You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lizarazu set for Bayern role

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Lizarazu set for Bayern role

Postby Paddy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Bayern Munich are set to offer former playing legend Bixente Lizarazu an ambassadorial role with the club in the near future.

Rumours were abound in the German press this week that the former World Cup winner and European Champion would named as the club's new assistant manager, working alongside returning boss Ottmar Hitzfeld.

But the 37-year-old Frenchman, a World Cup winner in 1998 and European champion two years later, denied the claims on French TV, saying: "There is a rumour about my possible comeback to Germany, but I won't be assistant. This is false.

“I could however be a representative for the club outside Germany, an ambassador maybe. This is a strong possibility.”

Lizarazu made 240 appearances for Bayern in two spells between 1997 and 2006, winning six German league titles, five Cups, four League Cups and the Champions League in 2001.

alongside returning boss Ottmar Hitzfeld - the man who guided the club - which included Lizarazu - to European Cup glory in 2001.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to General Bayern Discussion