You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

LGBT Allianz Arena triggers homophobic reactions

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: LGBT Allianz Arena triggers homophobic reactions

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:37 pm

This is one of the topics that interests me most. I have a discussion related to it at least once a week (just did this morning in fact) and I always love having a civil discussion about it even if I completely disagree with one's views (see: a Christian or a Muslim). I'm also very interested in the history of all religions and the art, architecture, and culture (festivals and so on) related to them.

We should move this to another thread, maybe even open a new one if people are interested in keeping it going. Obviously civil and intellectual discussion only. I think most of the posts here are legitimate or tongue in cheek but I agree that very few are insensitive.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby harry-muc » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I think we'd rather lock this thread cause it is getting ridiculously profane and insulting...

While I think it's gotten a bit off-topic, I don't think what anyone said is insulting, certainly not profane... rather, it's interesting to hear the different perspectives

yes I found some of the post insulting...

a snowflake? i find some of your posts in some threads insulting...it always runs both ways. we have to deal with it. :wink:
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:46 pm

I am interested to know when most of you decided to forget everything and to became atheists.
Former believes vs current believes...
I bet that only a handful of Muslims will ever become atheists... and I tell you why, cause they love their Religion and live by what they are thought, while Christians become indifferent cause our Rel is more relaxed... I really admire the moderate Muslims...

P . S Catholicism teaches that all men / women can go to heaven and one doesn't have to be RC or another form of Christian...
Last edited by ramsej84 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

LGBT Allianz Arena triggers homophobic reactions

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:55 pm

In my personal life I was semi raised religiously as I attended a Christian school and went to church moderately. But to be honest it was the "fear" of God that kept me a believer than anything else and I eventually outgrew that fear. It also didn't help that the more I studied about world history and the things done in "the name of God", the abuse of religion by the Catholic Church for centuries and in my personal life seeing a lot of hate coming from so called children of God made me become more distasteful of religion. My dad Kenyan born also shared to me why he stopped being religious due to the abuse he witnessed in his youth(not experienced fortunately). To this day he reminds me that religion was the worst thing that the Europeans brought to Africa.

Don't get me wrong I'm not painting religious people with a brush but I rather not feel like I'm feeling brainwashed especially amongst former colonies like Africa and Latin/South America. Never understood why embrace a belief system meant to subjugate you

In my opinion people should be free to believe in whatever they want as long as it doesn't impede the rights of others....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 pm

raised Catholic, went to religious classes once per week. never believed in it, even from an early age. as i grew older and pursued my education, through the scientific method and critical thinking it became clear that the burden of proof really lies on the religious in this case. as Firefox1234 said, people should be free to believe what they want, but not at the expense of others. if your religious beliefs impede my or others freedoms, then your religious beliefs are the problem.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Keep this thread going, love this shit. I'll weigh in on it too if I have time. Man, wish ottackon was here.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:18 pm

As other mods have said love the mature responses so far, now if we can just replicate it to the other theeads
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:27 pm

I was raised a Catholic as a child, but never took it very seriously myself. It just stopped making sense at a point. By 12-13 I already rejected the religious label.

My parents are religious, although in a very Latin American "light" way (don't go to church often, don't follow religious mandates closely, etc, but always thank "God and The Virgin" for everything). They even wanted me to go to a Jesuit school as a child, but I guess the priests foresaw the devil in me #)

Coincidentally, Ramsej's "every child is a miracle" is what my mother always told me whenever we discussed religion (she already gave up on that one). Such appeals to emotion have never appealed to me. I guess I just view life as too cruel to take wonder at such things.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Jorge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is one of the topics that interests me most. I have a discussion related to it at least once a week

At one point you should read: "Dazzle Gradually: Reflections on the Nature of Nature" written by Dorion Sagan. When I read it about 7-8 years ago I learned about pantheism as a way to reconcile so much disagreement on this subject.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:43 pm

BTW, it is important to debate this type of issues since it will not go away anytime soon. For the friendly against Venezuela last month the USA National team wore a jersey with rainbow numbers to honor the LGBTI communityImage
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:51 pm

JANCKER wrote:

...did i miss something? :?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:54 pm

nm462272 wrote:...did i miss something?

In the beginning there was nothing... he tried to explain nothing.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:In my personal life I was semi raised religiously as I attended a Christian school and went to church moderately. But to be honest it was the "fear" of God that kept me a believer than anything else and I eventually outgrew that fear. It also didn't help that the more I studied about world history and the things done in "the name of God", the abuse of religion by the Catholic Church for centuries and in my personal life seeing a lot of hate coming from so called children of God made me become more distasteful of religion. My dad Kenyan born also shared to me why he stopped being religious due to the abuse he witnessed in his youth(not experienced fortunately). To this day he reminds me that religion was the worst thing that the Europeans brought to Africa.

Don't get me wrong I'm not painting religious people with a brush but I rather not feel like I'm feeling brainwashed especially amongst former colonies like Africa and Latin/South America. Never understood why embrace a belief system meant to subjugate you

In my opinion people should be free to believe in whatever they want as long as it doesn't impede the rights of others....

Sorry to hear that... but I am sure that you also appreciate the help that most Religious volunteers carry out in Africa and rest assured that they don't look after Catholics they help everyone... they build hospitals , schools etc. I had a family member who lived in Kenya for many years, she also spoke Swahili...
Malta does a lot of Charity around the world especially in Kenya Sudan Ethiopia Tanzania Nigeria and in S.America and Asia namely Pakistan India Philippines...
P.S in Africa other Religious which were not brought by Europeans are present as well...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:57 pm

JANCKER wrote:
nm462272 wrote:...did i miss something?

In the beginning there was nothing... he tried to explain nothing.

okay, so this video is missing all context of the conversation. how can anyone know if Dawkins was "owned" without any context?

i'm going to assume that Dawkins was talking about what happened before the Big Bang, and there is no way to know what happened before that.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion