You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Players too honest?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Why are Bayern awarded too few penalties?

I think they receive a fair amount
No votes
I think the players are too honest
23%
I think the referees hate us
No votes
We're simply unlucky
23%
Other reason
31%
Lack of technique (dribbling inside box)
23%

Total votes : 13

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:19 pm

At last, someone at Bayern dares to open his mouth.

-----
BERLIN (AFP) — Despite his team's three-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga, Bayern Munich boss Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insists the German giants are treated harshly by referees in the domestic league.

Rummenigge says referee Thorsten Kinhoefer's decision to disallow a goal by Bayern striker Luca Toni in the 76th minute of last Sunday's 1-1 draw with Werder Bremen, only demonstrates how unfairly his side is treated.

"It shows how we face a disadvantage in Germany," Rummenigge told Munich newspaper TZ after the goal was judged to have been offside.

And Rummenigge goes as far as to accuse a linesman who officiated his side's 1-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen last September of not allowing Bayern a goal through fear of reprisals by fans.

"The ball was a half metre behind the goal line and our general manager Uli Hoeness asked the linesman why he had not signalled the goal," Rummenigge told German tabloid Bild.

"The linesman replied he thought the ball had crossed the line for a goal, but he had not dared to indicate it.

"Because if you give a decision against Bayern nothing happens, but if you make a decision like that in Bayern's favour, you get a week of abuse in the media and on the telephone."

But when Bild put the issue to linesman Thorsten Schiffner, he furiously denied the allegations.

"I never said that," Schiffner told Bild.

"I will take up the issue with the German Football Federation (DFB) and my lawyer about the statements Mr Rummenigge has made."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Talking about penalties, Bayern needs to train taking them so that at least they score them when they are awarded with one !
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion