You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

POLL | Who should be the next Captain of Bayern?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who should be the next Captain of Bayern?

Neuer
57%
Alaba
No votes
Boateng
2%
Hummels
9%
Martínez
No votes
Vidal
No votes
Thiago
4%
Müller
26%
Lewandowski
No votes
Someone else
2%

Total votes : 46

Re: POLL | Who should be the next Captain of Bayern?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:And I have the impression that he does not give a lot of instructions...
He needs to talk more...
My preference remains Hummels and Mueller...
Boa comes a close third

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Neither does Lahm talk a lot...

In my opinion a captain truly shows his colours when it really matters. When you're in a hopeless situation or a once in a lifetime one. Since Kahn retired I have only seen two German players who truly inspire everyone: Neuer and Schweinsteiger. At their best moments, the moments when it really matters, these two players inspire such great confidence that even as a fan watching on TV you feel as though you can't lose, let alone their teammates. Basti in the WC final, Neuer throughout that same WC, Neuer giving his all vs Italy and that one time vs Leverkusen when everyone else had given up, Neuer in Madrid... In 2012 Schweinsteiger failed, but Neuer, although he didn't save any, kept showing confidence till the last kick.

I would be truly disappointed if he isn't made captain. Such players are very rare nowadays
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And I have the impression that he does not give a lot of instructions...
He needs to talk more...
My preference remains Hummels and Mueller...
Boa comes a close third

Neither does Lahm talk a lot...

In my opinion a captain truly shows his colours when it really matters. When you're in a hopeless situation or a once in a lifetime one. Since Kahn retired I have only seen two German players who truly inspire everyone: Neuer and Schweinsteiger. At their best moments, the moments when it really matters, these two players inspire such great confidence that even as a fan watching on TV you feel as though you can't lose, let alone their teammates. Basti in the WC final, Neuer throughout that same WC, Neuer giving his all vs Italy and that one time vs Leverkusen when everyone else had given up, Neuer in Madrid... In 2012 Schweinsteiger failed, but Neuer, although he didn't save any, kept showing confidence till the last kick.

I would be truly disappointed if he isn't made captain. Such players are very rare nowadays

I miss Basti a lot... if Alonso leaves I hope that he comes back...

Which game are you referring to vs Leverkusen?

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Which game are you referring to vs Leverkusen?

I can't recall what season it was. I think it was Leverkusen unless I'm confusing it with another game. Let me try to find a video.

EDIT: That dribble leading to a crossbar =P~
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 pm

It's on the coach to decide who will be captain... but he'll probably receive suggestions from above.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Whaaaaat
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 pm

BLUF: NEUER captain, MÜLLER vice.

Sorry about my last post (and this one for turning into an essay). Anyway, like Prasun said our opinions matter very little. The important thing is the respect in the locker room, and the locker room today isn't the same one Kahn had. The next captain has to earn that respect, and just because a person shouts a lot doesn't guarantee they get the same respect that Kahn got from the squad he led.

Going back to unimportant opinions, IF I had a choice it would probably be Neuer, with probably Müller as the vice-captain. Neuer's been here long enough to couple his leadership, maturity and status as German captain. Overrides Schalke. He is already the vice-captain. On the vice-captain side of the house, others overdo the whole seniority/identity thing, but this is one time where I think those factors make Müller the pick for vice-captain (plus wiki says he's third captain and now you may detect a pattern in my reasoning). I feel I've seen enough leaders to think I don't really care how "goofy" anyone is, every leader is different and Müller at this point is mature enough that he'd make a pretty good leader.

Maybe things are done differently at Bayern, and I don't discount that every organization needs it's own style, but in a system where there's one leader and a vice/executive leader working underneath, I think it's ideal that those two have qualities that complement. And taking Müller as the younger, more vocal partner to Neuer's more mature, quiet leadership I think would be ideal. Not that I've thought a lot about this on my day off :P

To discount others: I'd give Boateng a position first, and not to discount his leadership but from my computer I haven't seen it recently enough to remember. Hummels is after him and I think has not been here long enough to justify giving him a leadership position. Other than those I'd look at Lewy but he needs to worry about scoring. I like Vidal's crazy warrior spirit too much to curse him with responsibility of leadership. Thiago? Maybe down the road, but right now he is too young, and I like that he's unburdened and can focus on being a creator in the team.

On a side note, on American sports teams at least the squad has a large amount of input on the team captain(s). I'm curious without asking as to the degree of input the Bayern first-team squad has in picking. I mean the German national team allegedly has a player committee.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can't recall what season it was. I think it was Leverkusen unless I'm confusing it with another game. Let me try to find a video.

You can't? Pizarro? Martinez? Red shirts with golden elements? I remember that as it was yesterday when I missed that game, one of those I barely missed in 2012/2013. 29-4-1 :arrow: The only defeat that we suffered back then. :) That was a real drama of a match, specially in those last minutes of the game. Hyypiä's reactions speak for itself. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Haha I knew after the video of course, but what kits we were wearing is the last thing I would have remembered about that game before finding it :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:18 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Which game are you referring to vs Leverkusen?

I can't recall what season it was. I think it was Leverkusen unless I'm confusing it with another game. Let me try to find a video.

EDIT: That dribble leading to a crossbar =P~

ah that game !!!!!!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:26 pm

If you think its too early for hummels to be a captain then read up paul breitner!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm

According to Welt, the favorites for the captaincy: 1. Neuer 2. Muller 3. Boateng 4. Hummels
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Haha I knew after the video of course, but what kits we were wearing is the last thing I would have remembered about that game before finding it :P

Funny thing that precisely that detail helps me to recall of every season since we used to change all our kits every 2 years or from 2013/2014 every single season. :) I wouldn't be so sure about FCB's seasons that we use one model three years in row. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Coman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:02 pm

prasun77 wrote:If you think its too early for hummels to be a captain then read up paul breitner!

Breitner, Effenberg, Matthaus, Ballack, Kahn

Some kind of player/captain we will not have before a long time.

Massive character. Most of the time useful for the team.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 pm

1- Neuer
2- Boateng
3- Ribery
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:25 pm

If one would close his eyes towards not being in the team for a long time and not being German (despite speaking German fluently), can anyone give a reason as to why Vidal should NOT be amongst the leaders?

I think he's the only Bayern player who plays with his heart, every single match. He never gives up. He's aggressive and determined, and he can shake up a team when needed. He's got all the attributes one would want from a captain, but he's not blonde nor has he been promoted from the youths so he's not even being considered.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion