuHdTSV
Getting the hang of it

Postby munichfan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:52 pm

@ Armbrust:
Erm, anybody complaining about bad visibility due to pyro has probably himself to blame. The area where flares are lit are in about 95% of all cases the area where you can't see much of the match anyway, due to the large amount of flags being waved throughout the 90 minutes. It's not like flares go off on the main stand... Also, according to your theory, beer and all other alcohols should be banned at football games as they pose a medical threat to individuals. Vuvuzelas, whistles and other noise-making objects (should singing also be banned?) pose are dangerous as well - will the poor stadium goers' hearing be affected?

@ lau03143:
I don't see stewards going mental at all on the third picture. Just look like they're doing their job really ;)

I'll leave it for today with a fun fact:
There's not been a single game away from home this season, where pyro was NOT lit. No matter how many restrictions and bans come into use, this is not a "problem" that can be solved by increasing repressive regulations. Embrace and enjoy it instead, people ;)
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion