You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Man City Fans Forum

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Man City Fans Forum

Postby Speedy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Evening fella's. Speedy here from Bluewatch MCFC Manchester City FC Fans Forum.

We're delighted to have drawn Bayern Munich in the Champions League and look forward to enjoying the away leg although we realise it going to be a tougth one for us. So aslong as either side play good football & eventually knock out man u we will class the tournement as being a success.

Anyway, looking forward to a little friendly banter with you all over the coming weeks and feel free to drop by the forum to say hello.

Speedy
Speedy
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Man City Fans Forum

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Should be two exciting games
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 pm

While we're doing this, can you explain to me why Agüero never plays well when I've captained him in my Fantasy team? It's really infuriating!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:56 pm

It's gonna be a good match up when we face off against Man City.
Two very different club styles going head to head, the billion dollar funded and in debt, oil owned, no transfer policy City against the well-placed, conservative, player owned and run FC Bayern Munich.
As far as playing styles, City is notorious for being very defensive and no matter who they start with, they struggle offensively.
Our defense has had several clean sheets on the bounce (and who knows how many by the time we face City) and I think we could contain the overflowing City attack.
City was the best defensive team last year in the EPL and one of the top in Europe, Mancini was criticized for being negatively defensive, but they are bloody good in defense with big, athletic guys like Kompany, De Jong, Toure, Richards, etc.
However, hopefully we will have Robben back and a full strength attack to crack the City nut.
These two teams have never met in the CL, and it will be interesting to see if Man City can prove their meddle and go through to the knock-out rounds with Bayern.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby manchester blue » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:02 am

Evening everyone.

Another City fan here, looking forward to visiting your wonderful City again. We spent a day there last year after the Salzburg game. I was one of 8 City fans who enjoyed visiting the Olympicstadion & the Grünwald for the Bayern Munich II game Vs Saarsbrucken on the Friday night.

I have a couple of questions:-

1. Does our match ticket entitle us to free travel in the whole of Bavaria, or just the Munich area? If not we'll buy a Laender ticket.
2. Assuming the game finishes around 22.40, will we have enough time to catch a train departing Munich HB at 23.45?
3. Are there any bars near the stadium where the City fans can meet for a beer, be it a pub or somewhere to drink cans?

Thanks in advance.
manchester blue
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Tuga_Bayern » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:29 am

Bayern is my favourite team in Germany and City is my favourite in England. :P

It will be great matches.
Tuga_Bayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby shileno » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:23 am

I remember the Juve and Fiorentina fans seasons ago..

Good luck in CL, you'll need it :wink:
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Bayern14 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 am

Hello everyone...new forum member here(long time Bayern fan)

I am looking forward to our group, because no one can deny it is the toughest. If we can come out on top over clubs like Villareal, Napoli, and Man City then we can no doubt win the CL. Keeping Robben and Ribery healthy will be key to winning the group. I was nervous during Saturdays match when Boateng was sidelined(for a short period)with a injury. If we can keep Robbery and the back line healthy I have no worries.

Also, did anyone think Lahm was trying to make up for his autobiography controversy Saturday by trying to take shots him self? A few times he had a chance to lay it off for a easy goal, but didn't. (just a thought)
Bayern14
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby quaazi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Regarding Lahm, it looks like he's trying to be a bigger personality ever since van Bommel left. Making comments in public, taking initiative on the pitch, you name it. He's still a long way from Kahn and Effenberg, but it's a welcome development.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:26 pm

ManCity have fans???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby CroCHEF » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 pm

I have respect for real city fans... not the new glory hunters but for city fans from 10-20... 50 years
i watch Blue moon movie and change my mind for someone.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:09 pm

manchester blue wrote:Evening everyone.

Another City fan here, looking forward to visiting your wonderful City again. We spent a day there last year after the Salzburg game. I was one of 8 City fans who enjoyed visiting the Olympicstadion & the Grünwald for the Bayern Munich II game Vs Saarsbrucken on the Friday night.

1. Does our match ticket entitle us to free travel in the whole of Bavaria, or just the Munich area? If not we'll buy a Laender ticket.
2. Assuming the game finishes around 22.40, will we have enough time to catch a train departing Munich HB at 23.45?
3. Are there any bars near the stadium where the City fans can meet for a beer, be it a pub or somewhere to drink cans?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome...

1. free travel is only for the city of Munich [with its suburbs]...Bavaria is too big for that:)

2. I dont think you can make it...maybe if you leave the stadium 5-10 minutes before the final whistle and if your car is parked near the stadium but not far from the parking enterence:)...it is like 30 min drive from the stadium to the city center

3. You wont find any pubs near the stadium because it is not in the populated area of Munich...that is why it is best for you to spend the day in city center:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby tflags » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm

manchester blue wrote:Evening everyone.

Thanks in advance.

2. Driving or Subway? Just walking to the U line will take you at least 20 mins which I guess you are since coming from out of town. Then you can expect at least 20 more to get to the train station 'cause you have to change lines once. On the train station there is a customs counter depending on the train you take; so, another 20-25 mins more just to be on the safe side. One hour is not enough IMO.
3. Most people meet at the restaurants inside the Arena. Don't forget you will need an Arena card as cash is not allowed. There is nothing in the vicinity of the arena.

Good luck. Can't say our members don't envy you.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Tuga_Bayern » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:29 pm

dambun wrote:ManCity have fans???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

More than M.United, in Manchester. True story. :wink:
Tuga_Bayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby manchester blue » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Thanks for the responses tflags & sch0ll7.

Assuming we are seated in blocks 128-130, 236-240, and 334-339, is the Fröttmaning U-Bahn station at our end of the stadium?
Are away fans kept in at the end of the game and do many home fans leave the stadium before FT?
I'm trying to establish how busy the U-bahn will be after the game.

We're catching a RE train so we should be ok for getting straight on the train at Munich HB.
manchester blue
Hey, I'm new here!

Return to General Bayern Discussion