You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Minga Oida

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Minga Oida

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 14, 2013 8:53 am

I have seen a banner with this phrase and maybe someone can help me to understand.

What is Minga Oida ? I know that Minga=Munich, but what does Oida mean ?

Is this an ultras club ? or just a saying like 'mia san mia' 'pack m'as'

Thanks
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Minga Oida

Postby BinaryToast » Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi,

It's Bavarian, Minga = München as you already said.

"Oida" means "Alter" in German, in English you'd say "Dude!" or "Mate!" (depending on from where you hail I guess).

Literally, "Alter" means "Old one" (slang) or "Age" (proper meaning), depending on context.

So, in English, you may say "Munich, mate!" or "Munich, dude!"
Ei jei jei jei
FC Bayern München,
Wir singen und tanzen auf jedem Fußballplatz
Ein Schuss, ein Tor, die Bayern, DIE BAYERN
BinaryToast
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri May 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi BinaryToast,
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad that I have found someone to explain it to me.

BinaryToast wrote:Literally, "Alter" means "Old one" (slang) or "Age" (proper meaning), depending on context.

With this you reminded me of the wonderful view from Alter Peter......I can see that you're from Munich right ? I'm from Malta and although I had no ticket for the AA, a year ago I felt I had to be there just the same and watched it at the Oly. It was an unforgettable experience which unfortunately ended with a very bitter taste. This time I'm staying home but these couple of days I have been replaying these memories from Munich a lot. This time I hope very much that it ends very differently.

Have you managed to get tickets for the AA....I hear that the weather has nothing to do with last year (I had managed to get a sun tan)...I think that this year is like that to give you an English atmosphere ;)

guad' Nacht my friend and pack mas !
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BinaryToast » Sat May 25, 2013 12:14 am

Bayernbazi wrote:With this you reminded me of the wonderful view from Alter Peter......I can see that you're from Munich right ? I'm from Malta and although I had no ticket for the AA, a year ago I felt I had to be there just the same and watched it at the Oly. It was an unforgettable experience which unfortunately ended with a very bitter taste. This time I'm staying home but these couple of days I have been replaying these memories from Munich a lot. This time I hope very much that it ends very differently.

Have you managed to get tickets for the AA....I hear that the weather has nothing to do with last year (I had managed to get a sun tan)...I think that this year is like that to give you an English atmosphere

Glad I could help. :)

I watched the final last year at the Olympia Park as well. While it was a bitter evening for us, it still was a great party. I actually made a few English friends that night who where incredibly gracious in victory and we drank quite a few Weißbier together. Hope it's going to be a similar experience for the fans (of both clubs) this year, considering it's in England and all. :) Even though I won't be there this year, I'll be at a beer garden with my friends somewhere. The weather is terrible in Munich, it's cold and wet and bah. But ah well, for a final you just need the atmosphere of a public viewing at least!

I've been to the Arena a couple of times (it's about 40-45 minutes by train from where I live), but only to Bundesliga and DFB Pokal matches. It's close to impossible to get CL tickets without the proper connections I guess. :D During last years Pokal round where they played FC Ingolstadt 6:0, I was standing next to the Südkurve... that was just amazing. I've been to quite a few stadiums, but something about the Arena just makes it my favourite. I guess it's because it's Bayerns home ground. :)

Okay, enough rambling on, guad' Nacht as well und pack mas o!
Ei jei jei jei
FC Bayern München,
Wir singen und tanzen auf jedem Fußballplatz
Ein Schuss, ein Tor, die Bayern, DIE BAYERN
BinaryToast
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Hi BinaryToast,
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad that I have found someone to explain it to me.

BinaryToast wrote:Literally, "Alter" means "Old one" (slang) or "Age" (proper meaning), depending on context.

With this you reminded me of the wonderful view from Alter Peter......I can see that you're from Munich right ? I'm from Malta and although I had no ticket for the AA, a year ago I felt I had to be there just the same and watched it at the Oly. It was an unforgettable experience which unfortunately ended with a very bitter taste. This time I'm staying home but these couple of days I have been replaying these memories from Munich a lot. This time I hope very much that it ends very differently.

Have you managed to get tickets for the AA....I hear that the weather has nothing to do with last year (I had managed to get a sun tan)...I think that this year is like that to give you an English atmosphere ;)

guad' Nacht my friend and pack mas !

Hi, I think we(Maltese) are in a majority over here :)
I was seeing this discussion and it brought me the memories of my visit to Munchen... Nov 2010 - FCB 3-0 1FCN.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby munichcharlie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:20 pm

you here alter all the time as a sort of catch all !
munichcharlie
Hey, I'm new here!

Re: Bayern should have one more Champions League!

Postby nawaz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:56 am

I have seen a banner with this phrase and maybe someone can help me to understand.

What is Minga Oida ? I know that Minga=Munich, but what does Oida mean ?

Is this an ultras club ? or just a saying like 'mia san mia' 'pack m'as'

Thanks
nawaz
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern should have one more Champions League!

Postby nm462272 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:11 pm

"Oida" is Baverian for "Alter", which is pretty much slang for "dude" or "bro"... so it's basically "Munich, dude"
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Return to General Bayern Discussion