You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mentality

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Mentality

Postby mahoni » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 pm

This is not for softys ...

Yesterday I rewatched the CL final 4 months ago. You will ask me: Why do you do this? Well ... 1st I can´t remember the game (I watched on public viewing ... to mutch beer and distraction) and the 2nd more important reason was that I m all but certain that the reason to lose the trophy was the mentality. I had the feeling (by rewatching) that Chelsea was mental much stronger then we was and much more a Unit. For sure there are a lot of different point of views why happened what happened and thats not what I want to discuss. I just remembered the 2001 Final and the difference between the team of these days and our team of last year. So ... you may will kill me by saying this however after the 4 months distance I m glad of the experience of this defeat because I m sure that we will have a much stronger mentality and Unit after all (that has no bearing on that I wanted to be us Champs.). Glory is coming ...

What are you guys thinking and what kind of mentality are you noticeing in the squad right now?

Once again: This is not a discussion about the final last season.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Mentality

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Yes, that's the conclusion we arrived at... 4 months ago.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Mazen96 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:49 pm

In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby mahoni » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I think this thread is an other discussion... I`m not speaking about the lack of winning mentality (i don´t believe in that - that would be "a little" to easy reason why they lost - you have to think they are all professionals and all of them hate to lose believe me). I´m speaking about the Unit -mentality of the squad wich lacks in my opinion and was the reason why Bayern lost also last years BL and I also think it is the most important aspect of mentality in the game: do you want to do everything to win for the squad or is your own person more important than the team (and the last years I think it was allways the second)? And I´m not speaking about the need of a new captain or the rules and drawbacks of different players. I´m just speaking about the team.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 am

Like I said in May, the key now is to turn recent defeats (last season, 2010, even with the NT) into motivation. As odd as it sounds, if that happens I believe it could be better for us that we lost. In recent years Barca are the only team who managed to win the CL more than once. I don't think we would've been any different than the rest. But with this kind of motivation it could be different.

I think so far we are doing well, but the key is keeping it up in the big games. I was expecting a much worse start to the season though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:04 pm

I was expecting an all out loss fest to watch with more hope than expectation. DON'T LET US DOWN NOW LADS!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Return to General Bayern Discussion