You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Roonzil wrote:Price wise...how much were those new big TV screens? Pretty sure we spend millions on upgrades every year, and we'll budget them accordingly

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I really don't have a problem with upgrades, or even with the red seats, but I'm just saying - ironic how money is an issue when it comes to buying players, and then management spends on upgrading the Arena every year.

Not my money so I don't really care, but I do find it ironic...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Roonzil » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:12 pm

There's different budgets for different things. X amount of milllions for arena, x amount for marketing, x amount for travel, x amount for transfers. And even if you'd want to move money between different sections, 5 mil for seats or 5 mil extra for a player are both not big deals for our management. What was that quote again? We refuse to increase ticket prices as it'll only give us a few mil extra, that's an amount we discuss briefly for 5 mins at a transfer meeting, but will mean a lot to our fans.

We aren't upgrading the Arena seats for 80 mil, why is the comparison even made between buying top talent in the market and buying red seats?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby tflags » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:17 pm

zozon wrote:What seat that could be, a Recaro sports one? Hilarious.

Why is it that there are people so ignorant as to pretend knowing better. Anyhow, back on point, I'm sure there could be sponsorship deals that could be arranged.
Spoiler: show
rec_japan_stadium02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Roonzil wrote:There's different budgets for different things. X amount of milllions for arena, x amount for marketing, x amount for travel, x amount for transfers. And even if you'd want to move money between different sections, 5 mil for seats or 5 mil extra for a player are both not big deals for our management. What was that quote again? We refuse to increase ticket prices as it'll only give us a few mil extra, that's an amount we discuss briefly for 5 mins at a transfer meeting, but will mean a lot to our fans.

We aren't upgrading the Arena seats for 80 mil, why is the comparison even made between buying top talent in the market and buying red seats?

Budgets are periodically adjusted and fine tuned, and money is shifted around. I would consider buying red seats a mix of money from stadium maintenance and marketing - the existing seats will eventually need to be repaired/replaced, and the fanfare around the new seats would provide a bump in public interest. Someone mentioned the potential for increased income from the seats - I'm sure that would happen to a certain degree - not enough to offset the cost, but still some.

I guess my big point is: Bayern should spend money on only 3 things:

1. Buying players/paying salaries
2. Maintenance and/or performance upgrades to their facilities
3. Other expenditures (ex: marketing) that will help them earn money in the long run

If management feels the red seats would satisfy points 2/3 then fine - go ahead. If buying red seats is only for bragging rights, then I don't really see the point.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bbenno » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:21 am

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/07/munic ... gh_changes

Interesting article from StadiumDB.com who quotes Augsburger Allgemeine that claims a further expansion (from 70000 to 75000 seating places) is on the table in 2018. 8) This could possibly mean a total of 80000 seating and standing places?

Really hope they go all out with the number of seats after 1860 is gone. Could you imagine 80000+ for Bundesliga games?! :D
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:26 am

Where would they fit the extra seats?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:36 am

Should be 90-95k but I think 80k is as much as we're going to get.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:44 am

I'd certainly welcome an expansion, though I'm wondering the same as MUTU.....I was of the impression that the stadium would require pretty significant structural changes to accommodate much more seating...

That being said, with the stadium paid off well ahead of schedule and 1859+1 presumably gone soon then perhaps we could afford such renovations. If we could increase the capacity past that of the Westfalenstadion (81,360) in all likelihood we'd then beat out Dortmund for highest attendance in Europe, too 8)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:49 am

aterford wrote:I'd certainly welcome an expansion, though I'm wondering the same as MUTU.....I was of the impression that the stadium would require pretty significant structural changes to accommodate much more seating...

That being said, with the stadium paid off well ahead of schedule and 1859+1 presumably gone soon then perhaps we could afford such renovations. If we could increase the capacity past that of the Westfalenstadion (81,360) in all likelihood we'd then beat out Dortmund for highest attendance in Europe, too 8)

So now we're not only after BVB players but also their records? Bring it on 8)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm

aterford wrote:I'd certainly welcome an expansion, though I'm wondering the same as MUTU.....I was of the impression that the stadium would require pretty significant structural changes to accommodate much more seating...

MUTU wrote:Where would they fit the extra seats?

It doesn't really say...
"In Zukunft sollen 75.000 Gäste Platz haben
Außerdem soll die Arena wachsen – zumindest was die Zuschauerzahlen angeht. In Zukunft sollen permanent 75.000 Gäste Platz haben. Bislang geht das nur bei Bundesliga-Spielen. International ist bei 70.000 Gästen Schluss, weil es da keine Stehplätze geben darf. Um die 75.000 zu stemmen, soll der neue Eingang West entstehen. Die Zusage der Stadt liegt schon vor, im Sommer 2019 soll alles fertig sein – inklusive 1275 neuer Parkplätze."

An 85-90000 arena would be the optimal solution but Ill take any expansion ;-) We could easily sell out at least 5000-10000 more seats! If we could beat Barcelona and MUFC in average attendances, that would be awesome! If we could also overtake BVB who's currently in 1st place, that would be the cherry on top! 8)
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:31 pm

What about using transparent grass and soil and fitting fans directly under the pitch? :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:37 pm

MUTU wrote:What about using transparent grass and soil and fitting fans directly under the pitch? :lol:

You sick pervert. You just wanna see players underwear and dicks, do you? Couldnt care less about the capacity... :P
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm

zozon wrote:
MUTU wrote:What about using transparent grass and soil and fitting fans directly under the pitch? :lol:

You sick pervert. You just wanna see players underwear and dicks, do you? Couldnt care less about the capacity... :P

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 45056.html

(dodged a bullet there)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:21 pm

I know a guy that claimed to have insider information, that capacity extensions up to 95.000 were already planned (by the architects) and sitting somewhere in a desk drawer in Säbener... Never believed him much though...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:57 pm

West Ham's attempt to mock Bayern Munich backfires spectacularly :D

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Asking for trouble, right?
savage
Can't see tweet? Click here!