You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

LGBT Allianz Arena triggers homophobic reactions

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: LGBT Allianz Arena triggers homophobic reactions

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I feel strongly about LGBT rights myself but I also think that, with the exception of the comment I flagged earlier, there was nothing I would classify as hate. There were many comments I disagree with, many opinions which I can't understand how people can hold them or even why they would want to since it doesn't affect them. Still, these aren't things that need to be censored and as MUTU said they are common topics of discussion everywhere. To me, certain views just make one disagreeable (as far as these topics are concerned) but I'm sure others feel the same way about me.

Someone mentioned anti-Semitism though and I agree this needs to be monitored more carefully.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Yes, I mentioned anti-Semitism. The LGBT thing I can accept, as there is genuinely a debate, even if I find it very disagreeable. But the conspiracy theories about gays causing world wars, and the guy who came around the other day saying he's a fan of Bayern cause his grandparents were Nazi collaborators......

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm

German-American, it's ironic you would use the word "persecuted" when it's actually the LGBT community who are on the receiving end in the vast majority of instances. I think not liking the Allianz colours has much to do with the way you interpret the 'stunt' (I hope nobody gets sensitive by this word!): to me it means "hey, there are LGBT around, please show respect". That's all I get as an interpretation.

Let's use another sensitive topic for comparison. There are black people, Africans, who migrate to traditionally-Caucasian countries. Some people don't want them in their country. They're called racists (just like anti-gays are called homophobes). However nobody bats an eyelid when FIFA put slogans like "let's kick racism out of football". It's basically similar to them saying "let's accept gays".
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I feel strongly about LGBT rights myself but I also think that, with the exception of the comment I flagged earlier, there was nothing I would classify as hate. There were many comments I disagree with, many opinions which I can't understand how people can hold them or even why they would want to since it doesn't affect them. Still, these aren't things that need to be censored and as MUTU said they are common topics of discussion everywhere. To me, certain views just make one disagreeable (as far as these topics are concerned) but I'm sure others feel the same way about me.

Someone mentioned anti-Semitism though and I agree this needs to be monitored more carefully.

Yes, I mentioned anti-Semitism. The LGBT thing I can accept, as there is genuinely a debate, even if I find it very disagreeable. But the conspiracy theories about gays causing world wars, and the guy who came around the other day saying he's a fan of Bayern cause his grandparents were Nazi collaborators......

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Huh... Missed that last one

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MICUN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:53 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MICUN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Second!

Honestlu,i think Lou-Diamonds is a gey! Why he is so angry? i think he is cry now :).....butt,who carres

Third!

Ramsey,my respekt for you!

FcBayernMunich Moderator...dont be a silly,please...Bigg hello for everybody!

MIA SAN MIA!!!!
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MICUN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:02 pm

LETS TALK ABOUTH BAYERN!
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

MICUN wrote:Second!

Honestlu,i think Lou-Diamonds is a gey! Why he is so angry? i think he is cry now :).....butt,who carres

Third!

Ramsey,my respekt for you!

FcBayernMunich Moderator...dont be a silly,please...Bigg hello for everybody!

MIA SAN MIA!!!!

Grow up, will you?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 pm

How can a parent know if their child is transgender? What separates a young boy who might be transgender from one with a vivid imagination who likes to dress up in his sister's dresses? What do you do if your daughter tells you she's a boy?

The Associated Press spoke to gender experts to answer some of parents' most commonly asked questions. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:37 am

ramsej84 wrote:
How can a parent know if their child is transgender? What separates a young boy who might be transgender from one with a vivid imagination who likes to dress up in his sister's dresses? What do you do if your daughter tells you she's a boy?

The Associated Press spoke to gender experts to answer some of parents' most commonly asked questions. [source]

Interesting read.

There's one thing I've always disliked that's mentioned though: the idea that a transgender child will go for dolls or trucks instead of their traditional toys. It's interesting that this is considered one of the signs since we are the ones who gendered toys and IMO they mean nothing. I know plenty of women who know WAY more than me about cars, or someone in particular who collects models of cars. Perhaps children know that society views toys in this way so they do it purposely to express their gender.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 am

No, I think it is a natural thing...
Girls play with dolls cause of their maternal instinct ...

On the other hand boys are tough and even the way they play is different; they push, climb, run, make more dangerous stunts etc.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mavs » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:No, I think it is a natural thing...

On the other hand boys are tough and even the way they play is different; they push, climb, run, make more dangerous stunts etc.

Precisely.

Men and women are different. We are different biologically, neurologically, physiologically, chemically - in all kinds of different ways. This notion that there are no differences between male and female is incredibly silly.

As for parents encouraging their children to be "transgender" when they're like 6 or 7 years old: that's child abuse. Such parents run the risk of permanently damaging their children's psyche.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mavs » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:30 pm

MUTU wrote:German-American, it's ironic you would use the word "persecuted" when it's actually the LGBT community who are on the receiving end in the vast majority of instances. I think not liking the Allianz colours has much to do with the way you interpret the 'stunt' (I hope nobody gets sensitive by this word!): to me it means "hey, there are LGBT around, please show respect". That's all I get as an interpretation.

Let's use another sensitive topic for comparison. There are black people, Africans, who migrate to traditionally-Caucasian countries. Some people don't want them in their country. They're called racists (just like anti-gays are called homophobes). However nobody bats an eyelid when FIFA put slogans like "let's kick racism out of football". It's basically similar to them saying "let's accept gays".

It's only similar if a) the moral dimension is removed and we all universally agree that there is nothing morally wrong about homosexuality (which people don't agree on) and b) if being homosexual is as innate and inherent as the color of someone's skin.

Those are two highly questionable assumptions. So no, it's not the same.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:No, I think it is a natural thing...

I have a niece and nephew and I remember my niece preferring dolls to cars... my nephew takes 2-3 cars with him when he goes to sleep. :lol:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Mavs wrote:
MUTU wrote:German-American, it's ironic you would use the word "persecuted" when it's actually the LGBT community who are on the receiving end in the vast majority of instances. I think not liking the Allianz colours has much to do with the way you interpret the 'stunt' (I hope nobody gets sensitive by this word!): to me it means "hey, there are LGBT around, please show respect". That's all I get as an interpretation.

It's only similar if a) the moral dimension is removed and we all universally agree that there is nothing morally wrong about homosexuality (which people don't agree on) and b) if being homosexual is as innate and inherent as the color of someone's skin.

No they're not...

Maybe #2 is, I don't think being homosexual is DNA based either...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Mavs wrote:

Disagree on both.

In (a) you assume that nobody believes some races are better than others. If that was the case then we wouldn't be talking about racism as it would be a non-issue.

In (b) you claim homosexuality is not innate and yet several studies claim the exact opposite. People may be born gay just like they may be born black.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion