You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:22 pm

Has anyone here ever been at the Allianz Arena, Bayern Munich's stadium? Or maybe the old Olympiastadion?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Sadly no :(
When was Allianz built?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nessa13 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:07 pm

hey mark, y do u wanna no? neways io havnt been unfortunatly. :(
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby diegis » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:23 pm

Mirage wrote:Sadly no :(
When was Allianz built?

2002-2005 :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MissFCB » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:47 pm

I´ve never been @ the Olympia Stadion but i was several times @ the Allianz Arena :D the last time for the Premiere Ligapokal Schalke Bayern...but this was´t so exciting :? but it´s a incredible feeling when you stand there at night and the arena shines in red...
74,75,76 und ihr werdet alle sehen, Mailand 2001 war noch nicht das letzte mal, denn wir fahren nach Athen!
MissFCB
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:42 pm

So you see it shining when you are *inside*?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MissFCB » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:17 pm

MUTU wrote:So you see it shining when you are *inside*?

lol :D actually not... but it sure would look good :wink:
74,75,76 und ihr werdet alle sehen, Mailand 2001 war noch nicht das letzte mal, denn wir fahren nach Athen!
MissFCB
Getting the hang of it

Allianz Arena Atmosphere

Postby timroswell » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 pm

I am currently writing a dissertation on the generation of atmosphere in football stadia.

I would like to here all of your views on the atmosphere within The Allianz Arena during a game.

What are your personal experiences? E.g. Best/worst atmosphere, Best/worst place to sit for atmosphere, How would you rate it in comparison to other stadia? Are there any other issues you feel effect atmosphere?

Your input would be much appreciated.
timroswell
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Well I have never been in the Allianz Arena and I would love to be there some day.....

Talking about the atmosphere, what do you think about the broadcasting camera view/angle of the Allianz Arena. Personally, I don't like it. It is way too close and low. I prefer it to be in a bird's eye view angle but not very far and high....something in the middle.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kunzi123 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:18 pm

I was 18 times in the Olympic Stadium in Munich and 3 times in the Allianz Arena so I can say that the atmosphere is not the best in the league.

A few years ago Bayern has a very good fan group with very good supporters, but in the last years it become more boring. The reason is the new stadium, because Bayernfans are not only in the South side of the stadium, they are on the south and on the north side, they are NOT TOGETHER !!!! And we have not enough standing places. The atmosphere in Frankfurt or in Schalke is one of the best in europe. But if Bayern play in another stadium they are often louder than the home team, that´s why many GOOD FANS get no ticket for the allianz arena, so they only can visit another game.

PS: Sry for my bad english^^
Kunzi123
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mattie » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:12 pm

damn i would love to see how the atmosphere in the stadium is i always dreamed to watch the bayern players live but sucks i live in macedonia
every time when a bayern player came here due a international game i always was there i meet makaay nd hargreaves from bayern but different feeling when they play in other shirts
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Shortlist of Stadia

Postby cyberalex » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 am

I've posted this topic without previous research on whether there's an existing thread or not...
Anyway, does anyone have a link to any website showing the designs that competed with our current Allianz Arena before its adoption?

I remember seeing something like this on Bayern Website but I couldn't find it anymore...
cyberalex
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Shortlist of Stadia

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:46 pm

I would also like to see which stadium designs were considered
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Re: Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby es_bih » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Last time I was in Munich they were still building Allianz, and using Olympia. I do like Olympia Stadion, too.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 am

I saw a few games at the Olympia Stadion and at the time it was state of the art (showing my age again)

You have to keep in mind it was built for multiple sports and had a track which put fans further away from the field. I like the idea of stadiums being designed for a specific sport, be it soccer, american football, baseball etc. Sadly, most new stadiums, although following this basic idea, build sections specifically designed for corporate types (luxury suites) so the real fans miss out on the "good seats".
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion