You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kroos or Gustavo?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who should partner with Schweinsteiger and who do you think will?

Kroos
33%
Gustavo
38%
Gustavo but Heckneyes will choose Kroos
25%
Kroos but Heckneyes will choose Gustavo
4%

Total votes : 48

Kroos or Gustavo?

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am

This is simple really, I see one big negative with Heckneyes coming in as our new coach. Some may take it as a positive but i foresee it as being troublesome and that is the importance of Kroos in the starting lineup.

Throughout the time he has played here
- As CM/CDM he has been poor to average
- As CAM he has been average.
- As winger - not enough games.

On the other hand we have much better players for both these positions.

Throughout the time Gustavo has played here
- As CB he has been poor to average
- As LB he has been poor
- As CDM/CM he has been fantastic.

Throughout the time Muller has played here
- As CAM he has been fantastic
- As striker - average to god
- As winger - fantastic

In my mind, I really do not see a space for Kroos ahead of Gustavo and Muller, this is since we bought Gustavo [Before that I could see Kroos-Schweini eventually becoming a good CDM combo]. And it would be idiotic to sacrifice one of Gustavo or Muller for Kroos [most likely Gustavo].

So what do you guys think, can Kroos - Schweini be better than Gustavo - Schweini and what do you think Heckneyes will do?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Kroos or Gustavo?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 am

No, Gustavo-Schweini and even Tymo-Schweini are better than Kroos-Schweini. Kroos must never ever plays as a CM/CDM again.

With Heynckes coming here, and Kroos's extension, we can be sure he will get a lot of playing time. I have already given my opinion on this in the tactics thread, and I think it is a good solution. Schweini will be playing the CDM position alone, with Kroos and Muller in a more advanced position, this will work if we have a good defense and good team work. However, I agree that it is a shame that Gustavo will be dropped, he is slowly becoming one of my favourite players.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:With Toni Kroos's long term contract extension, and our new coach being Heynckes, I think Kroos will probably have a starting spot next season. I think Heynckes might be planning to switch to a 4-1-2-3

--------------------------GK--------------------------------
Lahm/RB--------CB-------Badstuber/CB------LB/Lahm
---------------------Schweinsteiger-----------------------
----------------Mulller------------Kroos-------------------
Robben---------------------------------------------Ribery
--------------------------Gomez----------------------------

Backups: New GK, new CB, new creative offensive player*, new ST*, Olic, Gustavo, Pranjic, Tymoshcuk, Contento, Van Buyten

*Assuming Klose and/or Altintop leave

I like this team^^ with a great defense it could be solid and the bench seems quite good as well, with the likes of Gustavo and Tymo there.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vijay92 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:28 pm

gustavo is the more natural player to play alongside schweini. Schweini has definitely played better with khedira and van bommel who are more defensively minded. Kroos is similar to schweini so there is less defensive protection.
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Gustavo has the potential to be a WORLD CLASS CDM and that was crystal clear against Inter , and Schweini - Gustavo in that match were awesome
Kroos still needs to change his style of play to play much more roughly and increase his work rate BY MUCH to be considered a solid option beside Schweini
and it was crystal clear also how he failed everytime he played in this position

Gustavo > Kroos
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 pm

I feel sorry for Tymotschuk :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:On the other hand we have much better players for both these positions.

That's the key. We're not Leverkusen and we have a much better player than can do almost a perfect job with Schweini. Every coach has his favorites yes, but I think that won't secure him a spot, he'll get minutes but not many (if he doesn't improve of course). Gustavo was LVG's mistake, he won't have space and he might even return to Hoffenheim, at least I'd do that.

Tymo-Schweini ftw :)
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:01 am

I think our defending will be much better with Heynkess as a coach...he is not 100% attack oriented.

Our main problem with LVG was defending philosophy and not so much players ability to defend.

I think that whole team will defend better and there could be space for Kroos next to Schweini...but again as you all said Gustavo has the potential to be world class CDM so Schweini can me used more as MC...but again Kroos also has the potential to be world class MC...while Schweni is great as a CDM already.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Gustavo-Schweini did a great job at Inter's match. But LvG never tried that combination again.
Kroos marking is like a GIRL. He should play as CAM or as a winger, where he can assist or shoot, and that's it.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby walter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I think Bayern under heynckes will have room for both Gustavo and Kroos (together with Schweini) in midfield (4-3-3). Now if we play a system with a double CDM that's gonna be Schweini-Gustavo.
Last edited by walter on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 pm

walter wrote:I think Bayern under heynckes will have room for both Gustavo and Kroos (together with Schweini) in midfield (4-3-3). Know if we play a system with a double CDM that's gonna be Schweini-Gustavo.

And where will Muller play then? Instead of Gomez?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
walter wrote:I think Bayern under heynckes will have room for both Gustavo and Kroos (together with Schweini) in midfield (4-3-3). Know if we play a system with a double CDM that's gonna be Schweini-Gustavo.

Although I have the same concern, it's not like Robbery are 100% fit season long. Muller plays better on the wings anyway and he can cover both LW and RW. He will probably play more than Robben anyways as a replacement for Robbery.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:13 pm

walter wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Although I have the same concern, it's not like Robbery are 100% fit season long. Muller plays better on the wings anyway and he can cover both LW and RW. He will probably play more than Robben anyways as a replacement for Robbery.

+1.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Psychaz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 pm

i like Kroos but Gustavo is better in his position at the moment
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Am still with Kroos-Schweinsteiger

assuming that Kroos gets the kick in the ass that i have been waiting for
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm

I might be the minority here (and a bit out of topic), but I would choose Tymo beside Schweini as a first choice and then Gustavo.

Kroos IMHO hadn't really prove anything until now and with Robbery fit and Gomez performing I would choose to bench him. He just seems full of potential but too lazy to do anything with it... He should know better that todays football is much more than having talent... He should take an example from Muller who had less potential before 2 years but he worked too hard and now is levels above...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion