You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Müller or Kroos (Shaqiri as dark horse)

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Müller or Kroos (Shaqiri as dark horse)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Kroos has advantages and disadvantages to his playing style, like every other player, but at the moment what he offers is working and it's working well. There is no reason not to play him at CAM.

On current form, Muller should also be in the starting lineup though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby The Spyware » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 am

Kroos as CAM between Ribery and Robben

Muller as a striker

I wanna see this try
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby walter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 am

I was at first skeptical about Kroos really maturing into a top-class CAM (even if that's where he played and shone at youth level) but he has really convinced me this season. He is sprinting with the ball a lot more, opening spaces on the wings, keeping possession even in tight spaces, and scoring goals. He needs to develop a little more of a poaching instinct in the box and also to play better with his back on goal especially on the edge of the box. Very pleased with him this season.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 am

I want Muller in the starting lineup no matter what and typically last season I always preferred it at the price of Kroos because he was lethargic, not a big game player, slowed our tempo and counter-attacks, didnt take enough risks for fear of losing possession. All that is changing now. He is running more, taking more long shots, helping setup counter-attacks and participating in them so he deserves to hold onto the no.10 position and Muller deserves to be our winger over Robben and Shaqiri right now.

It all depends on the type of opponents we are playing. All poor to decent Bundesliga teams where we need to control possession not get counter-attacked needlessly we need Kroos as CAM because his long shots will help pull the CB's of the opposing teams outwards providing space for our wingers to cut in.

Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen - I think against these its important to play Shaqiri as CAM because we need the extra creativity/guile/agility to constantly pressure them offensively. Specially against a team like Dortmund we just need to dominate their midfield offensively, we will concede against them, they WILL hit us on the break, you just have to give them credit for that. We have to outscore them, get early goals and put tremendous pressure to beat them twice.

Big European Games (Madrid, Barca, Juventus) - I think Muller has to play as CAM in these games. He will get the necessary space to work his unpredictability and magic. He also plays his heart out in big games, is proven to play well. Him and Gustavo are in my opinion shoe-ins for big european knockout games.

Oh i forgot to add and this is just a silly wish of mine but above all three. I would love to see Alaba at CAM sometime. I think he could be better than all three. I will just have to wait for LVG to come and coach us again for that though. :lol:
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 am

Shaqiri behind striker. He said in yesterday interview that he sees himself as no. 10, but has no problems with wings since he plays that in Hitzfeld's squad.

About Kroos and Müller, it depends... Sometimes Müller, sometimes Kroos. Rotation is exactly for these 2 guys.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 am

Sadly all of us Muller maniacs know that Jupp has a hard on for Kroos....:P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB general » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 am

People should blame Leverkusen for that. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am

Your right Muller didnt get enough quality time with Jupp while Kroos was able to ride him all day :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Your right Muller didnt get enough quality time with Jupp while Kroos was able to ride him all day :P

He had the most time on the pitch of any player on the team other than Neuer last season. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby kod2600 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Robben's constant injuries negatively affected Muller, as Muller always covered for him as RAM and so he did not stay long enough in each position.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby sven31 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 am

i think kroos is better passer than mueller... on the other hand mueller has better pace... but u see both of them are very different players from each other.. mueller can play on the wings and kroos can't and kroos can play as DM but mueller can't... in terms of ability u cant doubt any of them... but for me kroos is better CAM. mueller is doing great on the wings... as we all know robben has tendecy to often get injured.. muller wont be starved for position in team...
Pre pay mania
sven31
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion