You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

News from the Südkurve

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

News from the Südkurve

Postby fcbww » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

Official clarification regarding the banner shown in the Bayern sector in London last Tuesday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
fcbww
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: News from the Südkurve

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 am

Well done to the FCB WW.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

The Bayern fans were pretty great in London, have been consistently so for the away games. I've been thinking that maybe we should write the fanclubs a letter of appreciation from us "onlookers"... no guarantee if they'd give a ****, of course. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby munichfan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Go for it, everyone enjoys positive feedback and I'm sure you'd get a response!
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 pm

A friend of mine (Arsenal fan) was at the game and he really praised the Bayern fans. I think he has a video of them just before kick-off.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm

And you still didn't get it because.... :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 am

I can access it on facebook. I don't know how to post facebook videos here. :oops:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can access it on facebook. I don't know how to post facebook videos here. :oops:

Download it
Upload it on youtube
Post the link

Case solved
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby fcbww » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:24 pm

fcbww
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm

All quiet on our page since the home game against Freiburg. Why? Here's a "reader's letter" that we were sent today. It accurately depicts the situation the active Bayern Munich fans, the near future for the Südkurve and why the fears of fans in the Südkurve became reality within the space of a few minutes last Saturday. It is very much likely that the Südkurve will no longer exist from next season onwards.

Mr. G. T's letter:

"On Saturday the Südkurve met as usual in the sun at the 'Streetworkbus' to chat with friends, enjoy food and drink at reasonable prices, get t-shirts, stickers and magazines. A super friendly atmosphere - young and old have gotten used to meeting here before Bundesliga home games over the past few years. We knew there were dark clouds rolling in, but it wasn't the rain that ruined the atmosphere of the matchday against Freiburg. It was FC Bayern.

Everyone wants to go and see FC Bayern, German league champions and so close to German and European cup success. You can argue about how many tickets go to corporate customers etc, but in reality many fans can get a ticket to get into the stadium. Sometimes you need to try harder than others, but eventually everyone is rewarded with the piece of paper that grants you access.

What's hard to get though is a ticket for the Südkurve where the organised fans stand. I apply for every home game and get a Südkurve ticket maybe once or twice a year. The same applies to many, many active fans - perhaps only a third of the active Südkurve have regular tickets to get in.

As a result fans that want to be with their fanclub and their friends as they support the team have to bend the rules slightly. Sometimes, the number of people actually in the Südkurve at a Bundesliga game is slightly higher than tickets sold (counted by both FCB and the fan scene, with FCB announcing much higher numbers than counted by those of the organised groups), it seldom - if at all - approaches the legal capacity, perhaps once ot twice a year for an emotional top game against Dortmund or Stuttgart.

From the fans have come a number of suggestions over the last couple of years of how to deal with this "problem". An expansion of the standing area was rejected - we now have the smallest number of standing fans in any football stadium in Germany. Rebuilding the stadium in any way supposedly impossble due to finances and at every discussion the rules of UEFA, the German football association or the City of Munich supposedly blocked any progress.

Establishing a treble block Südkurve with a "first come, first serve" entrance policy was rejected by FCB.

The establishment of a "grandad block", so that older fans can move out of 112/113 to reduce the preassure
but still stay together, has come to nothing.

Like a carrot, the prospect of 300 extra tickets was held in fron of us, IF the smuggling of people stopped. Even after this offer was rejected, Uli Hoeneß trawled it around the Munich press as if it was something great on offer. Such a scheme might offer a temporary "legalisation" of the Südkurve, but it wouldn't allow for any growth and the numbers pressure would keep building. There was no indication as to who might get the 300 extra tickets either. And even if I got one, do I really want to play the policeman and keep the younger fans who joined after me out of the Südkurve?

FC Bayern has had a great season in European football on the pitch, but the Südkurve was empty. No singing, no flags; the fans who actively support the team week for week were missing. All across Europe, people saw what a dead "Kurve" looks like on their TV screens. As the protest banner at the amazing Barca match made clear, welcome to the "brave new world" of modern football. European games have stricter UEFA rules, sure. So we asked Karl-Heinz Rumenigge to take up these issues in 2011. As a matter of fact, we were just informed this week that he still waiting for an answer.

The dead Südkurve that was Munich's shame in this year for European games is something that you'd think FC Bayern would try and avoid for the Bundesliga. Well, no: you thought wrong. Before fan representatves could even pass the news back after a meeting with the club before the game on Saturday, the club announced (just before we went into the stadium) through an official and obviously prepared e-mail, that from next season onwards extra controls will be installed throughout the Südkurve. The compensation for fans: 400 "extra" tickets for blocks 112/113.

Does that sound familiar? Yes, it's bascly the old idea the fans already rejected, imposed without any discussion.

Inside the Südkurve, perhaps for the last time, there was a lot of discussion amongst individuals and groups about what to do. The vast majority of them decided not to actively support the team during the Freiburg game, which eventually was won 1:0 after a nice goal by Shaqiri.

A meeting after the game involving all active fanclubs brought more information, but also raised plenty of issues:

There are NO "extra" tickets. 150 tickets will come from both blocks 109 and 114 and 100 tickets from the Under-21 ticket program.

How and to whom these 400 tickets will be sold is unclear. Will they be sold on the open market? Will they go via established fanclubs, and if so, which ones? Can they be offered as Südkurve access tickets to fans who already have tickets for elsewhere in the stadium? All questions need to be answered and it is to be expected that FCB will inform us of a decision at short notice without any input from the fan side - we're used to it already. What is very likely NOT to happen is that there will be a general Südkurve ticket with a "first come, first serve" policy to gain access; this is by the way entrance into the Nordkurve on the other side of the pitch has worked perfectly ever since the move to the Allianz Arena. FC Bayern want to know exactly who is where; and although names on tickets can somewhat prevent price gouging (unless FCB is doing it themselves via Viagogo of course) there is the issue of them keeping a database of who is active in the fan scene. This new scheme offers NOTHING positive for the Südkurve. It's sole purpose is to try and break organised fan groups operating. Not just the "oh so naughty" Ultras, but just groups of frends who want to stick together, supposedly the goal of FC Bayern. Does the song "Zusammenhalten, das ist unser Ziel!" ring a bell?

So what comes next? The Südkurve has to and will hopefully "zusammenhalten". For the non-german-speakers: "stick together". The fans want to finsh the season not only as German league champions, but also winners of the DFB Pokal and the European Cup.

But next season? We can't all go to the Nordkurve as similar controls will easily be introduced there as well - and besides, we're not supporters of 1860, are we?

Continue to try and smuggle? Only go to away games? Only go FC Bayern Amateurs games? Start a brand new football club and try and climb the league?

Or do we accept that the management and staff of FC Bayern have won? That they have finally created an antiseptic, clean "Superclub" that can be marketed for millions in profit?

Anything might happen in the next few weeks, but perhaps the storm last Saturday washed the Südkurve as we know it away for ever. RIP Südkurve?"

fcbww wrote:RIP Südkurve?

Yeah... Looks like they gonna have to get satisfied with the Bayern Amateurs. The worst thing would be to form a new club. For what? Jesus... :roll:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MoFattal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm

That's a shame. A solution should be in place this summer.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

This needs to be solved immediately, but unfortunately I can't see the club accepting the fans in the one. Unfortunately rules are rules

Mind you I don't agree with them. The club should do everything it can for the fans and respect them. That is the FC Bayern we all want.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Having the least amount of standing seats in the BL is really something to think about. I don't want the Allianz Arena to become an Emirates Stadium.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 am

I understand that Ulli anc co. are trying to make this a "superclub" and get millions in...but they need to think about the atmosphere and that people watch those games over TV and that atmosphere will get more people around the world to like our club even more.

I understand we dont have a kop like Dortmunds "yellow wall" or some other club/stadium...but we could easily be more openheaded to Sudkurve and expand the standing terraces...even if that means higher ticket price...I am sure that an average fan in sudkurve wont argue if he pays some 30-50€ more for a season ticket if that means expansion of terracing and geting bigger Sudkurve...and on the other side club still gets their compensation for expanding to other blocks and lowering the price of those 2 blocks.

Let's just hope that they reach an agreement and that matchgoing fans do their best while supporting...

I love Ulli and co. but I am with the fans on this one...and we all need to stick together when it comes to this. dont give up.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby lau03143 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I understand that Ulli anc co. are trying to make this a "superclub" and get millions in...but they need to think about the atmosphere and that people watch those games over TV and that atmosphere will get more people around the world to like our club even more.

I understand we dont have a kop like Dortmunds "yellow wall" or some other club/stadium...but we could easily be more openheaded to Sudkurve and expand the standing terraces...even if that means higher ticket price...I am sure that an average fan in sudkurve wont argue if he pays some 30-50€ more for a season ticket if that means expansion of terracing and geting bigger Sudkurve...and on the other side club still gets their compensation for expanding to other blocks and lowering the price of those 2 blocks.

Let's just hope that they reach an agreement and that matchgoing fans do their best while supporting...

I love Ulli and co. but I am with the fans on this one...and we all need to stick together when it comes to this. dont give up.

You don't have to increas the price to put in more standing spaces. In fact, the opposite is true.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion