You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Mr.S wrote:Can someone tell me the current state of finances with respect to the loan?

We had to pay 340 or 360 Million. We are paying 30 or 36 Million per year???? The 77 Million of Adidas was included in the 340/360 Million right???

By moderate estimates, we paid 150 Million in 5 years & we got 90 (from AUDI) & 77 (Adidas) making a total of 167 Million.

So the combined repayment is 317 Million. Ideally at best 43 Million is left , add the cost of paying 12 Million for buying 1860's shares so this should be 55 Millon. So the loan should be repaid in 2 years which is not the case as I am hearing dates like 2016 & 2020.

Was 360 Million supposed to be paid after 77 million from adidas. Even in that case it should not be more than 132 Million,roughly 4.5 years.

I hope someone replies with facts & clears my doubts.

Well don't forget the interest rates we have to pay and the 15-20m € we lost due to the financial crisis in some monetary Euro/Swiss Francs speculations. Furthermore the money from Audi can't be used as a single payment because we used our contractual right to make a single payment a few years ago. The bank would lose money in interests so it's obvious why they wouldn't agree to that.

From what I heard at last years annual general meeting we still had to pay ~150m € which will most likely be the case in 2017.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Bazi wrote:From what I heard at last years annual general meeting we still had to pay ~150m € which will most likely be the case in 2017.

Hmm... that's a bit longer than I thought. But what are 5-6 years in football? Almost nothing
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

It's all considered in the long term planning. Of course the impressive thing is that even with the debt payments, Bayern is making a profit (of course, reinvesting all that is left over like a sensible business).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Mr.S » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Bazi wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Can someone tell me the current state of finances with respect to the loan?

We had to pay 340 or 360 Million. We are paying 30 or 36 Million per year???? The 77 Million of Adidas was included in the 340/360 Million right???

By moderate estimates, we paid 150 Million in 5 years & we got 90 (from AUDI) & 77 (Adidas) making a total of 167 Million.

So the combined repayment is 317 Million. Ideally at best 43 Million is left , add the cost of paying 12 Million for buying 1860's shares so this should be 55 Millon. So the loan should be repaid in 2 years which is not the case as I am hearing dates like 2016 & 2020.

Was 360 Million supposed to be paid after 77 million from adidas. Even in that case it should not be more than 132 Million,roughly 4.5 years.

I hope someone replies with facts & clears my doubts.

Well don't forget the interest rates we have to pay and the 15-20m € we lost due to the financial crisis in some monetary Euro/Swiss Francs speculations. Furthermore the money from Audi can't be used as a single payment because we used our contractual right to make a single payment a few years ago. The bank would lose money in interests so it's obvious why they wouldn't agree to that.

From what I heard at last years annual general meeting we still had to pay ~150m € which will most likely be the case in 2017.

Should be 2016 then. If we were supposed to pay 150 Million last year then 30 Million * 5 = 150.

2011-12
12-13
13-14
14-15
15-16.

4 more seasons after this. Wish we could sell another 10% stake to another huge company & get 150 Million & pay the loan & get 10-15 Million a year sponsorship as well. Haha I wonder what will happen to Man U & Real then.

Anyways 5 years is nothing. We are taking the world by storm in 5 years.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Hopfner was talking about being debt free in the season 2017/18 so I just took his assessment.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mr.S » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm

5 to 6 more or less. No chance of another AUDI like stake buy I guess. Only 8-9% for some 130-140 Million & we'll still have more around 75 % stake.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby munichfan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Mr.S wrote:Wish we could sell another 10% stake to another huge company & get 150 Million & pay the loan & get 10-15 Million a year sponsorship as well. Haha I wonder what will happen to Man U & Real then.

There is no need to wonder about it, I'll tell you. Our club would turn that little bit more like theirs, owned by multi-national corporations that ruin the club in the long run. The 20% belonging to Adidas and Audi are already too much.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:12 pm

They won't sell any more than 24,99% of the club to investors because they would get a blocking minority at the annual general meeting and that's a bad thing.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby munichfan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:01 am

I know, I was one of the people who voted for this rule at the last AGM, but it's still a really silly thing to hope for. He might as well say, "let's be like City".
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mr.S » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:17 am

Come on It's a rule for Bundesliga clubs to own more than 50% of the stake & Bayern Munich will always be a people's club & will have an absolute resounding majority stake in the. There is no question of giving out a majority. Besides AUDI is a major German company who acquired a very small stake not those russian or arab tycoons owning the club.

At present Adidas has a 9.4% & Audi has a 6.5 % stake,together 15.9 %. So we have 84.1% stake. Even if we sell 9% we will still have more than 75%. Come on its a different case here.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 am

A blocking minority means that the minority can veto moves initiated by the majority. Best leave all the decision-making to the club.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby munichfan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:36 am

Mr. S, it's not a different case here!

Why do you feel these 9% of the club have to be sold? What would be the particularly positive aspects of this change?

Why should FC Bayern München E.V. lose 9% of its shares, just to pay off the remaining portion of debt, which is already being mastered in a consistently strong fashion?

In addition, a further share holder means a further multinational corporate representative on the Bayern Munich board, i.E. another chap who hasn't got the slightest thing to do with the club.

If I understood quaazi's post correctly, then I agree with him. Imagine a sponsor's representative vetoing Bayern's decisions! Don't forget they have the well-being of the company at heart.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mr.S » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Okay Okay. Chill.

I just wish we had a bigger transfer budget. That is it.

Now I wish they would do something to scale up the TV revenue which is like more than a 100 Million down on Real Madrid(for Bayern).

That & maybe atleast some minor increases in ticket prices. Adidas as a stake holder is doing a horrible job IMO. In most countries they have Chelsea,even Liverpool jerseys but no Bayern Munich. All the EPL hype engulfing the world.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Personally I wish we still had the whole 100% stake, but then Audi's offer was too good to pass up. It will help us pay off the debt sooner and maybe we can buy it back sometime in the future.

quaazi wrote:A blocking minority means that the minority can veto moves initiated by the majority. Best leave all the decision-making to the club.

How exactly does this work? I mean, they would still have a majority... is it because if they have less than 75% they won't have an absolute majority?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Mr.S wrote:Now I wish they would do something to scale up the TV revenue which is like more than a 100 Million down on Real Madrid(for Bayern).

TV revenue is what is keeping the Bundesliga back, not only Bayern
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion