You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Players too honest?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Why are Bayern awarded too few penalties?

I think they receive a fair amount
No votes
I think the players are too honest
23%
I think the referees hate us
No votes
We're simply unlucky
23%
Other reason
31%
Lack of technique (dribbling inside box)
23%

Total votes : 13

Players too honest?

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:12 pm

This thread was getting off-topic, so I made it into a thread of its own:

Paddy said that Deco is a diver, but so is Ballack. I think we need someone who can take things to the limit. When other teams do it, why not us as well? I don't think any other team in the top leagues gets as few penalties as Bayern do. Why? I think that a big reason is that our players are too honest. Last Saturday I saw Pizarro being pulled from behind, losing his balance, but still kept on his feet and managed a shot, whilst unbalanced. Needless to say, the shot was weak and gave the keeper no trouble. Most other players would have fallen over and made a fuss out of it.

Paddy wrote:Yeah but I´ve seen Pizarro fall easily a couple of times.

He's generally a player who likes to stay on his feet, same as Makaay. I'd like to know what everyone's view is on the low number of penalties per match we get. I don't feel like looking up the statistics, but I believe we had just 3 or 4 penalties awarded to us last season. Especially considering that last season we won the double, meaning we won a lot of matches (which in turn suggests that we spent more time in the opponent's half than in ours), we got far less than the average team would get. So what do you think the problem is, referees?
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Players too honest?

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 pm

MUTU wrote:This thread was getting off-topic, so I made it into a thread of its own:

Paddy said that Deco is a diver, but so is Ballack.

Ballack rarely dives...But, it is true that he makes too much of even petty fouls thus getting the attention of the referee. :P...
For me, that's not diving...;)

Note: I am a blind supporter of Ballack...LOL
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:00 pm

BTW, there should be one more option.

"Players are not capable of earning penalties" :)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Do you mean trickery of getting into a situation of making the player force a penalty? If so, I still feel it's not completely ethical (it's not a gentleman's way to try and score), hence I would still categorise it under "I think the players are too honest".
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Yup...I meant the dribbling skills...to confuse the defenders...like Pizzaro did with Real Madrid..
We should have players who can keep the ball when they are in the Box..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Hmm, yeah, that could be done in a completely ethical way. Ok, I'll add such an option.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:23 am

I voted other reason but only because I think it all depends on the player and the officials, therefore I think all the reasons can be applied here.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:31 pm

But this is voting for the main reason per se. However, if you think that no reason stands out from the rest, then vote other :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:50 pm

I honestly think that dribbling abillity is not the reason. Bayern have zero dribbling.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Paddy wrote:I honestly think that dribbling abillity is not the reason. Bayern have zero dribbling.

I think you got a bit mixed up. You are right that Bayern have poor dribbling, but that means they don't end up being fouled because they're dribbling in the box. If we had good dribbling, our players would start dribbling inside the box and the opponents would panic and give away a penalty.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:16 pm

I didn´t read the question. :oops:

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:12 pm

Today we should have been awarded 1 or 2 penalties, but instead we got a yellow card. This is getting so frustrating!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:38 pm

I don´t give a ****. We had 2 shots on goal. If we can´t beat teams like that by at least 3 goals diffrence e don´t deserve to win. **** penalties.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Did anyone notice the clear penalty we had today as well? The match might have been very different indeed had Markus Merk awarded us that penalty. We'd have been able to defend and operate on the counter-attack, provided we would have scored it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:41 pm

Yet another clear penalty was denied to us today. I'm really considering doing a compilation of the clear penalties that should have been awarded to us... it's way too incredible
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion